Author Topic: Time  (Read 2092 times)

Marko

• View Profile
Time
« on: June 30, 2010, 04:54:23 AM »
The clock on my scoot still works but I can barely see it (its dim) so does that mean I don't have to worry about how much time I spend on my scoot? Why is there a clock on those ppls anyways that too much stress.
2stroke Cat sailor

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Time
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:00:29 AM »
Very good point! I think the People was intended for Yuppies, but came out 10 years too late.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »
None of mine read the right time,I'll figure it out some day.Be great to convert that to a temp guage or rpm somthing usefull.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Marko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 05:04:43 AM »
you could stick your gum there untill you find a trash
2stroke Cat sailor

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:47:08 PM »
..mine's the same...

..comes and goes...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »
I recently discovered that the LCD clock on my P250 is powered by a battery other than the main -- the main battery has been disconnected for weeks, and the clock is still on, and keeping time.

As I have to assume the battery is in the headset somewhere, and probably difficult to replace, I figure I'll get a bunch of dollar-store stick on clocks at some point, and just slap that sucker on over the clock, when the time comes.

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 04:53:39 PM »
I figure I'll get a bunch of dollar-store stick on clocks at some point, and just slap that sucker on over the clock, when the time comes.

Essentially that's what the clock in my P150 is and it is a pain to get to, to replace the battery.  Bought mine used and the clock didn't work.  Finally replaced the battery one day and it turned out the clock was bad and not the battery!   

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 05:28:59 AM »
Essentially that's what the clock in my P150 is and it is a pain to get to, to replace the battery.  Bought mine used and the clock didn't work.  Finally replaced the battery one day and it turned out the clock was bad and not the battery!   

... and that's why the Dollar Store's stick-on clocks make sense to all but the prissy, "Oh, It MUST stay OEM"-types.  :lol:

Zimmerman

• ---------
  • Northeastern Pennsyvania USA
    • View Profile
Re: Time - Notes on replacing clock.
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »
I know this is an old thread.

But wanted to mention I replaced the clock battery in my People 150- I posted some notes over in the P150 section of this forum.  I'm pretty sure it's the same as P50.

It's not a bad job and nice to have the clock working.

Kevin
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()