Author Topic: Why does my stock variator out perform my new Polini one?  (Read 8496 times)

GM6969

• View Profile
Re: Why does my stock variator out perform my new Polini one?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »
GM6969
I checked some of your other posts and it sounds like your only getting 55km
Thats not very good.

This was my last posting ( copy paste )
Hi yes, if you will look Malossi springs...your question is little bit unclear
But I will try to answer.

If you asking about 3 springs in the clutch...then its like middle power/acceleration, soft is white, middle is yellow and strongest malossi is black.
If you are asking about the torque sping, big one, then malossi has classified: White is 1000rpm, yellow is 1500rpm and red is 2000rpm.

I used original torque sping, any chinese stock spring will fit  and 3 yellow malossi springs in the clutch + 5gramm rolls, original drive belt, boss drive is 37mm ( original I think is 38? ). And jet is 84 not 85, this seems to be best really.
Unrestricted cdi + iridium spark plug.

Now I ordered Dr Pulley sliding rolls 5gramms let see what happen, if I also add/change this....where those rolls are fitted  dont know in english.

In this case I can say that my weight is 110kg  and scooter runs 65-70km on flat road, down the hill  its like A bike

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »
Thats a little better...
If I understand your post correctly you are saying that the stiffer clutch springs affect your middle power and acceleration?
That sounds like something I could use.... it takes me a while to get up to 30mph.

I think I will try those 1500 clutch springs, I have to order a new brake handle anyways (layed it down) and I have a 10% off coupon for partsforscooters

woot woot

GM6969

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
Thats a little better...
If I understand your post correctly you are saying that the stiffer clutch springs affect your middle power and acceleration?
That sounds like something I could use.... it takes me a while to get up to 30mph.

I think I will try those 1500 clutch springs, I have to order a new brake handle anyways (layed it down) and I have a 10% off coupon for partsforscooters

woot woot
Yep, you understood correctly ;)
"I think I will try those 1500 clutch springs...." you mean yellow malossi...?
And very importand is to set up carb correctly! Otherwise there is no use/point changing. And I am not talking only about valve change to #84.

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 12:19:28 PM »
Nah, probably not the malossi, Ill go for a knockoff brand of 1500's

What do you mean by setup carb correctly, other than changing the main jet, what else is there?

GM6969

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 09:49:32 PM »
Nah, probably not the malossi, Ill go for a knockoff brand of 1500's

What do you mean by setup carb correctly, other than changing the main jet, what else is there?

This you will need to do anyway, just to cleanup carb

But This is what I was suggesting, in german, but you will understand point:

You will need to wait until engine is warmed up, before you will start this.
With playing with those two screws you will get best perfomance out from the scoot and also if there is difficulties to startup scooter after long time, this is main problem, not setted up correctly.

Aaaa, I dont have this magical air filter ( paper ) I changed to normal sponge.

And also I noticed that fuel filter is also good idea to change to little bit bigger.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:36:00 AM by GM6969 »

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
Why in the world would I have to mess with my idle mixture or idle speed screws?  I dont think you know what you are talking about.
This has nothing to do wtih the performance of the bike other than startup and idle.

Anyways, partsforscooters was out of clutch springs so I had to stick with the handlebar and some dr. pulley sliders... not bad for $30.00 shipped.

GM6969

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 11:12:07 PM »
Why in the world would I have to mess with my idle mixture or idle speed screws?  I dont think you know what you are talking about.
This has nothing to do wtih the performance of the bike other than startup and idle.

Anyways, partsforscooters was out of clutch springs so I had to stick with the handlebar and some dr. pulley sliders... not bad for $30.00 shipped.

:) believe me I know, most of drivers think that this is b****, believe me, its not.
But it was just suggestion, nobody forces you to do it ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()