Author Topic: Bogs down at full throttle.  (Read 1842 times)

bencen10

• View Profile
Bogs down at full throttle.
« on: April 09, 2018, 05:33:24 AM »
Hey everyone. I just bought my kymco people 50 for $300 not running. I got it running mint the first day with 1 problem. It starts eveytime in any weather but after engine is warm and I go full throttle I can only got about 25 or 30 before the engine bogs down. I heard this is a common problem I just cant find an answer. Also the clock is blank, does it turn off when the battery is removed or how do I turn it on? Thanks!

bulgarian_boy

• View Profile
Re: Bogs down at full throttle.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:52:53 AM »
remove the plastic on the dashboard, and change the battery of the watch ( separate mini battery ) The clock must always work, does not turn off until the battery dies.
I hope you understand my language : )))
kymco people malossi sport 70cc two stroke,carb 19mm #90 main jet  , leo vince sp3 pipe , variator koso , yellow springs malossi , 6.5grams rollers weight , max speed 105km/h

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Re: Bogs down at full throttle.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:37:53 PM »
Hi bud,

When you say bogging down, is it choking trying to pull, or revving freely but struggling to pull the bike along?

If it's the former, I'd suspect carb and I'd be tempted to buy a $30 carb, swap it out and see if that fixes it.

If it's the latter, you might be looking at worn rollers; also a very cheap fix.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()