Author Topic: Kymko 50 Sento cdi cut too far? - anti theft combination under seat  (Read 995 times)

brycenukem

• View Profile
gents,

i bought a sento and have cut my cdi with a hacksaw to deconstrict it. First few rides i actually lost speed and couldnt go over 40 km/h. Every time i also approached this speed or slightly over my ride felt very bumpy.. like it wanted to go faster but was very jerky.. i then went for a rip today and got it going to 50 at one point and it finally felt a lot smoother.. still a bit bumpy tho. Did this mean i cut my module too far? it wouldnt start if i did would it? is it normal for it to smooth out?

Also! for all those wondering about that combination under the seat. spent 2 hours trying to start my scooter cuz i guess my son tinkered with it. have the original aluminum fob with combo but thing wouldnt start. So i unplugged it from the seat and it started up! wicked.. but at the same time, this couldnt cause it to be a less smooth of a ride could it?

i cut it pretty far but didnt see any wire but i know its less restricted.. but still feels restricted.. i just wanna go over 50km/h! haha

blue

• View Profile
Re: Kymko 50 Sento cdi cut too far? - anti theft combination under seat
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 08:21:11 PM »
If it statrs and runs you are good.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Kymko 50 Sento cdi cut too far? - anti theft combination under seat
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:34:35 AM »

Also! for all those wondering about that combination under the seat. spent 2 hours trying to start my scooter cuz i guess my son tinkered with it. have the original aluminum fob with combo but thing wouldnt start. So i unplugged it from the seat and it started up! wicked.. but at the same time, this couldnt cause it to be a less smooth of a ride could it?

The combination lock under the seat is just an ignition lock.  Has no other effect.  You can simply unplug it and put it in the recycling bin.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()