Author Topic: Like 200i High Mileage  (Read 2454 times)

BrissyPlumber

• Kymco Like 200i
    • View Profile
Like 200i High Mileage
« on: January 04, 2018, 01:29:49 AM »
Hi to all, I'm a newbie and run a 2017 Like 200i, just wondering whats the highest mileage anyone has attained on a 200i

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Like 200i High Mileage
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:27:58 PM »
I'm not the highest mileage Like owner here with 9K miles but the scooter has been very reliable in my 5 years of ownership. I have been able to do most of my maintenance on the scoot including valve adjustments and a belt and roller service. The only glitch was a failed TPS sensor that required a new EFI throttle body which was replaced by me. The scooter was never out of service but it was a driveability issue. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 01:48:34 AM »
Think troutbum had 14,000 miles on his - mine has just under 14,000 miles as well.
One TPS for me as well, replaced under warranty. Never failed to get me home even so.( of course I'd replaced the fuel pump, coil, plug lead, injector and evap. syst. valve & hoses - trying to solve the driveability issue....before Kymco USA forced dealer to test the failed TPS. So, have plenty of spare parts)
Still starts quicker than my cars - or any scooters I've owned.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 01:39:55 PM »
I would consider high mileage to be above 50-60K kms.

I sold my P250S with 42K kms, going stronger than ever. At 24K it had major disaster engine failure that was repaired.
Agility 125 has 56K kms, not even a glitch. You would never tell.

These are 4st engines, assuming regular oil changes, not killing them by overheating or revving up high unless they are warmed up, and absence of engine failure due to engineering or assembly mistake, it would be safe to assume that engines can do 80-90k kms without problems. By then, most other things around the scoot would fall apart, the owner would get bored of the scoot or it would be crashed beyond repair.

This is especially relevant for 30 year old and well proven air cooled GY6 engines and derivatives (I think, but I am not sure, that Like also has high displacement GY6).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:42:04 PM by axy »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Duddy03

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:53:14 PM »
My highest mileage was 186.  Typically, it is about 150 mpg.  My driving is mostly in the 30 mph range in a residential, hilly area as well as on fairly poor back country roads.  My wife is a rider with me part of the time.  Like my Prius, I suppose the fuel injection saves some gas as I go downhill and normally I don't have to go full throttle to get up the hills.

BrissyPlumber

• Kymco Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 06:05:26 AM »
So I've done 5KLMS in 6 months which isn't a lot in comparison to those previously stated, checked the valve clearances this weekend and all good,  lovely and comfortable machine

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »
So I've done 5KLMS in 6 months which isn't a lot in comparison to those previously stated, checked the valve clearances this weekend and all good,  lovely and comfortable machine
Good for you -- doing your own maintenance - incl. the valves. !
Yep, it is a good scooter.
Here, the roads can't clear - because it keeps snowing! Ah, I don't need warm weather - just no more snow!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 10:13:19 PM »
18k on mine. Had to do a top end rebuild and replace the variator, clutch & bell around 15k. Getting ready to sell it to some friends who are looking into getting into scooting.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 12:58:35 AM »
Dolemite, curious what caused the top end to be replaced after 18K? When I had mine I put over 14K on it and thought it would go forever. 

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 07:01:06 PM »
Dolemite, curious what caused the top end to be replaced after 18K? When I had mine I put over 14K on it and thought it would go forever.

Sorry for the late reply.

Somewhere around 7-9k miles it developed an oil leak, it was almost impossible to find with the plastic shroud on the engine. After a few years of my dad owning the scooter and topping it off regularly, I regained custody and pulled the engine. Turned out to be the head gasket. So new head gasket/base gasket and rings went in.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()