Author Topic: How in depth of an inspection should I do before leaving the dealership?  (Read 1879 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
As far as your question about pre-delivery inspection goes, CHECK EVERYTHING YOU CAN! Like mentioned, the dealer does not really have to do that much so his assembler cannot screw up much. Engine oil can be low or WAY OVER FULL. Found that on a demo Like my wife had the hots for. Big item is make sure the parts that were robbed are back on properly. I am saying some dealers are really bad about this and if you don't know they are doing it you WILL find out later that it was done to you. Hopefully, there will be more than one model of what you want so you can prepare.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

jmcdo13

• View Profile
Thanks everyone for the good info. after reading your reply's. I decided to change my order to the 150i.  I talked with the dealership today and should be good to go.

It looks like the rear "rack" wont fit a top case. The Kymco website doesn't seem to have one either. What do the Like 150i riders do to get a top case on?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for the good info. after reading your reply's. I decided to change my order to the 150i.  I talked with the dealership today and should be good to go.

It looks like the rear "rack" wont fit a top case. The Kymco website doesn't seem to have one either. What do the Like 150i riders do to get a top case on?

Well Hot Dang!
Good for you.  😊!
As to a top case. ....try google image searches - see if you spot a new 150i wearing one. You won't be the only one wanting a case. Remember to search 125i too, many countries only get that engine, not the 150i.
Post up with your impressions, please, when she comes in.
Stig
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:13:45 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
I'm excited for you - the Like 150i looks great.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
I swear I remember them advertising top cases for the Like 150i, maybe I am wrong.  But I just bought the Like 150i on Saturday and the underseat
Storage is massive, I won’t need a top case.  Biggest storage compartment I have seen on this sized scooter.
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
Glad the dealer let you change your mind, so there's no regrets.  What kind of price were you able to get on that new 150?  By the way, there's another post that shows one with what looks to be a Shad topcase.   
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

pdx150i

• View Profile
By the way, there's another post that shows one with what looks to be a Shad topcase.

Yep, that one is mine. Here is the post with images:

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=26194.msg186640#msg186640

The underseat storage is really big, but would not fit a full face helmet, so we got the rear case. A 3/4 helmet would likely fit under the seat, but I value my chin.

The rack the dealer ordered from Kymco, and the shad case is just that. Dealer installed both, so I can't comment on how hard they were to get on there. Very happy with the case and rack. With the Shad you can turn the key the other direction and the top case comes off completely, leaving just the rack...super nice.

You made the right choice switching to the 150i from the 200i.  We have 72 miles on our 150i and it is awesome. Very fast for a 150 and great features. Rides awesome.  No issues to report so far, just wish we would get a dedicated forum here for the bike.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Yep, that one is mine. Here is the post with images:

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=26194.msg186640#msg186640

The underseat storage is really big, but would not fit a full face helmet, so we got the rear case. A 3/4 helmet would likely fit under the seat, but I value my chin.

The rack the dealer ordered from Kymco, and the shad case is just that. Dealer installed both, so I can't comment on how hard they were to get on there. Very happy with the case and rack. With the Shad you can turn the key the other direction and the top case comes off completely, leaving just the rack...super nice.

You made the right choice switching to the 150i from the 200i.  We have 72 miles on our 150i and it is awesome. Very fast for a 150 and great features. Rides awesome.  No issues to report so far, just wish we would get a dedicated forum here for the bike.

Nice!  Just passed 82 miles on mine.  Only issue I have on mine is my seat lock will only pop open when the ignition is on.  Dealer is gonna adjust the cable on Friday.  My back break seems to be squeaky, assuming that is just break in, but are yours?
2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
Nice!  Just passed 82 miles on mine.  Only issue I have on mine is my seat lock will only pop open when the ignition is on.  Dealer is gonna adjust the cable on Friday.  My back break seems to be squeaky, assuming that is just break in, but are yours?

Yeah brakes are squeaky but not too bad, I think it is just break-in stuff.

At first my seat wouldn't open at all it seemed like and then suddenly it just started working fine, have not had any issues with it since that first day when it acted strange.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
I like the short length of the LIKE200I cable....less to go wrong.
Can't understand why they can't put the key straight into a seat latch. ..forget about the cool stand-off mechanisms!
The Liberty has an electric seat release button ( with a back-up cable release)
The odd times that I have brake noise...I use a green kitchen scrubby on the discs.  Grab disc with scrubby and spin the wheel.
Removes whatever was causing the issue.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Can't understand why they can't put the key straight into a seat latch. ..forget about the cool stand-off mechanisms!
The odd times that I have brake noise...I use a green kitchen scrubby on the discs.  Grab disc with scrubby and spin the wheel.
Stig

Oh cool thanks.  Will hit my disks with the green scrubby.  Yeah I am jealous of my girlfriends Sprint 150 electric seat latch as well.  Part of me almost wishes they at least
Would’ve had the Liberty on the floor at least for the option, but everytime I ride my Like 150 I like it more and more.  I also wish it had an oil filter like the Piaggio/Vespa 3 valve motor as well, get those longer service intrevals, plus imagine extra capacity as well for bit better cooling. 
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Stig

Some SYM bikes have an electric one on the handlebars.

My Suzuki used to be that if you turned the ignition key left, the seat would pop open!

To be fair, I've never heard of anybody snapping one of the cables...
Rides;

Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Oh cool thanks.  Will hit my disks with the green scrubby.  Yeah I am jealous of my girlfriends Sprint 150 electric seat latch as well.  Part of me almost wishes they at least
Would’ve had the Liberty on the floor at least for the option, but everytime I ride my Like 150 I like it more and more.  I also wish it had an oil filter like the Piaggio/Vespa 3 valve motor as well, get those longer service intrevals, plus imagine extra capacity as well for bit better cooling. 
True, my 155cc Piaggio Liberty holds much more oil than my 163cc LIKE200iLX.
Stg
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Yeah brakes are squeaky but not too bad, I think it is just break-in stuff.

At first my seat wouldn't open at all it seemed like and then suddenly it just started working fine, have not had any issues with it since that first day when it acted strange.
Well I guess I am just retarded.  My seat worked this whole time.  Brought it in to the dealer and the mechanic was like I don’t have time for this sh** (said light heartedly).  Went to look at it and pops it open first try (in the ignition off position). And I was like how the hell did you do that?!  Watch I can’t, and I fail to pop it...turns out on I was so used to having to push the key in on every other scooter I have used.  On my Like 150i, you only push in on the ignition on position, but the off position you don’t push in, just turn.  Well makes me feel better on quality control now.  They at least had my plate waiting for me so not a wasted trip there at least, even though it’s only 5 minutes up the street and I need more break in miles anyway.  Ha ha ha
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Hey, but you can open the seat now ^.^
Rides;

Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()