Author Topic: Your favorite instagram # ?  (Read 432 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Your favorite instagram # ?
« on: July 09, 2018, 11:38:13 AM »
#another_part_of_newyork  is one of mine.
NYC is much cooler than I ever imagined! Used to think it was all big buildings ....or slums. Instead, it looks like a great place to stroll around, grab a bite and a coffee on the sidewalk.

Another is instagrams of Paris rooftops....under various names.

I spent 4 years** exploring Paris as a kid - had a great time and rarely had 5 francs in my pocket.

Just sayin'...

Stig
** no, I  wasn't on some kind of sabbatical --- I was supposed to be in high school! Managed to graduate - while setting the school record, which still stands!,  for skipping 😊
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:44:35 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
Re: Your favorite instagram # ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 04:23:11 PM »
New York is also a great place to ride a scooter.  Years ago (late 70's) I lived in NYC and there was no quicker, easier way to get through that crazy traffic than on the little Suzuki 50 no-ped that "The Children's Mother" owned.  She still lives there and rides to work daily, all these years later.  Doesn't even have a car...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 04:27:29 PM by Gnzbrg »
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 08:02:24 PM »
New York is also a great place to ride a scooter.  Years ago (late 70's) I lived in NYC and there was no quicker, easier way to get through that crazy traffic than on the little Suzuki 50 no-ped that "The Children's Mother" owned.  She still lives there and rides to work daily, all these years later.  Doesn't even have a car...
Last time I went to NYC it was from Boston in my buddie's 3 cylinder  Saab. His apt was near the United Nations bldg. When I got out I locked the door. He said, "no, no, never lock my car. If they want it they'll just break in. So far nobody has wanted it!"
 He still lives in Manhattan -- and that old Saab was the last car he's ever owned.
Scooter riders in Paris rent a car if they want to go out of town. Makes more sense to me.
I wouldn't own a car if I  had good public transport.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:57:54 PM »
Yep, in a city like New York a car is more trouble than it's worth.  "The Children's Mother" is on her third scooter in 38 years.  Buys them new and rides them right into the ground.  Her latest is a Vino 125 with about 45,000 miles on it, well past it's last leg by now.  Betcha anything she's gonna get one of those new Honda Super Cubs.
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 12:35:52 AM »
Yep, in a city like New York a car is more trouble than it's worth.  "The Children's Mother" is on her third scooter in 38 years.  Buys them new and rides them right into the ground.  Her latest is a Vino 125 with about 45,000 miles on it, well past it's last leg by now.  Betcha anything she's gonna get one of those new Honda Super Cubs.
THAT would be cool to own in a city!
(that bike started the whole motorcycle movement in this country....way beyond HD's influence IMHO)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()