Author Topic: Troubleshooting DT300I no-start  (Read 2349 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting DT300I no-start
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2018, 09:30:55 PM »
By the way, that Chrome battery is about 1/16" taller than the one it replaced. It is a snug fit but it goes in all the way and the cover goes back on without bad words.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2018, 03:19:37 PM »
Update: all is still well!

I finally remembered on one of  our Walmart trips to re-examine the EverStart motorcycle batteries. Nowhere on the box or battery is listed CCA amps! Counter man had no idea and could not guess where to look! This is for a ES12-BS size battery to fit the DT300I battery box. At 55+ bucks one would be WAY ahead to spring for a Yuasa and not a cheap China clone like they are selling. How do I know my Chrome battery is really 175 cca? I don't. But it does start the engine better than that 120 cca China junk the dealer put in. For now, anyway...
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 04:06:42 PM »
I've had pretty good success with cheaper white label batteries for customers back when I worked as a parts person. But then again, the supplier we purchased from likely had buying power and quality control in place to make sure the junk never reached us.

We also never put cheap batteries into our refurbished bikes. Customer gets GS Yuasa unless they specifically request and pay for anything lesser.

For my personal bikes though, I never rolled the dice. I didn't have the stomach for it if I was out on a road trip and my battery gave out. Most of the time, I use my battery jump pack for everyone else who gets stranded.

Much easier nowadays with Amazon reviews. Customers are ruthless. Great for the rest of us!
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2018, 06:20:50 PM »
DING! White label batteries! That 120 cca was Bike Master and all the print on the black plastic case was WHITE! From china! Never heard that term but makes complete sense. Cheap, works good enough to get out the door and lasted a little over two years! Believe me, I GET IT! Thanks!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()