Author Topic: Variator chatter  (Read 5661 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Variator chatter
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2018, 11:13:19 AM »
There are youtube videos on removing the big, thin, clutch nut.....and on compressing spring with your feet while threading it on again. Uses a large crescent wrench.
No impact tool needed.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

szabgab

• View Profile
Re: Variator chatter
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2018, 10:14:08 PM »
There are youtube videos on removing the big, thin, clutch nut.....and on compressing spring with your feet while threading it on again. Uses a large crescent wrench.
No impact tool needed.
Stig

Hi, I just had enough of this bike, it is not charging properly and is giving me problems, so I was about going to get rid of it and buy an another 300cc Xciting in a lot better shape, agreed with the seller to have a look at it and would have sold this scoot at a loss with some known problems. But yesterday my car suddenly stopped and it turned out to be a broken cam chain, which is a massive headache and a huge cost so I will hold on to this bike for a while now... Anyway, today I managed to source an M41 wrench, a strap wrench and will dig in the clutch first thing tomorrow morning. Will see, what I'll find, I watched those youtube videos so I guess loosening the nut will not be an issue. How I will torque it down properly afterwards? Well, that's a good question but I will try the two feet method, you mentioned.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:17:33 PM by szabgab »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()