Author Topic: Kymco Agiliy City 16+ 50i slooow  (Read 8094 times)

DrSwammelstam

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Agiliy City 16+ 50i slooow
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »
UPDATE!
Took my bike in to köpenscooter this morning. They ran tests, replaced the CVT and then took it for a test drive. No change in performance whatsoever, so it's going back to them next week for a full investigation.

No not yet, I have been waiting for the reseller to contact me but he has been on vacation I’ve been told. However, since they are trying to do the same things to your moped as mine it seems a remap is not on the table yet. An yes, the importer also appear to be full of BS, trying the same things over and over although it has never vorked (changing cvt parts). Unless something happens soon I will go for a refund.
/Henrik

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2018, 06:28:07 AM »
The problem is that my Agility City 16+ 50i, european version, 45 km/h moped only achieves 41-42 km/h on flats, 45km/h downhill and drops down to 30-35km/h in moderate climbs.
The NewSento 50i (4T 50cc fuel injected) in Canada does 60km/hr.  The same small frame Sento 110i (110cc fuel injected) does just over 100km/hr. This sounds like a specific European issue. You might check with Kymco Russia since there's no speed restrictions in Russia: https://avto-russia.ru/moto/kymco/

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 09:30:35 AM »
I agree that it's a European issue. It has to be a CDI restriction. The bike should be capable of 40mph on the flat without breaking much of a sweat!
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

tony-iow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 08:39:49 PM »
Hi im in uk the carb version is very slow too. Derestricted by dealer still only go's 30 mph and slower up hill.I wont be buying another bike from them agian 

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 08:42:19 AM »
Derestricted 139QMB should do 40 on the flat without too much issue. If it's a carb bit, it sounds like it could be under jetted.
Rides;

Honda C70C (red, 1983)

tony-iow

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »
Its the 2 stroke  kf10d engine with 82 jet...

DrSwammelstam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 06:23:08 PM »
Update

Kymco is sending a couple of ecu units to Sweden to be tested on the sloooow 16+ 50i, will be interesting to see if it works. If not my moped is going back to the dealer.....

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »
Its the 2 stroke  kf10d engine with 82 jet...

Sorry Tony, don't know anything about the 2-smoke motors :(
Rides;

Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2018, 08:28:15 AM »
Update

Kymco is sending a couple of ecu units to Sweden to be tested on the sloooow 16+ 50i, will be interesting to see if it works. If not my moped is going back to the dealer.....
Got a call from the workshop yesterday that the test spares for my bike have arrived from China. They are apparently replacing the ECU and something to do with the gears. Taking it in next week. If the result is anything less than amazing I'm going for a refund and I'll try another brand/model in the Spring.

DrSwammelstam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2018, 05:42:04 PM »
Got a call from the workshop yesterday that the test spares for my bike have arrived from China. They are apparently replacing the ECU and something to do with the gears. Taking it in next week. If the result is anything less than amazing I'm going for a refund and I'll try another brand/model in the Spring.

Alright! Please post when you know if it worked. If not, the moped is going back!

/Henrik

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2018, 09:41:36 AM »
ANy news?
Rides;

Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2019, 02:08:01 PM »
Hi all,

Yes, apologies for the late update. They replaced the necessary part/s in the rear wheel. The guy said the problem stemmed from the change in wheel size from the previous Agility model to the 16+ (gone from 16-inch to 14-inch on the back). He reckons Kymco didn't bother designing whatever part it was for the new bike, they kept the older version which was not compatible and therefore caused the rev limiter to kick in harder than it should. Whether all that is true or not, I don't know.

I drove the bike home and was getting speeds up to 53-54kph on pretty flat stretches (still a bit slow uphill, but I doubt that'll change). I wasn't able to push it downhill because of traffic, so who knows it might even go a bit faster. Unfortunately that was the last day I was able to ride the bike before snow/ice came through, so I can't verify if the performance is going to be consistent. I'm hoping that when I get it out of the garage in March/April it'll be all good.

Good luck if you're having the same problem. And let me know if you are able to get it fixed!

/G

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2019, 08:42:03 PM »
Hi all,

Yes, apologies for the late update. They replaced the necessary part/s in the rear wheel. The guy said the problem stemmed from the change in wheel size from the previous Agility model to the 16+ (gone from 16-inch to 14-inch on the back). He reckons Kymco didn't bother designing whatever part it was for the new bike, they kept the older version which was not compatible and therefore caused the rev limiter to kick in harder than it should. Whether all that is true or not, I don't know.

I drove the bike home and was getting speeds up to 53-54kph on pretty flat stretches (still a bit slow uphill, but I doubt that'll change). I wasn't able to push it downhill because of traffic, so who knows it might even go a bit faster. Unfortunately that was the last day I was able to ride the bike before snow/ice came through, so I can't verify if the performance is going to be consistent. I'm hoping that when I get it out of the garage in March/April it'll be all good.

Good luck if you're having the same problem. And let me know if you are able to get it fixed!

/G

That's cracking news - final drive problems I didn't even consider!
Rides;

Honda C70C (red, 1983)

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2019, 11:27:13 PM »
So... it appears that Kymco engineers changed the size of the rear wheel (from 16" to 14") but did nothing else to the drive system ratio.  Consequently, with every revolution of the rear pulley, the scooter did not go as far as it did before the change.  Is this correct?

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2019, 03:43:59 AM »
So... it appears that Kymco engineers changed the size of the rear wheel (from 16" to 14") but did nothing else to the drive system ratio.  Consequently, with every revolution of the rear pulley, the scooter did not go as far as it did before the change.  Is this correct?

Yes, that’s correct. Engine Rpm’s will now be higher to travel at any given speed . The scoot should have more power in general though - specially riding uphill.

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()