Author Topic: People 50 cuts out  (Read 4759 times)

speedyscoot

• View Profile
Re: People 50 cuts out: SOLVED !!!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »
It sounds like you covered all the bases Speedy. The cdi, coil, and stator can all show the same symptoms. You eliminated two of them. Do you have the service manual? Carry an OHM meter w/ you, Before starting the scoot take a base line reading on the stator. You should have 2-3 numbers to watch. AS SOON AS the scoot dies re-read the numbers. You may have a collapsing field inside the windings. I have replaced dozens of stators w/ the same symptoms. Just checking for spark won't cut it as you may still see spark, but it may not be enough to ignite a hot/lean engine. W/ all else you have done this is the only thing left!
UPDATE: Tried the above test which gave mixed results but cast enough doubt for me to go ahead and order a new stator as I had suspected this as the possible culprit from the begining anyway. Stator arrived today and after install, every thing is back the way it should be - easy starts, nice idle and gets to up to speed with no cutting out. ;D
Thanks again for all the tips and advice !

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: People 50 cuts out
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
Glad to see you running speedy! Stick around, andn you might be able to sort out the next fella's problem!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mclordhelmet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 01:37:14 AM »
Hmm. Ok I'm having a performance issue myself (slower acceleration, engine cuts often cuts off right after starting up). I did a compression test as well and consistently got 125psi, but the tech manual says it should be around 168psi (11.8kg/cm2). Were you told that 125psi is good compression? I've got an email into my dealer to see if 125psi is a good figure for a People 50 2stroke. I'll post an update once I get that info.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 07:26:35 AM »
First, welcome to the forum mclordhelmet. Not sure about compression specs on the people 50 2t.

Just a word of advice, this thread is almost a year old. Start a new topic. You'll get a lot more responses and it makes the forum a lot easier to use.

No big deal though. Good luck with your question. Lots of expert advice on here :).
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

mclordhelmet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 05:34:12 AM »
I took your advice and posted my problem to a new post. Here it is - http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=4631.msg47403#msg47403.  Hopefully I will get some good responses. ( :

quannon guy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »
I ust read through this post and not knowing anything about engines all what you guys have said and named is all confusing to me...I'd like to learn more about this cause I ride a motorcycle myself and should be versed in small engine repair...anyone can recommend a good book for dummies?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()