Author Topic: Why a WHITE helmet?  (Read 2286 times)

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: Why a WHITE helmet?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 10:07:31 PM »
I had to google search Headlight Modulator to see what it is and it is not a bad idea but would the constant flashing burn out your globes quicker?  The tail light modulator looks good as well and there is a company that sells a LED brake light that flashes when activated, just can't find the link at the moment but will look later.   I like the fact that a lot of new (mainly higher priced such as the Xmax 300 and new BMW 400 scooters) are coming out with LED daylight running lights.

A youtube vid on the modulator lights: 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 10:16:55 PM »
I had to google search Headlight Modulator to see what it is and it is not a bad idea but would the constant flashing burn out your globes quicker?  The tail light modulator looks good as well and there is a company that sells a LED brake light that flashes when activated, just can't find the link at the moment but will look later.   I like the fact that a lot of new (mainly higher priced such as the Xmax 300 and new BMW 400 scooters) are coming out with LED daylight running lights.

A youtube vid on the modulator lights: 
Kisantech.com makes a pulsing tail-blazer bulb for scoots and bikes. Had two in my Burgman 400, and have one in CB500X motorcycle.  Simple as changing a bulb. All the technology is in the bulb base. Have LED and halogen versions.
I like them, especially with the halogen bulbs, takes better  advantage of the reflecting housing.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 11:43:10 PM »
  I like the fact that a lot of new (mainly higher priced such as the Xmax 300 and new BMW 400 scooters) are coming out with LED daylight running lights.

I wish this were true for all US bikes, but it isn't the case. None of the running lights are connected on the 400i.

That is, in fact, the first major modification I intend to make. I'm just waiting on a couple of parts...

The forward-body turn signals/running lights are inoperative, but the LED panel is visible through the lens. Same with the rear signals/RL combo.

I'm going to add some LED running lights to the body in the place of the pancake reflectors, so having those other running lights isn't so much of an issue for me. The problem I have is that the forward turn signals are in the mirrors, and the rear signals are in add-on pumpkins. So, there's going to be some rewiring going on when my parts come in.

My new Ermax windscreen should be here tomorrow, so I might put it on, but I don't want to keep taking the front end apart and putting it back together for fear of wear and breakage. I'd rather only do it once, if I have to.
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

barryparks03

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 01:45:19 AM »
I wish this were true for all US bikes, but it isn't the case. None of the running lights are connected on the 400i.

That is, in fact, the first major modification I intend to make. I'm just waiting on a couple of parts...

The forward-body turn signals/running lights are inoperative, but the LED panel is visible through the lens. Same with the rear signals/RL combo.

I'm going to add some LED running lights to the body in the place of the pancake reflectors, so having those other running lights isn't so much of an issue for me. The problem I have is that the forward turn signals are in the mirrors, and the rear signals are in add-on pumpkins. So, there's going to be some rewiring going on when my parts come in.

My new Ermax windscreen should be here tomorrow, so I might put it on, but I don't want to keep taking the front end apart and putting it back together for fear of wear and breakage. I'd rather only do it once, if I have to.
The modulator only works on Hi beam and on in Day-lite (has a photo- switch) an NO effect on bulb. ( doesn't completely cut it off- just dims it a few times a second) I Swear! Cuts WAY DOWN on "left- turners "

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

barryparks03

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 01:46:43 AM »
Ought to be mandatory! Bike built with it!
The modulator only works on Hi beam and on in Day-lite (has a photo- switch) an NO effect on bulb. ( doesn't completely cut it off- just dims it a few times a second) I Swear! Cuts WAY DOWN on "left- turners "

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 01:46:59 AM »
The brake modulator -- maybe. The headlight modulator looks incredibly obnoxious though.

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 01:47:54 AM »
The loud pipes idea seems more polite.

barryparks03

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 01:49:23 AM »
Except for your neighbors! And Noise ordinances
The loud pipes idea seems more polite.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 06:21:42 AM »
Except for your neighbors! And Noise ordinances

;D  I have to leave for work at 0430 in the morning.  My neighbors would not put up with a loud scooter.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:23:21 AM by PaulF »

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 07:20:10 AM »
Ditto - I'd be lynched within days
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 08:57:28 AM »
Yep, defensive riding.
We have a member here who was T-Boned by a lady ---  he was wearing hi-viz yellow while riding on a yellow Can-Am Spyder type thing.

Stig

But that guys a dope !😉

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

barryparks03

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 09:02:45 AM »
But that guys a dope ![emoji6]

AMAC
When you are on a bike. ...you are playing the odds (some times you lose)  I want the deck stacked in my favor (as much as I can)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 10:52:05 AM »
Forgot to mention - if you're reading this in the EU - light modulators are totally illegal here :P
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2018, 12:46:49 PM »
But that guys a dope !😉

AMAC
Well.....
no. Any guy who can ride a 250 scooter clear down the east coast of the United States , gets respect.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

barryparks03

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »
Forgot to mention - if you're reading this in the EU - light modulators are totally illegal here [emoji14]
Wow, [emoji37]
Let me guess. ..hummm...
Bet you live in one of the Communist states. ..?
California?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()