Author Topic: Like 150i?  (Read 7974 times)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Re: Like 150i?
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 09:51:20 PM »
The service intervals for this are similar to that of my 2009 Super 8 150.  Changing the oil every 1200 miles is no big deal since it's so easy to do with no oil filter to change.  If the valves are as easy to do as the Super 8 it's only about a one hour job and they rarely need adjusting.  I went to 5k Miles then 7.5K miles between checks on mine with no issues.  Over 31K on my Super 8.  I considering the Like 150i to replace it.  I really like it in white. 

Anyone checked the top speed of theirs yet?  How about MPG's?
Still breaking mine in (at 450 miles). It’s quick though and I have only been half throttle, but have only got it up to 40 mph, but really do feel like i should be able to get this thing up to 65 mph.  It’s got some balls.  And of course can’t really comment on mpg’s yet.  Love this four valve engine. I have it in White.  I really wanted the grey at first, but they only had a white and a blue one in stock and am
Now glad I went with the white.  Haven’t seen a grey in person yet, but looking at picks now, think the white looks better.  Blue looks good too.  Struggled for a minute trying to pick at the dealer but figured go with the brighter color for safety. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 11:27:30 PM »
The service intervals for this are similar to that of my 2009 Super 8 150.  Changing the oil every 1200 miles is no big deal since it's so easy to do with no oil filter to change.  If the valves are as easy to do as the Super 8 it's only about a one hour job and they rarely need adjusting.  I went to 5k Miles then 7.5K miles between checks on mine with no issues.  Over 31K on my Super 8.  I considering the Like 150i to replace it.  I really like it in white. 

Anyone checked the top speed of theirs yet?  How about MPG's?

Still in break-in here too, but have been to 50 mph and it seemed easy for the bike, like not even trying. I agree with Snoopzilla that it will get to 65 unless there is some sort of limiter we are not aware of.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2018, 12:36:05 AM »
Have seen videos of people taking their LIKE200i onto the highway - full throttle at @63mph.
These lightweight, small wheeled, short wheelbase scooters are at the outer limits of their stability at 65mph.
I do hope salesmen are not promoting these second generation LIKE's as being "highway capable", as some did when selling the LIKE200i's to new riders.
To ride at 60+ one needs more weight and more wheelbase - regardless of what can ne squeezed from the engine's top speed.
Stig

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:44:14 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 02:35:13 AM »
Have seen videos of people taking their LIKE200i onto the highway - full throttle at @63mph.
These lightweight, small wheeled, short wheelbase scooters are at the outer limits of their stability at 65mph.
I do hope salesmen are not promoting these second generation LIKE's as being "highway capable", as some did when selling the LIKE200i's to new riders.
To ride at 60+ one needs more weight and more wheelbase - regardless of what can ne squeezed from the engine's top speed.
Stig

Usually only takes one their first time out on the free way riding a small displacement scooter.  That first bump you hit at 60 mph, then the scramble to get off on the next exit....
2018 Kymco Like 150i

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 04:42:27 PM »
Usually only takes one their first time out on the free way riding a small displacement scooter.  That first bump you hit at 60 mph, then the scramble to get off on the next exit....

That hasn't been my experience.  My first time riding a scooter was a rental Yamaha Riva 125 in Hawaii.  The Riva is even smaller and lighter than the Like 150 (209 Lbs and 49" wheelbase) and had tiny 10"  wheels.  I accidentally got on the highway with my wife on the back so I pinned the throttle and kept up with traffic at an indicated 65 MPH until the next exit.  No drama, it was perfectly stable. 

My Super 8 is about the same size and weight as the Like and it's perfectly smooth and stable at top speed and I have done short blasts on the intestate with it.  If it had a few more HP and would go another 10 MPH I wouldn't hesitate to do that.

My Smax, which was a little bigger and heavier was perfectly happy running 70+ on the interstate.

Light weight and short wheelbase do not make a bike unstable.  My super 8 is much smaller and lighter than my Majesty but is more stable in windy conditions.

The owner of Cleveland Moto claimed he saw 71 MPH on a Like 150i on the interstate.  He claimed that GPS showed the Speedo to be dead on accurate.  That's the only report I have seen so far.  Someone on ADV claimed his speedo read a little high but since the scooter is new he hasn't run it up to top speed yet. 

I am not buying a small scooter to ride on the interstate but it's nice to have the ability to do it once in a while for a short distance. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 08:08:09 PM »
That hasn't been my experience.  My first time riding a scooter was a rental Yamaha Riva 125 in Hawaii.  The Riva is even smaller and lighter than the Like 150 (209 Lbs and 49" wheelbase) and had tiny 10"  wheels.  I accidentally got on the highway with my wife on the back so I pinned the throttle and kept up with traffic at an indicated 65 MPH until the next exit.  No drama, it was perfectly stable. 

My Super 8 is about the same size and weight as the Like and it's perfectly smooth and stable at top speed and I have done short blasts on the intestate with it.  If it had a few more HP and would go another 10 MPH I wouldn't hesitate to do that.

My Smax, which was a little bigger and heavier was perfectly happy running 70+ on the interstate.

Light weight and short wheelbase do not make a bike unstable.  My super 8 is much smaller and lighter than my Majesty but is more stable in windy conditions.

The owner of Cleveland Moto claimed he saw 71 MPH on a Like 150i on the interstate.  He claimed that GPS showed the Speedo to be dead on accurate.  That's the only report I have seen so far.  Someone on ADV claimed his speedo read a little high but since the scooter is new he hasn't run it up to top speed yet. 

I am not buying a small scooter to ride on the interstate but it's nice to have the ability to do it once in a while for a short distance. 

Well Klaviator, we've got at least two camps going here.
I've ridden my LIKE200i shod with Michelins on the highway at 60+mph - and it had no business being out there.
You've ridden the same, or smaller - and are OK with it.

We're not going to agree with each other.

I overheard a conversation in a Florida scooter shop a month ago - two young fellows shopping a new scooter. They kept asking about top speeds as they looked at a few new scooters. All below 200cc's.
To paraphrase the salesman, "in that price range - if you need highway speeds,  let's go look at some of our used 300's."

Stig

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:10:36 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Like 150i?
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 08:10:28 PM »

Hmmm.  71 mph he says....guess I will have to find out in 500 more miles.  Gonna have to verify speedo accuracy tonight.  My experience has been different, any scooter with 10 inchers that I have ridden has been pretty sketchy at 50+ mph (Lance Havana 125 ,12” front 10” rear, and a Buddy 125). But anything I’ve ridden with 12” (Vespa Sprint and now my 150i) has been pretty stable.   Granted the Lance and Buddy were topped out at that speed while the Vespa had some throttle room and assuming the same for my 150i.  But still can’t accelerate out of trouble so it’s no dice
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:13:54 PM by Snoopzilla »
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 08:12:50 PM »

Amen!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

paramedicpops

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2018, 03:23:36 AM »
I just purchased the Slipstreamer Scoot 60 for my 2018 Like 150i

jacobssanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2019, 01:46:59 PM »
Hi guys! I got the service light today for the 2000 miles service.
I'm going to change the air cleaner and the oil by myself.
But I can't find the air cleaner online?
Does anyone know where I can purchase one?

Thanks!

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2019, 07:01:10 PM »
Hi guys! I got the service light today for the 2000 miles service.
I'm going to change the air cleaner and the oil by myself.
But I can't find the air cleaner online?
Does anyone know where I can purchase one?

Thanks!

What service is required at 2000 miles?  I think it's the 2000km service.  I seriously doubt you will need a new air filter at only 2000KM.  I haven't checked mine yet but I'm guessing it should be good for around 5,000 miles.  You should be able to get one from your dealer. 

Another option is to make a foam airfilter for it and you will never have to buy another filter again.  I did that for my Super 8. Link: http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=22868.0]Link: [url]http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=22868.0[/url]
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

jacobssanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2019, 02:15:24 PM »
Here in the US when you get at 2000miles the service light turns on. Also in the service manual says that you need to oil change and change the air filter. Thanks for the recommendation to make my own air filter but i'm not sure if i'm going to do it. I don't want to break my scooter hahah

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2019, 02:48:39 PM »
Here in the US when you get at 2000miles the service light turns on. Also in the service manual says that you need to oil change and change the air filter. Thanks for the recommendation to make my own air filter but i'm not sure if i'm going to do it. I don't want to break my scooter hahah
Sure - have seen guys with $12,000 Burgmans cut up $1.98 home furnace filters for their scoot's filter -- and see how many tens of thousands of miles they can get out of a $7 spark plug.
Use of a home-made airfilter will void your 2 yr warranty - plus your scoot was designed to run properly on the airflow coming through that Kymco filter. If it is required at 2,000 miles your dealer will have it, or get it.

Stig
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 02:51:04 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2019, 07:00:13 PM »
Before replacing that air filter take a look at the one in there.  A 2000KM air filter replacement interval is totally ridiculous unless you ride in extremely dusty conditions. 

BTW, the owners manual is not always correct.  Kymco is especially bad with their owners manual.  The 2018 owners manual has an incorrect amount for oil in the final drive.  I discovered it when I read the service manual which has a different amount.  The 2019 owners manual has been corrected but apparently the intervals for some maintenance has been changed for no reason since it's the same engine.

My Super 8 has been running with my homemade foam filter for over 20,000 miles.   Oiled foam filters are used in almost all off road motorcycles which are subject to much dustier conditions than most scooters.  It will not damage your scooter but it might still be a good idea to wait until your warranty is expired.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

jacobssanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »
Before replacing that air filter take a look at the one in there.  A 2000KM air filter replacement interval is totally ridiculous unless you ride in extremely dusty conditions. 

BTW, the owners manual is not always correct.  Kymco is especially bad with their owners manual.  The 2018 owners manual has an incorrect amount for oil in the final drive.  I discovered it when I read the service manual which has a different amount.  The 2019 owners manual has been corrected but apparently the intervals for some maintenance has been changed for no reason since it's the same engine.

My Super 8 has been running with my homemade foam filter for over 20,000 miles.   Oiled foam filters are used in almost all off road motorcycles which are subject to much dustier conditions than most scooters.  It will not damage your scooter but it might still be a good idea to wait until your warranty is expired.

Okay! But just in case i'm going to replace it. Also someone has the service manual for the kymco like 150?

Also anyone knows if is possible to buy a nodoe system to add to my kymco?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()