Author Topic: LIKE thru corn canyon  (Read 472 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
LIKE thru corn canyon
« on: July 01, 2018, 05:41:02 PM »
Riding between these fields of corn reminds me of the photos I've seen of motorcyclists riding through snow canyons in the Alps.

Not much of a cat person myself, but always happy to see the village cat has survived another week of rural highway crossings.

Once again I note that my cruising speed on the LIKE200i is about 5mph slower than on the big wheeled Piaggio.
Wondered if it is the rpm's that I settle on to cruise - which accounts for the different speed....but I don't have a tach on the Piaggio to check.
Stig
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:45:13 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: LIKE thru corn canyon
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 10:26:25 PM »
Are those your burn out tyre marks in the first 2 photos Stig?  :D  I have noticed that the Piaggio does seem to not rev as much cruising as the Like so I think you are right about that.  Also, my Piaggio speedo is more correct to the true speed than the Like.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 11:41:52 PM »
Are those your burn out tyre marks in the first 2 photos Stig?  :D  I have noticed that the Piaggio does seem to not rev as much cruising as the Like so I think you are right about that.  Also, my Piaggio speedo is more correct to the true speed than the Like.
Paul,
Yeah, no. Tire snakes they call them. Repairing pavement cracks.
Wonderfully fun when a batch of them are parallel to your line of travel in the wet! (especially over speedy bends)
Ride safe down there!
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 05:03:56 AM »
How do you like your Liberty 150?  Actually went in to buy one and as luck would have it my local dealer was all sold out of them and apparently there next order was too.  So I ended up leaving with a brand new Like 150i, which was totally unexpected for me.  I just liked it so much after
A test ride.  Funny how that works. After all the crap I went through with my Lance Havana I swore I would never buy a tawainese scooter.  Well here I am with a tawainese scooter made in China.  But so far the build quality seems amazing and the new 150cc engine is quite peppy and smooth (god it’s so hard sticking to half throttle...gotta get those break in miles over with)
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 11:25:26 AM »
How do you like your Liberty 150?  Actually went in to buy one and as luck would have it my local dealer was all sold out of them and apparently there next order was too.  So I ended up leaving with a brand new Like 150i, which was totally unexpected for me.  I just liked it so much after
A test ride.  Funny how that works. After all the crap I went through with my Lance Havana I swore I would never buy a tawainese scooter.  Well here I am with a tawainese scooter made in China.  But so far the build quality seems amazing and the new 150cc engine is quite peppy and smooth (god it’s so hard sticking to half throttle...gotta get those break in miles over with)
Cool!
Pictures please, if possible.
And which country?
Please continue with your owner impressions as you ride.
Yep, tough to stay in break-in mode - but worth it for long term ownership. (though some disagree with all of these scooter owner's manuals which instruct break-in periods)
Enjoy, and keep us informed!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »
Hmm trying to upload pics from my iPhone but says they are too large???   Guess I will have to figure out how to convert to smaller or maybe I can download from Facebook.  I will try.  I bought a white one.  I am in Minneapolis, MN, good ol USA.  My impressions....welll Kymco did an amazing job packing all these features on this thing for such a low price.  This thing rides identical to my girlfriends Sprint (almost more athletic since it weighs less, feel more confident flicking the Like around then the Vespa cause of weight, though a Vespa will always feel just a little more solid.). But the Like 150 feels just as smooth.  I just took it on a test drive for fun, because I was there to purchase a Piaggio Liberty (they just happened to all of a sudden be all sold out and apparently the next batch was too). But I liked the Like so much I got it.  Will update more as I go along and hopefully figure out the pictures thing, maybe it’s just the iPhone format it doesn’t like
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 04:25:52 PM »
"Made in Taiwan"
The new "made in Japan" as far as I'm concerned. Very good stuff.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()