Author Topic: hmm ... it could be done ? liquid cooled engine :))  (Read 1856 times)

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
hmm ... it could be done ? liquid cooled engine :))
« on: June 18, 2010, 08:21:11 PM »
I was looking on to the sip site from zombie (great site man thanks it have even prices in my money mark and decent prices ) and something jump in my face ... Radiator MALOSSI "Ideal to rebuild your air cooled scooter to a water cooled system[...]" I wonder if you really could turn into a LC ...yes you can put the radiator ,water pump ,hoses  but important part is when you need to put that hose and water into the cylinder walls ,cuz there are special cylinder for water cooling for gy6 but only from 125 cc up I saw ,something like
but I didn't saw for 80 cc or 90 and I am wondering if you do those chanels for water at lathe .I wonder if there is enough material to cut from cuz AC cylinders have wings for cooling so I think its a little bit complicate ... and you need a special head as well to match with top of cylinder ... sounds hard to do it without this 2 ,cylinder and head...
I will put the links with parts avaible for LC system complete my knowledge about that subject if there is anymore :
The radiator and conection: http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/71911500/Radiator+MALOSSI+complete+for.aspx
Water pomp :http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/17050000/Water+pump+BOSCH+12V.aspx
Thermostat: http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/17090000/Thermostat+mechanical.aspx
Hose: http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/17060000/Water+hose+rimiator+l1m.aspx
And few other things gauges etc :http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/main/base/Results.aspx?d=%28sco%29&s=c6aad1e8e7504c22bc950638d453e80c&a=1&sort=0&uc=%289baede47d43e46f6be351116d55c299c%29

I just want to know if it can be done :)) sounds cool agility 50 LC :D , If I will find a treasure I will put those things on "to do" list :))

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: hmm ... it could be done ? liquid cooled engine :))
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 02:06:03 AM »
...wow...guilty L/C.....

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:14:37 AM »
I honestly believe it would make more sense to buy a wrecked lc anything, and mount the engine as a whole into your frame. I am looking for a 125cc anything to mount into my zx. Then I can do a 125 kit on the zx engine. I had a chance at a totaled dink, but the insurance company had other plans for it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »
yes you can take the system from other scoot but you cant take the cylinder ... so how do you cool the engine ,you steel need to cut your cylinder ,and is there ok if you leave the head alone and put water just in cylinder frame and sealing with a gasket between cylinder and head ... How do you plan to do at your zx zombie ?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 04:41:14 AM »
What I meant is take the entire LC engine , and mount it into your frame. I am looking at a mhr stroker crank, and and a 54mm dio jug kit. I plan to build a low rpm (9'000) hi torque engine. I don't want more than 70mph as the frame cannot handle it but I would like to get to 60 in 3-4 seconds. This has been on my mind for more than a year, and can be done over a weekend. I have the intake/tires/cvt. so it is just machine work in the cases/exhaust/bigger fuel cell, and done!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:28:57 AM »
good luck ,if you have money and do that you can't wish more from youre scoot:)) and with that torque you will keep up even with an ferrari from standstill :))

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
ya I seen wear they wraped the motor with cooling cable from a old refridge and it keeps the motor
cooled down, just need to hook it up to a cooling tank to flow the water threw.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 01:29:36 AM »
Sort of a redneck heat exchanger.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 01:34:18 AM »
Sort of a redneck heat exchanger.

..hheyyyyy...that's an idea...get's cold around here in th winter...

..cpl of quick connects and a small 12vdc pump...

..run some fluid tubing in a coverall...

..instant "hot suit" for winter....

..it's funny i think of that when it's 85 outside....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 01:40:03 AM »
I think you are sweating brain cells. Need more water Bro!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 02:52:14 AM »
hay im a country boy sometimes the redneck ways of doing things are funny but hay
if it works why not do it. think back when you were a kid and you made things up and it worked.
if its a cheap fix or cheap repair ill try that frist in todays way of liveing ill try cheap frist anyday.
things are tough all over.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 02:54:34 AM »
..we made more than one 2X6 downhilll go-cart with 2X4 steering by a piece of rope...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 03:09:43 AM »
Hey zombie you interested in a 125 aero with less than 5'000 miles got a couple,there runners no paperwork,been waiting for a doner titled 50cc to stick one in.Tecnicly not mine but they live here,think my buddy would part with one,I'm keeping one!Make an offer,there is no delivery Ha!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()