Author Topic: How in depth of an inspection should I do before leaving the dealership?  (Read 1890 times)

jmcdo13

• View Profile
My 150 came in a couple days ago. Picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait! Ill post my thoughts on it after a little riding. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
My 150 came in a couple days ago. Picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait! Ill post my thoughts on it after a little riding. Thanks everyone for the feedback.
congrats!  What color did you get?  Going on 2 weeks since I got mine and love it more everytime I ride it.  Halfway to the first service
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Jonnielights

• View Profile
Re: How in depth of an inspection should I do before leaving the dealership?
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2018, 03:11:41 AM »
I love my Like 200i, she has not let me down once, all weather, all temperatures, all sorts of hard and fast driving and even one crash. 

On paper the 150 seems a better choice, but regardless of if cost, style and warranty are a factor for you, just know you'll almost certainly be making a good decision either way.

Ride Safe!
2015 Kymco Like 200i LX- Gold with Black Stripes
2015 Honda CB500XA- Grey and Yellow
Queens, NYC

jmcdo13

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 06:45:56 PM »
So picked up the Like 150i a couple weeks ago. I have not put as many miles on it as I would have liked, it has been raining here just about everyday, since I picked it up.

I got the metallic Blue. I think it looks great! I'm 5'7" and It fits me well. It's seat is a little higher than my old Chinese scoot. I am still able to put both feet down without a problem. The seat is also way more comfortable. There is an audible blinker alarm. Its not too loud ,but you can hear it  up to about 40 mph, which it can prevent you from looking like an idiot with your turn signal on driving down the road. I have ridden a Kymco Agility 50 and the turn signal alarm was loud and annoying.

The head light is bright. There are a couple of roads near my house without street lights, that when I used to drive them on my old scoot, I would have to turn my high beams on and I still couldn't see well. Not a problem the the Like, just using the running lights.  With the brights I saw everything.

Its under seat storage is pretty large. Larger than my old scoot. It does NOT fit my full face medium helmet, but I am able to keep some tools, rain gear, grocery bags with room to spare. The glove box has a USB port. The glove box shape is awkward. I can fit my cell phone in it, but its kind of like playing Tetris to get it to clpse. It does not come with a rear rack for a top case, just a grab bar. I looked everywhere to purchase one. I ended up having to use Amazon.fr.(French Amazon.)  I found one (Part #gv-sr6109- same as in the US) for a good price (about $80), but its getting held up in customs. I am hoping to have it soon.

As for the ride. It accelerates well. I'm still breaking it in, but it can get up to 50 mph without even realizing it. I haven't pushed it too hard, but I got it up to 65 mph once or twice for short distances. It still had some throttle left. It does idle pretty hard when stopped at a light and there is also a little bit of a rattle coming from directly under the seat , but I am assuming that it just needs to be broken in. I will investigate the rattle soon. Brakes work great, even in the rain. Tires feel secure on wet winding roads.

The speedometer is analog, but everything else is digital. It has 6 bar fuel gauge. It has your normal "Trip 1", "Trip 2", but it also has "Oil Trip", "Belt Trip" and of course the regular odometer. It has a clock, a temp gauge (outside temp, not engine temp.) and also a battery volt meter.

Overall I love it. I'm looking forward to when I can open her up, after she is all broken in.

I tried to attach some photos, but its not working.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
How in depth of an inspection should I do before leaving the dealership?
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 08:09:18 PM »
So picked up the Like 150i a couple weeks ago. I have not put as many miles on it as I would have liked, it has been raining here just about everyday, since I picked it up.

I got the metallic Blue. I think it looks great! I'm 5'7" and It fits me well. It's seat is a little higher than my old Chinese scoot. I am still able to put both feet down without a problem. The seat is also way more comfortable. There is an audible blinker alarm. Its not too loud ,but you can hear it  up to about 40 mph, which it can prevent you from looking like an idiot with your turn signal on driving down the road. I have ridden a Kymco Agility 50 and the turn signal alarm was loud and annoying.

The head light is bright. There are a couple of roads near my house without street lights, that when I used to drive them on my old scoot, I would have to turn my high beams on and I still couldn't see well. Not a problem the the Like, just using the running lights.  With the brights I saw everything.

Its under seat storage is pretty large. Larger than my old scoot. It does NOT fit my full face medium helmet, but I am able to keep some tools, rain gear, grocery bags with room to spare. The glove box has a USB port. The glove box shape is awkward. I can fit my cell phone in it, but its kind of like playing Tetris to get it to clpse. It does not come with a rear rack for a top case, just a grab bar. I looked everywhere to purchase one. I ended up having to use Amazon.fr.(French Amazon.)  I found one (Part #gv-sr6109- same as in the US) for a good price (about $80), but its getting held up in customs. I am hoping to have it soon.

As for the ride. It accelerates well. I'm still breaking it in, but it can get up to 50 mph without even realizing it. I haven't pushed it too hard, but I got it up to 65 mph once or twice for short distances. It still had some throttle left. It does idle pretty hard when stopped at a light and there is also a little bit of a rattle coming from directly under the seat , but I am assuming that it just needs to be broken in. I will investigate the rattle soon. Brakes work great, even in the rain. Tires feel secure on wet winding roads.

The speedometer is analog, but everything else is digital. It has 6 bar fuel gauge. It has your normal "Trip 1", "Trip 2", but it also has "Oil Trip", "Belt Trip" and of course the regular odometer. It has a clock, a temp gauge (outside temp, not engine temp.) and also a battery volt meter.

Overall I love it. I'm looking forward to when I can open her up, after she is all broken in.

I noticed that rattle under my seat too.  At first it wasn’t there but now it is.  Haven’t found it yet.  About to do the first oil change (I am at 450 miles) so hopefully I can figure it out then.  Mine idles really well at a stop.  But I do notice a back fire on deceleration coming to a stop.  So update:  did my first service, and investigated under the seat...got excited when I realized the exhaust bolts were loose (all I could find) made the overall rattles a little quiter but under seat vibrations still there
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:27:26 AM by Snoopzilla »
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 08:12:31 PM »

Thanks for the rear rack info!

That should come in handy for a lot of new owners!
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()