Author Topic: Windscreens?  (Read 1200 times)

ccemn1

• View Profile
Windscreens?
« on: July 06, 2018, 02:36:41 PM »
I just bought a 2018 Xtown 300 and love it, but the windscreen leaves a little to be desired, directing the wind blast right into my face.
Someone had mentioned Ermax, but the only thing I can find on them is in Europe. I'm a Yank, and hoping to find something here in the states.
Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction, or have any experience with after market screens on the Xtown 300?
Thanks in advance.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Windscreens?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 04:25:37 PM »
Might be tough to find aftermarket parts for such a new scooter model.
I bought Ermax screens for my Burgman from Motomachines. Might try contacting them.
Stig
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 04:29:33 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »
I just bought a 2018 Xtown 300 and love it, but the windscreen leaves a little to be desired, directing the wind blast right into my face.
Someone had mentioned Ermax, but the only thing I can find on them is in Europe. I'm a Yank, and hoping to find something here in the states.
Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction, or have any experience with after market screens on the Xtown 300?
Thanks in advance.

As I posted before, it's a new model to the US, and you'll have to get whatever's available. as did I. And again, I personally would stay away from Ermax, because of the installation trouble I had. It's an exceptionally well-made screen, albeit a bit too short for my liking, and it hit my mirrors necessitating mirror extenders, and I'd post a link to the installation thread, but it got locked on me for some unfathomable reason...
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 06:46:40 PM »
As I posted before, it's a new model to the US, and you'll have to get whatever's available. as did I. And again, I personally would stay away from Ermax, because of the installation trouble I had. It's an exceptionally well-made screen, albeit a bit too short for my liking, and it hit my mirrors necessitating mirror extenders, and I'd post a link to the installation thread, but it got locked on me for some unfathomable reason...
Not sure what the issue is, but you post #74 regarding your trouble with the Ermax screen is here....
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=25924.msg184994#msg184994

....while I had no trouble with the mirrors or the actual fitting of two Ermax screens on my scooter (a Burgman 400)

Stig
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 07:00:59 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ccemn1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 01:50:13 PM »
Thanks guys. I didn't know at the time I bought it, that the Xtown 300 was a new model? I was coming from a Super 8 150, that I was very satisfied with, but needed something with a little more umph. After looking at the link to the Ermax install, that pretty much drove me away from Ermax. I'm actually very surprised that Kymco made such a dysfunctional screen? I purchased what I believe was a Puig fly screen (Tiny little thing), for my Ducati Hypermotard, which works better than the huge screen on the Xtown.
It looks like I'll just have to be patient and hope a reputable company produces something decent soon.
Thanks again.

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 03:35:59 PM »
If I might?
I would think that if there appeared to be enough demand for a company to produce a screen, they would. To that end, I suggest writing the companies that make screens, (Ahem... National Cycle comes to mind) and ask them if they would consider making a screen for Z bike.

I did, and I hope that enough people do.

Also, FWIW, it wasn't as much the Ermax Screen as it was the Kymco design for mounting that was the problem. Ermax didn't really do much to get past it, and they did produce a good quality product. It was the instructions that were lacking.
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

---
1982 Honda PA-50

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »
You can get a slip screen to mount to the top of that short screen, that might get the wind over your helmet.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 08:01:05 PM »
You can get a slip screen to mount to the top of that short screen, that might get the wind over your helmet.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

Which would sit right in the middle of my sight line... Sigh.

---
1982 Honda PA-50

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()