Author Topic: George is down !!!  (Read 596 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
George is down !!!
« on: July 10, 2018, 12:08:57 PM »
George Clooney down. Apparently not badly injured.
Mercedes turned in front of his scooter. Glad he wears a helmet.
Google it....

Stig
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:15:58 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: George is down !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 09:19:20 PM »
 :o :o :o
Welcome to the club, George. Glad he's safe, though. Sooner or later we all experience the same thing to one extent or another.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 03:12:34 AM »
Yamaha X City
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:19:49 AM by MJR »
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 07:06:09 AM »
Helmets are a legal requirement in the EU, which is good for anybody who gets hit - it's amazing to us that there's no requirement for it in other parts of the world!
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 01:11:34 AM »
It's state by state here, & a bit of a mix.

Off the top of my head.
WA is mandatory for all.  This is the most common.
MN, last I checked, is mandatory for minors (less than 18).  Adults can assume their own risk.
FL is not mandatory for adults, not sure about minors.  One of the folks who pushed removing the helmet law died of head injuries while riding without a helmet as I recall.

I really try not judge those who don't use one, but personally I did use my helmet all the time while in FL.

Helmets are a legal requirement in the EU, which is good for anybody who gets hit - it's amazing to us that there's no requirement for it in other parts of the world!
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

vintagegarage

• 2014 Kymco Agility 50
    • View Profile
    • Vintage Garage
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 12:41:33 PM »
The helmet rule in Florida is:

https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licenses-id-cards/motorcycle-rider-education-endorsements/helmet-exemption/

In summary, under 21 you need a helmet to ride, over 21, if you don't wear a helmet, you are required to have $10,000 in medical insurance.  It may be a macho thing, where many old guys with a Harley think they will be thought of as being a sissy by his peers if they ride wearing a helmet.  I'm not sure how many riders actually have medical insurance, although being on Medicare probably counts and many riders (perhaps most) are over 65.   I live in Florida, and it is very rare to see anyone on a Harley riding with a helmet.. perhaps one in 20 are riding with a helmet.  Very common too to see a woman riding on the back, with the same attitude.. proud to be free and stupid..

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 02:15:49 PM »
The helmet rule in Florida is:

https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licenses-id-cards/motorcycle-rider-education-endorsements/helmet-exemption/

In summary, under 21 you need a helmet to ride, over 21, if you don't wear a helmet, you are required to have $10,000 in medical insurance.  It may be a macho thing, where many old guys with a Harley think they will be thought of as being a sissy by his peers if they ride wearing a helmet.  I'm not sure how many riders actually have medical insurance, although being on Medicare probably counts and many riders (perhaps most) are over 65.   I live in Florida, and it is very rare to see anyone on a Harley riding with a helmet.. perhaps one in 20 are riding with a helmet.  Very common too to see a woman riding on the back, with the same attitude.. proud to be free and stupid..
Reminds me - until 2012 pit bull owners in Ohio were required to maintain $100,000 in liability insurance.
Yeah - like that was going to happen, or to deter anyone. Owning a 9mm and a pit bull are required 'round these parts. Like chicken & waffles.

Next they tried to mandate that cats be leashed. That was funny, too.

Stig
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:21:57 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()