Author Topic: Scoot STILL refuses to go past 70km/h??  (Read 16791 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Scoot STILL refuses to go past 70km/h??
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 11:43:11 PM »
...45+..on some flats and slight declines...

..50+ downhill...

..wind speed and direction will forever be the 50 4t's enemy, or it's best friend...

..you will need to adjust your idle mix a bit, and you should learn to do plug chops to fine-tune your mid and wide open throttle mixes...

..these jet sizes we throw out are in the ballpark, but every scoot is different...

..plug chops are the only way to know..for sure..how your fuel is being burned...

..once you get a handle on what your scoot does, you will be able to tune jets almost by ear....

..it's "tuning", as you would an instrument...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
Right.. thanks for the info wordslinger!!  ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 11:55:35 PM »
..want to hear more success stories........

;)

..makes it all worth while...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 08:22:47 AM »
Tuning is the art,
Don't run lean.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 08:37:50 PM »
Hey guys...

Well the good news is this.. my K&N air filter arrived today.. I razzed that on and changed my main jet to a 90. I then cranked the engine.. it took a bit to get the fuel through to the carb as the float bowl was drained.. but it edventually kicked in. I took it for a ride and WOW!! 40 mph on a doddle.. 43mph is like you say wordslinger "a breeze"  :D It will do 45 when Im not a flat and down hill Ive hit 49 but I think my rollers are holding my back on that as the engine is revving it guts off so Ive put my 6.9g back in so it should do about 50-53 down hill then..

But heres the bad news... I didnt even get to tesy my 6.9g rollers down hill.. I never made it out of my road when the engine just cut out.

Its the idle mix I think as when it is stationery sometimes it will not rev and the engine will make an awful knocking noise and if you try to really rev it it would just cut out  :-\

Sometimes it will just do it all the time on idle so you cant rev it to get going.. thats when I had to push it back to my house.

Sometimes however it is fine and it will rev.. but other times it doesnt  :'(

I thought it was the jet I put in that was not right.. so I then put in a 85.. problem was still there.. then I tried a 95 and the problem was still there  ??? Baffling.

I think it is definately the idle mix.. I tried adjusting the idle mix to get tbest highest idle but it wouldnt alter the idle. Proble was still there.

I dont know what it is as it will not rev at all now  :-\
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:41:22 PM by Super8504T »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »
but I think my rollers are holding my back on that as the engine is revving it guts off

..sign of being lean...

...i hope...upon hope...upon hope that you didn't burn something up by running too lean...

..dude, you should be over a 95 jet with the K&N and a modified aftermarket exhaust.....

..i'm running a 100 jet in my A50 with a k&N and a modified stock exhaust.....

..the knocking you describe does not sound encouraging....

..i think you might need to get you a compression tester....

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:30 PM »
Ive got the 95 in at the moment.. gone through the manual and it says to adjust idle mix and adjust the pilot screw in the carb if engines idles roughly and runs poorly. So Ill try that tomorrow I think.. it was working fine this afternoon.. occasionally it would do the on idle but other times it was fine.. I think its cause the mix is too lean? With the air filter bringing a large amount of air in.. the pilot screw cant supply the same amount of fuel to regulate it?

So maybe I need to richen them..  ::)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »
..if it's just at idle, then yeah!!...you do need to adjust the mix...

..close the idle mix screw completely, clockwise (not too tight)...then open it 3 / 3-1/2 revolutions counterclockwise....start the scoot there...then close it 1/4 turn, and see if the idle revs higher or lower...

..gig the throttle a cpl times after each adjustment...continue closing the screw until your idle reaches it's highest rev, then back it down 1/4 turn...

..then adjust your idle speed screw to get a comfortable rpm at idle...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:52:30 PM by wordslinger »

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »
Yeh thanks.. I just hope it is this.. which I think it maybe as it starts (only just) but doesnt rev so its got to be something to do wit the idle.. because this afternoon I was at traffic lights on idle.. came to rev up and nothing was there.. it wouldnt rev with a pile of 20 cars behind me!!!  :o

So I killed the engine then give it 1/2 throttle on startup and off it went fine as a whistle.. its just getting it off idle.. very difficult it has become.  ::)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 09:56:58 PM »
could also need to adjust your needle position on the slide if possible,hope for the best should not ride if a lean condition is presant.Check that plug,may also want to do a thero carb clean when you have it opened up again.For restart after carb bowl is empty you can help the bowl fill faster by (sucking the tube) the vacume line to the petcock.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 09:58:04 PM »
..gotta suck that tube!!...lol..

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »
Lol.. what will adjusting the needle poistion do and how do I do that?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 10:11:49 PM »
...raising yourneedle will create a richer fuel mix during acceleration through mid throttle...

..you gotta remove the cover from the top of your carb to access the needle and diaphram and slider...

..some needles are adjustable, some arent...my a50's oem carb's needle is not adjustable...

..do you have any numbers printed on top of your carb??

..might can save you the trouble if i can figure out which carb you have..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 10:16:41 PM »
Hmmm hard to explain the needle is the long needle looking thing at the bottm of the slide(the thing that go's up and down in the carb body) some carbs allow you to move this needle up or dawn with a clip setting.moving the clip up one notch will lower the needle thus leaning the 1\8 to 1\2 throttle responce going  down one notch will raise the neddle thus richening this part of the carb circuit to 1/2 throttle. on mine i found the more  mods i did  i had to change it for it was sputtering like crazy just off idle till i got to the main jet part of the circuit.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 10:21:55 PM »
On the top of my carb is numbers something like: IT-LEJ2 or something like that not too sure but it is defniately LEJ2.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()