Author Topic: Gauges?  (Read 862 times)

ccemn1

• View Profile
Gauges?
« on: July 01, 2018, 08:15:03 PM »
Newbie here. I just bought a 2018 Xtown 300 I. Love it!
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the clock from military time to 12 hour? This is a US bike, with Speedo in MPH only, so I'm hoping it's possible?
I got drafted in 1970, and would prefer to have nothing to do with the military anymore.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Gauges?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 12:52:46 AM »
Dint I just answer this? I'm getting old so I forget stuff.. you are most likely stuck with military time.

Hey! You are one of the first with this machine! OK, here's the deal: you gotta tell us every thing you learn about this machine! Impressions, differences between machine and Owner's Misguiding Manual, posting pictures, etc.

Drafted in 1970? I was offshore of where you probably were, several times....I get it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:02:12 AM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 01:47:04 AM »
Karl, you're suffering from Vuja De.
That's the feeling of knowing you've actually done something before.
You did it with me, for my X400i. Unfortunately, ccem1 and I are both in the same boat.
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »
Karl, you're suffering from Vuja De.
That's the feeling of knowing you've actually done something before.
You did it with me, for my X400i. Unfortunately, ccem1 and I are both in the same boat.

Oh, yeah.....
Man, I am steering North but going Northwest.....Vuja De? Oh, boy....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ccemn1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 01:18:48 PM »
So far, I love my Xtown 300 I. Very first impression: I've owned & ridden several scooters, and this one has the most comfortable seat I've ever sat on. Of ANY two wheeled vehicle.
I was coming from a Super 8 150, and at first I was a little disappointed in the performance, it seemed not much greater than the 150, which I thought odd, since the Xtown has almost twice the displacement.
I live on Big Coppitt Key, exactly 6 miles from Key West, and the 150 was fine for in Key West, but a bit harrowing on Route 1, where cars & trucks are doing 65 MPH.
The Xtown removed that suspense and seems to be loosening up now. In that first 20 miles, I was almost disappointed in the performance, but I'm also breaking it in, and used to a Ducati, my big bike.
I took the Xtown up to 80MPH and it was still pulling, so it's certainly not the disappointment I first felt, and it handles as good as the Ducati.
The under seat storage will literally hold two full face helmets, and I find the bike's looks modern and appealing.
The aerodynamics are great, but it could use a little more windscreen, as the air blast catches you right in the face, the Only place there is any windage. I've been told there are after market windscreens that offer a little better design.
I had looked at Yamaha's XMax and Suzuki's Burgman, but really wanted a smaller, lighter bike, more like my Super 8, but with more highway power, and the Xtown seems to fill the bill nicely. I'll keep up on the developments.
Sorry, can't figure out how to insert images I have on the computer? I'm old too!

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 01:21:00 AM »
On the Downtown 300i, the 12 hour clock was on the metric-dominant gauges. Wonder if the Xtown 300 is the same. Find a Canuck with such a bike and find out!
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 01:43:47 AM »
On the Downtown 300i, the 12 hour clock was on the metric-dominant gauges. Wonder if the Xtown 300 is the same. Find a Canuck with such a bike and find out!
we canucks have the same clock 24 hundred hours the speed can be changed from MPH to Km.    we just have a different speed face

ccemn1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 02:22:47 PM »
Yes, it appears that I'm stuck with the 24 hour clock, in spite of the fact the Speedo only reads in MPH?
Thanks guys.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()