Author Topic: ever overfill your oil? & Summer of Love  (Read 769 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
ever overfill your oil? & Summer of Love
« on: June 05, 2018, 09:24:57 PM »
Yeah. No.
Me neither!
But if your "friend" ever does - here's a thing that works for me, my friend.
I have two plastic syringes from Malwart, I think. One is clunky and jerky and messy to operate. Piston/plunger bit works lousy.
This one works good - very smooth -  it is for inoculating pigeons or roast beef or something. Pointy on the end.

Onto this syringe I pushed a tube from a Windex bottle (about ANY spray bottle tube will work).

This length tube was the correct length to reach the fresh oil in both a slightly over-filled Kymco and a Piaggio - my friend said.

TWO important things to remember:

1) Do NOT drop that tube inside your engine - you're on your own after that!
b) Don't put that tube back on your wife's full Windex bottle.

("My friend.."  brings to mind a funny story:

In the spring of 1967 I thumbed to San Francisco from Los Angeles to see what all the fuss was about. A kid from LA joined me. He was both immensely lazy and terrifically allergic to poison ivy.
He contracted a wicked dose of poison ivy when we were sleeping rough around Big Sur.
When we got to Frisco some street folks told me about a Free Clinic across town, where he could get some calamine lotion.

He was too damlazy to walk across town, so I went. I went up to the desk at the nurses station and explained the situation about "my friend".

Well the harried Nurse only heard "dose" and "my friend",  and pointed me to one of several benches to wait for the Doc.

Finally I was called into the treatment room - where the Doc asked about "oozing, and blistering, etc.?"
'Yep' - then told me to drop my Levis and and bend over.

Yeah, I'd been sitting on the VD bench!

Well, we all had a big laugh, and I got my free bottle of calamine lotion.

BTW - lazybones wimped out, called his mom and got a bus back to LA. I found lodging & work cooking for a pro Chess hustler on Haight St. that summer. Who knew you could make $ playing Chess?
Good times.

Stig
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:26:34 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
Re: ever overfill your oil? & Summer of Love
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 12:45:12 PM »
Great story, Stig.  All those of a certain age can definitely relate.  My "maiden voyage" was Mardi Gras at the tender and wide-eyed age of sixteen.  Hitched down from Delaware with ten bucks and a sleeping bag.  Gone three weeks and somehow lived to tell the tale, eons older and vastly wiser.  Promptly drilled holes in the exhaust of my '65 Honda 150 Dream to make it sound more like the renegade my fevered imagination said I now was...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:49:35 PM by Gnzbrg »
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
Great story, Stig.  All those of a certain age can definitely relate.  My "maiden voyage" was Mardi Gras at the tender and wide-eyed age of sixteen.  Hitched down from Delaware with ten bucks and a sleeping bag.  Gone three weeks and somehow lived to tell the tale, eons older and vastly wiser.  Promptly drilled holes in the exhaust of my '65 Honda 150 Dream to make it sound more like the renegade my fevered imagination said I now was...
The Honda 90 I was loaned in LA used a Hunts tomato can for a muffler. It lasted a few weeks then I bought another and jammed it on. My adventure started in Feb. in Massachusetts....hitched to Jacksonville FL., then across to Ensenada MX,  then up to Frisco, then Ohio, then SoCal again, and finally Mass. where Uncle Sam caught up with me in Feb. the next year.

Wife says I wore out my Angels for that period of my life. Never injured, mugged or did anything to get arrested for.
Did get rousted 3 times by police in one morning trying to get out of San Diego. Frisked me, went through everything in my back pack and guitar case on the hood of their cars. The 4th time a patrolman stopped I explained that he was #4 - and it wasn't yet noon. He laughed, put me in the back seat and drove me over to the Naval Station where I could catch a ride more easily to MX. 1/2 later two sailors picked me up on their way to Tijuana.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
This is the gadget I use
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 11:02:10 PM »
to fill my gearbox. It has worked good. Has many uses.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 06:26:41 PM »
Stig's is the deluxe model. The 99cent store has turkey basters for...how much?
2009 GV 250

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 09:55:30 PM »
Yeah. No.
Me neither!
But if your "friend" ever does - here's a thing that works for me, my friend.
I have two plastic syringes from Malwart, I think. One is clunky and jerky and messy to operate. Piston/plunger bit works lousy.
This one works good - very smooth -  it is for inoculating pigeons or roast beef or something. Pointy on the end.

Onto this syringe I pushed a tube from a Windex bottle (about ANY spray bottle tube will work).

This length tube was the correct length to reach the fresh oil in both a slightly over-filled Kymco and a Piaggio - my friend said.

TWO important things to remember:

1) Do NOT drop that tube inside your engine - you're on your own after that!
b) Don't put that tube back on your wife's full Windex bottle.

("My friend.."  brings to mind a funny story:

In the spring of 1967 I thumbed to San Francisco from Los Angeles to see what all the fuss was about. A kid from LA joined me. He was both immensely lazy and terrifically allergic to poison ivy.
He contracted a wicked dose of poison ivy when we were sleeping rough around Big Sur.
When we got to Frisco some street folks told me about a Free Clinic across town, where he could get some calamine lotion.

He was too damlazy to walk across town, so I went. I went up to the desk at the nurses station and explained the situation about "my friend".

Well the harried Nurse only heard "dose" and "my friend",  and pointed me to one of several benches to wait for the Doc.

Finally I was called into the treatment room - where the Doc asked about "oozing, and blistering, etc.?"
'Yep' - then told me to drop my Levis and and bend over.

Yeah, I'd been sitting on the VD bench!

Well, we all had a big laugh, and I got my free bottle of calamine lotion.

BTW - lazybones wimped out, called his mom and got a bus back to LA. I found lodging & work cooking for a pro Chess hustler on Haight St. that summer. Who knew you could make $ playing Chess?
Good times.

Stig

That would have been poison oak. We don't have poison ivy in CA Just sayin  ;D

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 10:06:06 PM »
Who knew?!
I bet that nurse mentioned that 51 yrs ago when she handed me that big bottle of calamine lotion!
That's a hoot.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Rafereal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 09:28:57 AM »
It's a great forum.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »
It's a great forum.
Lots of good people here.....agreed.
Do you ride?
Welcome, also!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
That would have been poison oak. We don't have poison ivy in CA Just sayin  ;D

Reminds me when I was a kid traveling in the motor home at some beach in California I came across poison oak. My brother and I didn't know any better and had been climbing sand hills using poison oak like a rope.  :o
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()