Author Topic: 2018 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS  (Read 29999 times)

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
Re: 2018 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2018, 07:32:11 PM »
Thanks! That's good to know!

+1
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »
GOSH, I didn't know you guys were  here talking about the 400i....WHEN ARE WE GETTING OUR OWN FORUM TITLE????? YOU GOT THE 700 put in, PLEASE PUT IN A 400i COLUMN!!!!!

Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
Heya, Jon! Welcome!
I just got my 400I back in April, and let me tell you, coming from a Honda PCX, it was like going from a go-kart to Formula 1! The very first thought I had was "Damn, this thing is huge!" compared to my Honda. I won't share my second thought.  :o The only thing that I've ever noticed with regard to the weight is when I park at work. My workplace has a rule that motorcycles must be backed into parking spaces. My space is on a very slight hill, (there's a little less than 2" in height from the pavement at the curb to the pavement at the end of the white line of the space) Not quite enough for a ball to start rolling on it's own, but enough to feel the bike wanting to roll away from the curb when backed in. I have to get off the seat by inching forward, before I can pull the bike backwards into the parking space. I didn't have to do that with the Honda. I could walk her back.

The ride is a totally different animal too. The Honda was quick, nimble, and I felt like I could just zip and zoom if I needed to, except on the 50MPH road I travel on my commute. To the drivers on that road, the posted speed is a minimum, not a maximum speed. The Honda could barely keep up. With the 400i, I can not only keep up, but pass if I need to. Even going uphill. While it is quick, it isn't as quick as the Honda. Same with the maneuverability. I don't try to zip and zoom anyway, but the 400i isn't a weave-in-and-out bike (Not that the Honda was either, and I didn't drive it that way) so if I have to make  a quick lane change, I can. I would imagine there's a lot more to the 400i that I just haven't tried to push to find.

I don't worry about being on the road anymore, as I know I've got more power and size, and are more visible and have enough oomph to keep up.

ET, I don't know about the PCX being quicker than the 400i. I had the 300 GTI and I can say from acceleration and being on the highway that the 400i is quicker than my 300. Your PCX being a 150 should not be that fast. I had a Honda SH-150 in Rome and found the acceleration a little on the sluggish side, especially when I was racing against Honda SH-300's :P Nonetheless, the 400i for me is quite tossable and the seat is by far the most comfortable one that Kymco makes....I hated the 300 seat. Honda does make great seats.
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2018, 01:02:40 AM »
You know, you could be entirely right. The only thing I have to compare to the X400i is the PCX. And the Honda felt a little quicker to me, judging from how long it took me to get across the light at a particular intersection. Then again, it just may be that the PCX was smaller, and therefore just seemed quicker.

In any case, I like the X400i far better than I did the Honda. More room, more comfort, more oomph, more capacity, and just overall more.
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

---
1982 Honda PA-50

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2018, 10:52:42 PM »
Hey guys, I need snow tires, pretty serious on road snow tires, any recommendations?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2018, 12:34:56 AM »
Hey guys, I need snow tires, pretty serious on road snow tires, any recommendations?
Heidenau K66 LT Snowtex tires, come with good reviews.
google: scooter winter tires for a bunch to look at.

Make certain you are getting something with massive number of tiny sips....like so >

Stig
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:39:57 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2018, 02:17:59 AM »
What's "snow"?  ???

---
1982 Honda PA-50

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2018, 02:29:50 AM »
Whut? you ain't neva seen a southern blizzard?

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »
Hahaha  ;D
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2018, 12:44:59 AM »
All we ever seem to get around here is either sleet or freezing rain. (Not that I know what the difference is)
In 2014, we had just under 3" of freezing rain/sleet in the area, and there were hundreds of trees and limbs down all over town, and most of the city was without power up to 11 days in some areas. We were without power for 6 days. When the thaw started and we could get out, it looked like a war zone around here.

The last time we had a real snowstorm was 1987.

---
1982 Honda PA-50

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2018, 11:48:43 PM »
Has anyone else beside Alexis gotten an aftermarket windscreen.
Looks like the Puig is 4-6" taller while the Givi is 10" taller.
I like the Puig design better, but want it a bit taller (I think). Thus my question if anyone has the Puig for comparison.

Alexis, now that you've had the Givi a while, how bad did it hurt the mileage?

Last week I did my 600 mile service. I used Honda regular oil. I'll use synth next time. Used the HiFlo HF568. From the looks of it, they make it for Kymco.
After all the service and idling down, I still got 61mpg on that tank of fuel.
The most I had was 62.9 during break-in.
Next full tank after break-in was 66.8 mpg. I've tried to be consistent as possible in using just 2 gas pumps.
During break-in, never over 60mph, and since break-in never over 75mph. Will open it up a little after the 1000 mile mark.

Funny side note: I've ridden motorcycles and scooters since the early 60's (intentionally vague because I feel like I'm still 30 yo).
Not once in all those years have I made the mistake of confusing the controls of the scooter & motorcycle.
A few days ago, I pull away from an intersection turning left and up a hill. I travel this road almost daily.
I lifted my left foot and let off the throttle just a hair in an attempt to shift into 2nd.
I laughed out loud at myself and looked around to see if anyone saw me!

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2018, 11:52:40 PM »
Has anyone else beside Alexis gotten an aftermarket windscreen.
Looks like the Puig is 4-6" taller while the Givi is 10" taller.
I like the Puig design better, but want it a bit taller (I think). Thus my question if anyone has the Puig for comparison.

Alexis, now that you've had the Givi a while, how bad did it hurt the mileage?

Last week I did my 600 mile service. I used Honda regular oil. I'll use synth next time. Used the HiFlo HF568. From the looks of it, they make it for Kymco.
After all the service and idling down, I still got 61mpg on that tank of fuel.
The most I had was 62.9 during break-in.
Next full tank after break-in was 66.8 mpg. I've tried to be consistent as possible in using just 2 gas pumps.
During break-in, never over 60mph, and since break-in never over 75mph. Will open it up a little after the 1000 mile mark.

Funny side note: I've ridden motorcycles and scooters since the early 60's (intentionally vague because I feel like I'm still 30 yo).
Not once in all those years have I made the mistake of confusing the controls of the scooter & motorcycle.
A few days ago, I pull away from an intersection turning left and up a hill. I travel this road almost daily.
I lifted my left foot and let off the throttle just a hair in an attempt to shift into 2nd.
I laughed out loud at myself and looked around to see if anyone saw me!
I’ve got to say, I enjoy hamming it on the throttle a bit, especially at 4k miles now.

However, I’ve noticed an INCREASE in mpg from the givi. I feel the the air is running smoother and creating less drag?

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2018, 12:50:50 AM »
I’ve got to say, I enjoy hamming it on the throttle a bit, especially at 4k miles now.

However, I’ve noticed an INCREASE in mpg from the givi. I feel the the air is running smoother and creating less drag?

To get an idea of the Givi fit, do you mind sharing your height/inseam vs where the Givi comes up to.
Are you looking through it, over it, does it come up to your chin, eyes, etc......

And thanks for your quick replies and help.

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2018, 12:54:28 AM »
To get an idea of the Givi fit, do you mind sharing your height/inseam vs where the Givi comes up to.
Are you looking through it, over it, does it come up to your chin, eyes, etc......

And thanks for your quick replies and help.
6’1” 34-35” inseam. I feel like it might come up to my chin(straight upright), depending on how I sit, and I look over it for the most part, but down through it occasionally to scan the brief second in front of me.
Even sitting straight up I don’t feel wind knocking my helmet, perfectly smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »
Could you guys list the websites that you found your windscreens? I will be looking for one soon. Givi, Puig, etc...
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()