Author Topic: Kymco Agiliy City 16+ 50i slooow  (Read 8017 times)

Gwhizz

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Agiliy City 16+ 50i slooow
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 11:40:30 AM »
Hi DrSwammelstam,

Well, it appears we're in the same boat! I've had the exact same scooter for about 3 months and am having all the issues you report. Piss poor acceleration as standard, but maybe not quite as slow as yours. Currently the speedo just nudges 50kph going downhill and hovers round 44-45kph on flats. On steeper uphillls, it can drop to around 40kph which is annoying the hell out of me.

Weird thing is, it went faster in the first couple of weeks I had it. I'd get about 53kph going downhill, but then it lost loads of speed just before the first "tightening up" service at 500km (wouldn't even hit 45kph). After that it ran better, but I never got that 53kph top speed again. Maybe it's because I put on weight over the summer! :) I weigh about 82kg now, so maybe that has some sort of negative effect.

(As an aside, my old moped was a SYM Fiddle 50 II and that did 45kph uphill, downhill and on flats! So I guess the comparative average speed is the same LOL!)

Anyway, my KYMCO manual has no technical drawings, so I removed the seat and had a poke around. My first thought was to swop out the CDI, but I couldn't find one. Don't ALL mopeds have one to govern the speed?? I then tried to take the panel off in the footwell, but couldn't. I'm guessing there's nothing under there other than the fuel tank, but could be wrong. I'm not really technically savvy enough to do anything else like mess about with rollers and stuff, so I guess if there isn't a CDI I'll have to ask the mechanic at the next service if he can get some more juice out of it some other way…

Let me know if you have any luck with getting yours to run faster.

/Gwhizz

DrSwammelstam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 08:15:34 PM »
Hi DrSwammelstam,

Well, it appears we're in the same boat! I've had the exact same scooter for about 3 months and am having all the issues you report. Piss poor acceleration as standard, but maybe not quite as slow as yours. Currently the speedo just nudges 50kph going downhill and hovers round 44-45kph on flats. On steeper uphillls, it can drop to around 40kph which is annoying the hell out of me.

Weird thing is, it went faster in the first couple of weeks I had it. I'd get about 53kph going downhill, but then it lost loads of speed just before the first "tightening up" service at 500km (wouldn't even hit 45kph). After that it ran better, but I never got that 53kph top speed again. Maybe it's because I put on weight over the summer! :) I weigh about 82kg now, so maybe that has some sort of negative effect.

(As an aside, my old moped was a SYM Fiddle 50 II and that did 45kph uphill, downhill and on flats! So I guess the comparative average speed is the same LOL!)

Anyway, my KYMCO manual has no technical drawings, so I removed the seat and had a poke around. My first thought was to swop out the CDI, but I couldn't find one. Don't ALL mopeds have one to govern the speed?? I then tried to take the panel off in the footwell, but couldn't. I'm guessing there's nothing under there other than the fuel tank, but could be wrong. I'm not really technically savvy enough to do anything else like mess about with rollers and stuff, so I guess if there isn't a CDI I'll have to ask the mechanic at the next service if he can get some more juice out of it some other way…

Let me know if you have any luck with getting yours to run faster.

/Gwhizz

No luck yet. The Swedish importer is now waiting for Kymco to do something. According to my dealer some attempts have been made by the importer to fix the problem by using other variator (cvt?) parts, but without success. The dealer claims the moped needs remapping, i.e. more fuel and more rpm, nothing else will really fix the problem. Remapping is however problematic since it may interfere with the european union emission rules/certification.

At least your moped was going 50km/ downhill ;-) Mine only reaches about 40 max. Do you live in the EU?

/Henrik
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:19:30 PM by DrSwammelstam »

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 08:20:38 PM »
So this version of the Vitality is fuel injected as the "50i" would indicate? That would make modifying the CDI much harder since the spark control and fuel mapping would be all located in the ECU. I think that going the DR PULLEY slider route might get you more speed since the belt will ride higher on the front pulley.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 11:14:10 AM »
No luck yet. The Swedish importer is now waiting for Kymco to do something. According to my dealer some attempts have been made by the importer to fix the problem by using other variator (cvt?) parts, but without success. The dealer claims the moped needs remapping, i.e. more fuel and more rpm, nothing else will really fix the problem. Remapping is however problematic since it may interfere with the european union emission rules/certification.

At least your moped was going 50km/ downhill ;-) Mine only reaches about 40 max. Do you live in the EU?

/Henrik

Yes, I live in Stockholm.
Strangely, since my last response the bike has started to go slightly slower! Now doing 44kph on flats and not hitting 50kph anymore on downhills – so annoying! I posted separately on this in the forum (search CDI for new Agility City 16+ 50i). Had a couple of responses, one of the latest recommends the following… "There should be a purple wire with a pink tracer that loops at the CDI. Cut it to derestrict." I haven't tried this yet (not sure if he's for real??), but will have another look and see if I can locate this phantom CDI box!

DrSwammelstam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »
Update,

The importer sent new weights and cvt parts that has been tested on my moped but no success. The importer is now taking the moped back for inspection (and another one, also sold in Umeå). My reseller believes, or is at least hoping for a remap, putting an end to this story.

Henrik

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 10:13:40 AM »
Update from my side… My bike is running even slower now and is 1,500km away from the next service interval. Runs on a flat road at about 42kph, topping out at 47kph going downhill. Definitely something going wrong, so I'll be taking it back to Kopenscooter here in Stockholm so they can have a look. If they can't find anything wrong then I'm going to have to go the same way as you and contact the importer. On the Kymco.se website it says Kopenscooter is the general agent in Sweden. Were you dealing with them directly or through your reseller?

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 01:22:25 PM »
Update,

The importer sent new weights and cvt parts that has been tested on my moped but no success. The importer is now taking the moped back for inspection (and another one, also sold in Umeå). My reseller believes, or is at least hoping for a remap, putting an end to this story.

Henrik

ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE! I contacted the Swedish agent for Kymco (Mipecorp, who own Köpenscooter), detailing the problem. They acknowledged that I am not the first to experience it and they are contacting Kymco to request a solution. Let's hope for the best!

DrSwammelstam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 07:49:52 PM »
ANOTHER QUICK UPDATE! I contacted the Swedish agent for Kymco (Mipecorp, who own Köpenscooter), detailing the problem. They acknowledged that I am not the first to experience it and they are contacting Kymco to request a solution. Let's hope for the best!

Yes, my moped is going back to köpenscooter, lets see what happens.....

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 03:55:17 PM »
Let us know mate, getting really sick of this BS.  >:(

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2018, 09:11:12 AM »
Yes, my moped is going back to köpenscooter, lets see what happens.....
Hi, just checking if they've tried to repair you moped yet? Any success? I've received word from Mipecorp that they have received the necessary parts and will try and replace the CVT. I'm guessing they were planning on doing the same for yours…

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2018, 01:10:05 PM »
There is NO CDI in a bike with EFI. Do NOT cut any wires to de-restrict! There is no carburetor so there are NO JETS in EFI. So do not bother buying #82 jets. C'mon, guys! Google some of this stuff! I have been wrong on stuff, too. But this is pretty basic.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 08:34:20 AM »
UPDATE!
Took my bike in to köpenscooter this morning. They ran tests, replaced the CVT and then took it for a test drive. No change in performance whatsoever, so it's going back to them next week for a full investigation.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2018, 09:58:55 AM »
Seems like the Swedish dealer techs are as clueless as most US dealer techs.....
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2018, 02:44:51 PM »
Seems like the Swedish dealer techs are as clueless as most US dealer techs.....

"Today at 02:58:55 AM"  Crossbolt, you really need to get some sleep. 

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »
"Today at 02:58:55 AM"  Crossbolt, you really need to get some sleep.
'Fraid I will miss something...zzźzzzzz.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()