Author Topic: Like 200i/125/50 FACO Crash Bars - Europe  (Read 913 times)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Like 200i/125/50 FACO Crash Bars - Europe
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:04:20 AM »
 Yeah, I've liked those Faco items for years. I think vespbretta has some on his LIKE200I. He and I  noticed the attachment points on the Faco bars aren't as secure/solid as are the Kymco bars.
(Born in Munich, and all I can say is "don't shoot!! in German)
Stig
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:02:29 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 02:05:48 PM »
You maybe better stay away from these Faco products. I have them. Especially these crash bars are of lousy quality. As soon as you have to park your scooter outside (in the rain) over a longer period you will find lots of rust and corrosion around all of the welding points. I am not amused.
They might look good, yes, but of poor quality unfortunately. Because I guess they are not really from Italy but rather from India....

But they might also have improved it in the meantime...they look different now...
http://www.facosrl.com/Scooter.aspx

The original Kymco crashbars that go around the scooter like "handrails" look pretty unsexy, but are of much better quality in chrome coating.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:25:19 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:30:37 PM »
You maybe better stay away from these Faco products. I have them. Especially these crash bars are of lousy quality. As soon as you have to park your scooter outside (in the rain) over a longer period you will find lots of rust and corrosion around all of the welding points. I am not amused.
They might look good, yes, but of poor quality unfortunately. Because I guess the are not really from Italy but rather from India....

But they might also have improved it in the meantime...they look different now...
http://www.facosrl.com/Scooter.aspx

The original Kymco crashbars that go around the scooter like "handrails" look pretty unsexy, but are of much better quality in chrome coating.

Thanks for the feedback. That's a shame to hear about poor quality, especially as my scooter is a liver-outsider. The Kymco UK network seems to be struggling a bit. Perhaps I could look into respraying them from new.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()