Author Topic: Kymco Agiliy City 16+ 50i slooow  (Read 8112 times)

tony-iow

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Agiliy City 16+ 50i slooow
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2019, 09:19:30 PM »
So what  i want  to know is kymco going recall/fix them...

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2019, 03:21:08 AM »
So what  i want  to know is kymco going recall/fix them...
Do you ride an Agility 16+ 50 as well?

tony-iow

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2019, 02:35:13 PM »
Yes I do . The worst bike I ever bought nothing but trouble from day one .

mdeni

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2019, 07:19:02 PM »
Please some info if anyone has an idea.

Is this gearbox a problem in the Agility R16+ 50 2t TWO STROKE? The new one is with 14 inch wheels. I wonder if it can go 70kph.

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2019, 10:17:47 AM »
Please some info if anyone has an idea.

Is this gearbox a problem in the Agility R16+ 50 2t TWO STROKE? The new one is with 14 inch wheels. I wonder if it can go 70kph.

Hi mdeni,
My problem was with a 16+ 4T, so I'm not sure about the 2T, but if it's the same wheel set-up then there's a good chance you'll have the same issue.
The dealer has fixed the problem with my bike, so now it goes 50-53kph. Not sure if Kymco will bother with a recall…

mdeni

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2019, 06:32:28 PM »
Hi mdeni,
My problem was with a 16+ 4T, so I'm not sure about the 2T, but if it's the same wheel set-up then there's a good chance you'll have the same issue.
The dealer has fixed the problem with my bike, so now it goes 50-53kph. Not sure if Kymco will bother with a recall…
Thank you. Do you have any idea how was it fixed?

I suspected it was unfixable.

I really want the R16 2t because it is the largest scooter with a 50, and fast. But I would like to be sure that I don't make a mistake and regret the scooter forever.

The_one1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2019, 09:51:12 PM »
hi. a few days ago i bought exactly the same scooter as henrik i also live in stockholm. i have the same problem with my agility city 50 EFI. i whould like to contact henrik somehow and ask what as happend with his scoot. i think maybe i should take it back to my dealer and let them know about this and ask for my money back! seems like a really crappy scooter.

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2019, 06:42:42 AM »
hi. a few days ago i bought exactly the same scooter as henrik i also live in stockholm. i have the same problem with my agility city 50 EFI. i whould like to contact henrik somehow and ask what as happend with his scoot. i think maybe i should take it back to my dealer and let them know about this and ask for my money back! seems like a really crappy scooter.
Not sure where you bought yours from? Mine was from Köpenscooter Lindhagensgatan in Stockholm. When I first complained about the problem, the mechanics didn't have a clue what was wrong, so they had to contact Kymco in China to get a fix. A couple of weeks went by for the parts to arrive (they sent the wrong parts the first time). My scooter is proof that the problem is fixable, so if you bought yours from Köpenscooter then they should be able to contact Lindhagensgatan and get the solution from their mechanic.

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2019, 06:45:59 AM »
Thank you. Do you have any idea how was it fixed?

I suspected it was unfixable.

I really want the R16 2t because it is the largest scooter with a 50, and fast. But I would like to be sure that I don't make a mistake and regret the scooter forever.
I'm not too sure, but someone else who posted here said this:
it appears that Kymco engineers changed the size of the rear wheel (from 16" to 14") but did nothing else to the drive system ratio.  Consequently, with every revolution of the rear pulley, the scooter did not go as far as it did before the change.

mdeni

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2019, 08:30:34 AM »
I know what is the problem. But how did they fix it? Is the final drive ratio interchangeable?

The_one1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »
Im thinking maybe it will work to take a ECU box from Kymco agiliti city 16+ 125 to the 50cc modell. i gonna talk to Köpenscooter about that!

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »
Im thinking maybe it will work to take a ECU box from Kymco agiliti city 16+ 125 to the 50cc modell. i gonna talk to Köpenscooter about that!
Keep us in the loop with your progress!

The_one1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2019, 05:54:56 PM »
the store i bought it from have now contact  Köpenscooter and are going to call me but i think i need to hunt them myself in order to get things to happen, they work so damn slow, but they are talking about change the gears and i thnk there is someting moore like maybe a rev limiter.

The_one1

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2019, 08:39:46 PM »
yes so tomorow friday 5/4 i gonna take it to köpenscooter and they are going to change the gears,lets hope this will work. im also going to talk to them about maybe trying to test the ECU box from a 125cc

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2019, 11:16:54 AM »
yes so tomorow friday 5/4 i gonna take it to köpenscooter and they are going to change the gears,lets hope this will work. im also going to talk to them about maybe trying to test the ECU box from a 125cc
Awesome, let me know how it goes. I'm interested to hear what sort of max speed you get compared to mine (52-53kph).

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()