Author Topic: Scoot STILL refuses to go past 70km/h??  (Read 16790 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Scoot STILL refuses to go past 70km/h??
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 10:30:32 PM »
...whoa...thatsa new one.....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »
All is good  :D

Spent 5 hours trying to sort her out.. the just put my 90 jet back in and put the carb needle back in place and bolted everthing back together again then woohoo! It started.. but wouldnt rev past 25-50% throttle.. great!

So I had a look at the needle and diaphram again took it all out and put it all back in again.. this time success! The engine rev'd freely.

All the lovely power is back  :D

However.. one more problem!!! Your all getting sick of all my problems now  :D

My race CDI was working fine yesterday.. all was good with it.. then when I washed my bike.. water leaks in the battery compartment because the battery floor cover is not completely watr tight which is a bit silly  ::)

Now today my race CDI wont start my bike as I think water might of got in it as it was a bit wet.. not soaking just a bit wet.. and now it wont start my bike at all so Ive had to put in my standard CDI back in which is restricted to 70km/h.. another question regarding that as well.. all of you say to cut the pink wires which I have done to take away the rev limiter well I had one of the pink wires cut and and is still restrcited so the I took both of the pink wires out and it still restrcited!! Why is it still restriciting me to 70kmh?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2010, 06:52:05 PM »
cant answer your question on the cdi derestrict you seem to be the only one this is affecting.the new cdi not working is not good check all connections again if not working see if you can return it.Once again keep a close eye on the plug reading,#90 main still seems way too lean,you have done the open air and pipe #95 is usually a bit lean.What elivation above sea level are you.We do this for fun cause the pay aint much  ;)   ;D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
 :D Lol

Im just under 300ft ASL. I know it maybe lean.. but my engine seems to be running ok at the moment so I dont want to open up the carb again and start messing, chaning jets with it again because more than likely something will go wrong again  :D

Im just baffled as to why my standard CDI wont go over 70km/h.. Is there anything anybody can suggest to do to the standard CDI to derestrict it?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 01:48:59 AM »
some were cutting an internal wire but you should not have that one I think theres a link in the a50 threads on how to do it,still think your to lean.plugs, plugs, plugs.must read.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 01:51:10 AM »
...honestly, if the pink wire doesn't do th trick, then i dunno...

..it could be a blessing in disguise...

..anytime you makes these drastic mods, you really should do a plug chop or two...

..could save you a cpl or three hundred bucks in the future....

:o

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »
I know I know  :-\

I just cant understand why the CDI is limiting me to 43mph.. it will not go a tad over 70km/h.. the red line. It's strange because I had the two pink wires on the exterior of my CDI wiring. I cut one.. still the same.. now I've removed the whole loop so there is no more pink wires.. still the same!! Once I cut the pink wires their should be no rev-limiter should there? So the bike should go as far as it possibly can and not cut out at 43mph. There's definately another restriction in the CDI somewhere. Surely?

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2010, 04:02:15 PM »
Just checked my plug.. I was a bit hesitant cause I can never get the bloody thing out  ::)

But anyway looking at it it's good news.. it has a nice tanned brown colour with a ring of black on the base ring indicating is it a bit on the rich side!

I thought it would have been really dry and whiteish colour because I thought I was running lean with my 90 jet but appears not! Good spark plug so far!

Adjusted my idle as well it doesnt want to idle very well at the minute.. but turned the idle mix 4- 1/4 turns out to lean it out a bit to take away the richness of the black ring on the plug a bit. But I would say around about normal as far as mixture is concerned. Just proper adjustment of the carb now to get it all right  :)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »
Cool. I was expecting to see a white melted mass of sparkplug in there  ;D  The spark plug is the key to all your tuneing.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »
Yeah so was I.. thanks guys for your help  :)

Just a bit baffled and annoyed at my race CDI breaking on me.. but I guess I will just have to be limited to 43mph for a while now I suppose  :-\

art

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2010, 08:58:23 PM »
check for the internal wire cut process have another on order though   ;)

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2010, 12:05:48 AM »
Internal wire cut.. what do you mean by that?

It robbed me of £115 pound!! So I most definately can't order another one anytime soon  :-\

art

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2010, 12:08:46 AM »
damn! check the a 50 forums can't say it will work. have heard it can with some other models. I have not verified it though

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2010, 01:20:43 AM »
...cut a notch about 1/4 inch deep in the edge of the casing...

..on the a50s and some other cdis, there is an internal wire that must be cut to derestrict it....

..like this...

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2010, 11:00:36 AM »
Ok.. it wont damage it though will it.. its the only one I have now!

Also mine had the pink wire to the exterior.. would it be worth cutting it?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()