Author Topic: Blessing of the Bikes - #3  (Read 356 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Blessing of the Bikes - #3
« on: April 28, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
Once again I'd have won the trophy for "Best Two Wheeled Non Motorcycle Ridden By A Member Of The TIM HORTON-AARP Coffee Team - Chinese Plastic Category", if they'd had one.

My scooter & I were blessed by a nice bunch of folks - and for the 3rd straight year no Bikers tried to beat me up!
Quite a good turn-out considering it was misting, windy and @43 degrees.

On my ride to the dealer - about 2 miles to go - a gaggle of young stupids blew by me, weaving through traffic at about 60mph on this busy 35mph blvd.
3 of them had young gals perched way up there on the back of sport bikes. They were wearing helmets.
I was very happy to see that they weren't just shopping at the dealers - but stayed for the Blessing, thank Goodness.

Took some pix.....
This is about half the bikes there. ( I was in a hurry to get inside before the Blessing, to see the new KYMCOs inside. No new LIKE150i, nor 300 or 400)

A group came and prayed with each rider, next to their bikes. Yeah, it took awhile - but it was worth it. Glad I decided to ignore the lousy weather.

Besides, I still had all my gear on from the sunrise ride today.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: Blessing of the Bikes - #3
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 06:49:32 AM »
Your hi-viz helmet would have matched the helmet on the yellow bike wouldn't it Stig. 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Blessing of the Bikes - #3
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 11:06:39 AM »
Your hi-viz helmet would have matched the helmet on the yellow bike wouldn't it Stig. 
Yeah, he waved me over when I  pulled in. We're wearing the same Nolan helmets. Nice guy. Actually, everyone there was pretty cool to talk with. And once again a few thought I'd done a great job restoring a classic scooter.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()