Author Topic: Like 150i?  (Read 7932 times)

pdx150i

• View Profile
Re: Like 150i?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 03:10:42 PM »
I believe that the service intervals printed in the Like 150i manual are incorrect according to Kymco Australia.  The intervals should be at every 3,000km and not at every 2,000km.  You might need to check with the US Kymco rep.

Are you able to get a PDF of that Australian manual by chance?  Would be interested in seeing the differences. Agreed the service intervals seem fairly close together.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 10:02:11 PM »
I believe they are the same manuals as what you have but see if you can contact the Kymco rep there.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 01:04:02 AM »
Holy cow, these service intervalls are indeed a bad joke - at best.
It´s totally laughable and doesn´t make sense at all by the way.
Just one big "money making machine" for the dealers...and a customers rip off.
Or is this the only way to hold the EURO 4 Emissions within limits?.....

Pls pardon my french here, but apart from the warranty period (within I am forced to comply more or less) I don´t give a rats a** what they ask for in the service manual. Just a guideline at best for me. I prefer to use my common sense and should/will be fine.

Therefore imho:
Engine Oil and Gear Oil Change every 5.000km is enough. But use (Full)Synth Oil. I recommend 10W50 for air cooled engines. And Synth Gear Oil.
The Mineral 15W40 Oil is the cheapest and oldest and worst quality oil available. Maybe good for some B&S lawn mowers....
Brakefluid Change every 2 or 3 years should be enough in most cases. Use DOT 5.1 Synth Brake Fluid and you can easily use it for 3 or 4 years.
There are methods to test the brakefluid flash point by the way.
A first valve clearance check and correction at 1.000km is recommended and makes sense. Later checks depend on the use of the scooter. But I also guess that an intervall of 10.000km is possible.
And all these other inspection points....well as I said, use your common sense and treat it accordingly.

Just out of curiosity I will try to get some information about service manuals and how Italy and the Netherlands handles this issue with their new Like 150i´s. I bet every country handles this differntly.  ;) :) Which gives us an idea what act is played behind the curtains... ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:12:28 AM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 11:19:12 AM »
Here is what Kymco Italy asks for in their Service Manual for the New Like 150i.  ;D

Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 10:46:35 PM »
Thanks for that.  Makes so much more sense and I would have considered the new Kymco if they were the service intervals we had.

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 08:14:25 AM »
It's to do with getting a recurring income for the dealers, nothing else. My previous Suzuki had 2500 intervals to keep the warranty up - I spent £1900 on the bike new and about £1700 on servicing over the two and a half years I had it... :(
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2018, 05:14:37 AM »
Ha ha ha.  Just bought the same 2018 Like 150i today!  Mines white too.  Love this thing!  Totally went in to purchase a Piaggio Liberty 150, but they were sold out.  I then filled out a finance application for a Vespa Sprint, but while waiting on the answer for the call back from the finance company I looked over at the Like 150 and was like hey can I take that one around the block?  I was sold half way down the block.  But yeah would be cool to get a new sub going.  I bought the first one from this dealer so maybe it might take a while for people to start owning them.  But man, you cannot find a better scoot for the money. 
2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 12:25:17 AM »
Ha ha ha.  Just bought the same 2018 Like 150i today!  Mines white too.  Love this thing!  Totally went in to purchase a Piaggio Liberty 150, but they were sold out.  I then filled out a finance application for a Vespa Sprint, but while waiting on the answer for the call back from the finance company I looked over at the Like 150 and was like hey can I take that one around the block?  I was sold half way down the block.  But yeah would be cool to get a new sub going.  I bought the first one from this dealer so maybe it might take a while for people to start owning them.  But man, you cannot find a better scoot for the money.

Awesome!  Planning on doing the first oil change this week at around 80 miles. Will be flushing the CVT at the same time as well. I'll post a new thread in the 200i forum with pictures.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 03:22:47 AM »
Will be flushing the CVT at the same time as well.

?? :o
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 03:59:00 AM »
Awesome!  Planning on doing the first oil change this week at around 80 miles. Will be flushing the CVT at the same time as well. I'll post a new thread in the 200i forum with pictures.
.  Yeah got the same exact color as you.  Wanted the grey but their grey one didn’t make it passes the shipping company.  And they gave me more for my trade in to take the white one that day.  The whites grown on me.  Just hit 80 miles and was planning on doing the oil change at 100 like my last couple but dealer said not to until 600.  I don’t know about the cvt being changed that
Early, don’t quote me on anything but I think you want to wait on that to ensure proper break in. Am curious to know what kind of oil is in my scoot right now
2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 05:22:33 AM »
?? :o

And by that I meant gear oil. Not sure what I was thinking.

TX Lady Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 05:42:56 AM »
The service manual should have been under the seat when you purchased it along with the user manual.  The Like 150i that I looked at had them there.

Am brand new here too this is my first post and I am wondering I have been considering this Like150 as well ...but here in Houston am being told the back top compartment is not available yet and seems you got it on yours?  Did you add it or?  I am surprised since they told me several times they arent made yet?  I found a gently used Like200 that has that back compartment and thought that wont be an option for me on the 150 but walla you have one?!

Great scoot how does she ride?

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 04:29:55 PM »
Am brand new here too this is my first post and I am wondering I have been considering this Like150 as well ...but here in Houston am being told the back top compartment is not available yet and seems you got it on yours?  Did you add it or?  I am surprised since they told me several times they arent made yet?  I found a gently used Like200 that has that back compartment and thought that wont be an option for me on the 150 but walla you have one?!

Great scoot how does she ride?

She rides great! 

The rack my dealer ordered and installed from Kymco.  I do not have a part # handy, it was not written on the sales invoice. You could try contacting my dealer:

www.sargentsmotorsports.com

To see if they could order you the rack themselves, or if they have the part # handy. The box on top of the rack is just a Shad SH-33 which is commonly available.

The other source to try would be Kymco Parts Monster (http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/p/Kymco-Parts) .  They don't have Like 150i parts yet on their website, but I called them the other day and they are able to order/find parts with you on the phone with them.

I would not let this deter you from purchasing the bike. Might need to do a little leg work to find the rack, but the bike and $$ is definitely worth it!

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »
I also have the Like 150i and love it.  Highly recommend.  The underseat storage is so big, I won’t have a need for a top case personally. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 09:39:28 PM »
The service intervals for this are similar to that of my 2009 Super 8 150.  Changing the oil every 1200 miles is no big deal since it's so easy to do with no oil filter to change.  If the valves are as easy to do as the Super 8 it's only about a one hour job and they rarely need adjusting.  I went to 5k Miles then 7.5K miles between checks on mine with no issues.  Over 31K on my Super 8.  I considering the Like 150i to replace it.  I really like it in white. 

Anyone checked the top speed of theirs yet?  How about MPG's?
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()