Author Topic: F**KED UP DAY  (Read 3441 times)

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
F**KED UP DAY
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:23:21 PM »
 >:( Had a really crap day yesterday morning!! Got up to go to work as usual, it was pissing down with rain so i thought i'd drive my car. Started to drive my car to work and it broke down literally a few roads away(on the main road) from the street i live in.. Thought to myself ''F**k it gonna have to ride my bike'', so i pushed the car into a side street and locked it up and walk back home to get the bike. Got my essentials (helmet) on and got on the bike!
Started riding... got  into the town centre (about 5 miles from home) continued over the 1st and 2nd island (fine no problem.. riding normal not even speeding) going across the 3rd island...started exiting the round about, and ''CRASH, BANG, WALLOP'' i lose the back end and crash my baby with it sliding and crashing into the kerb. Whilst crashing i smack my left elbow & my right knee while my head bounces face first then my back and the back of my head second on the road, thirdly my right hand smacking the floor also...

i lay there for 15 seconds or so catching my breath back as i'm winded and in agony. Elbow, knee, back hand and both shoulders hurting like hell. (wish i had a proper bikers jacket 'with protective gear').

I tell you one thing though them Kymcos are solid.

Forgot to add...
When i managed to compose myself i investigated the area of the incident to find oil or fuel type spillage at the exit of the isalnd.

I'm well peed off!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:08:52 PM by scorpion_uk24 »

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
Re: F**KED UP DAY
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 03:30:17 PM »
Damage to the bike were mostly cosmetic! Scrapes to the Headlight,front brake lever and exhaust sheild,the right handlebar end  bent and the only real damage is that the little plastic lever on the choke snapped off. So far i've fixed the handlebar end,cleaned up the marks from where it scraped and all i've glued/remoulded the plastic lever for the choke (just while i wait for a the choke to come).

Gonna save up some money and get myself a protective jacket...LOL (I learned the hard way).

Thanks for reading and hope everyone and their motor is ok.

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 03:37:05 PM »
Best part is that you lived to tell the tale.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 05:16:53 PM »
..yeah, we're reading this post...

..that's the main thing...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

beaviz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »
Good to see that you and kymco are (kinda) ok....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 08:43:12 PM »
Shoulda called in sick when the car failed... Glad you're OK tho!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 06:11:34 AM »
Shoulda called in sick when the car failed... Glad you're OK tho!

i did. I even went to the hospital to get checked out, told just various bruising and must take some strong pain killers and that i will get some sweelling. Then got home and had to take my daughter upto the same hospital as she was having a bad reaction to the medication prescribed for her chicken pox

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 06:20:16 AM »
Good to hear you are ok, well sort of. All the best, and buy a lottery ticket, surely your luck is about to change.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 11:39:15 AM »
Good to hear you are ok, well sort of. All the best, and buy a lottery ticket, surely your luck is about to change.

buy my lottery every week almost!  won a tenner on Saturday aswel...Lol  (better than nothin i suppose)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 12:10:49 PM »
OUUUCH!!!!.. :-X  hey scorpion, man glad to hear you made it!!. i found out myself it doesnt take much.... as said by the others, glad to see you can TELL US the story....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
OUUUCH!!!!.. :-X  hey scorpion, man glad to hear you made it!!. i found out myself it doesnt take much.... as said by the others, glad to see you can TELL US the story....

+1  ;)
-Keith-

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 08:41:15 PM »
scorpion, your accident reminded me of what I read once that it is best to ride in automobile tire tracks and not the center of the lane when riding in the rain. The center is where oil drips are deposited by cars and is especially bad at intesections. (NOW he tells me! LOL)

What I'd like to ask though is, during your fall, was ANY part of your body UNDER the scoot. The reason I'm asking is because once I went down while braking into a downhill intersection with a little sand and gravel on the road. I locked the front wheel, fell on my right side and my right foot ended up under the engine of a 500 lb. motorcycle. I still leave the lace on my right shoe looser than the left. I bought a scooter thinking at least if something bad happens, THAT won't.

InfernoST

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
scorpion, your accident reminded me of what I read once that it is best to ride in automobile tire tracks and not the center of the lane when riding in the rain. The center is where oil drips are deposited by cars and is especially bad at intesections. (NOW he tells me! LOL)

It is good to wait a 1/2 hour after it rains to give the rain a chance to carry the excess oil off of the roads surface and also avoid all painted road surfaces and manhole covers.
-Keith-

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 02:30:11 AM »
glade you are ok. when I crashed my bike I was so mad .just leave me alone and ill be all right I said to my self. I love takeing care of my stuff I have its hard keeping things looking good it takes a lot of care but sometimes others just dont care. Im the typ that dont barrow or let anyone touch my things.And sometimes that get me in so much trouble. no is no why cant anyone understand that. take care of your self and good luck with your scoot. did you have insurance and if you did use it, thats why it there
 I used it and it came in handy.

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 07:51:47 AM »

What I'd like to ask though is, during your fall, was ANY part of your body UNDER the scoot. The reason I'm asking is because once I went down while braking into a downhill intersection with a little sand and gravel on the road. I locked the front wheel, fell on my right side and my right foot ended up under the engine of a 500 lb. motorcycle. I still leave the lace on my right shoe looser than the left. I bought a scooter thinking at least if something bad happens, THAT won't.

There was no part of my body under the bike. As i came off the bike went to the left (skidding about 6yrds)and i was thrown to the right (boucing and skidding like a stone being skimmed across a river.LOL)...
at least i can look back and laugh about it now.
thanking the almighty above for sparing my extended life.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:06:33 AM by scorpion_uk24 »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()