Author Topic: How to remove evap canister from 125 K-Pipe?  (Read 906 times)

vwgti303

• View Profile
How to remove evap canister from 125 K-Pipe?
« on: November 13, 2016, 05:30:32 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but does anyone know the correct way to remove the evap canister? Thanks
2016 Yamaha XSR900
2016 Kymco K-Pipe

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove evap canister from 125 K-Pipe?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 08:22:17 PM »
I don't but why remove it? If the reason is because of engine dying, poor idle or hard starting please consider venting the gas cap. Since this is a carburetor engine you may have noticed fuel draining from carb when hot. Regardless of carb or EFI you may have noticed a "whoosh" when you opened the gas cap and that indicates no venting of gas tank. Causes all sorts of problems mentioned above.

Karl
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 08:29:12 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

vwgti303

• View Profile
Re: How to remove evap canister from 125 K-Pipe?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »
I don't but why remove it? If the reason is because of engine dying, poor idle or hard starting please consider venting the gas cap. Since this is a carburetor engine you may have noticed fuel draining from carb when hot. Regardless of carb or EFI you may have noticed a "whoosh" when you opened the gas cap and that indicates no venting of gas tank. Causes all sorts of problems mentioned above.

Karl

Eh, it's just an annoyance to be for no specific reason. It's simply there to pass California emission laws and completely unnecessary where I am in CO, and unnecessary to me means it needs to get gone. More of an OCD thing than anything I guess.
2016 Yamaha XSR900
2016 Kymco K-Pipe

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()