Author Topic: 2018 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS  (Read 30008 times)

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
Re: 2018 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2018, 07:33:56 PM »
Could you guys list the websites that you found your windscreens? I will be looking for one soon. Givi, Puig, etc...
Giviusa.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2018, 08:40:17 PM »
Taiwan Big Scooter Shop has the Kymco large: https://taiwanbigscootershop.com/collections/xciting-parts/products/kymco-oem-xciting-400-long-windshield

Ebay has Givi, Ermax, and Puig.

You can find the one you like, get the part number and then do a search world wide to different vendors.

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2018, 09:44:45 PM »
Alexis there is no 400i windshield on the site for our model
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2018, 09:46:50 PM »
Alexis there is no 400i windshield on the site for our model
I know, but the 500 and older 400 do fit, I’ve mentioned that the plastic bars on the windshield are the only thing that don’t fit perfectly

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2018, 11:58:17 PM »
Could you guys list the websites that you found your windscreens? I will be looking for one soon. Givi, Puig, etc...

I got my Ermax at Motomachines.

https://www.motomachines.com/ermax-high-screen-windshield-for-kymco-400i-xciting-13

And this is a bit less than I actually paid for mine.

Be aware, they're going to cancel your order unless you stay in touch and stay on top of them, and keep asking where your windscreen is. They'll "discover" one in the warehouse, and ship it out to you.

At least, that's what happened to me.

This is a superb windscreen. almost 5mm thick. The only thing about it I don't like is I wish it were about 3"-4" taller.
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2018, 10:05:20 PM »
I know, but the 500 and older 400 do fit, I’ve mentioned that the plastic bars on the windshield are the only thing that don’t fit perfectly

How did you find this out (about the 500)? I thought they looked alike, but I couldn't find anything definitive.....
AND do you mean the R500i?

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2018, 11:34:09 PM »
How did you find this out (about the 500)? I thought they looked alike, but I couldn't find anything definitive.....
AND do you mean the R500i?
I ordered from an italian site and they comfirmed it would fit!

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2018, 03:01:36 AM »
I've NEVER had a ride so easy to put onto the center stand.
While holding ONLY the left handlebar, I can press down on the stand while giving just a slight tug on the bar and she goes right up.

Maybe other Kymcos are this easy too, but I was pleasantly shocked and repeated it 2 more times just to make sure.
My Like 200i is much lighter than your new 400i but mine goes up on the center stand with only my foot pressure.

I am very interested in the 400i -- are you still happy with it?  What are the best and worst things about it?
2015 Like 200i

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2018, 03:23:26 PM »
No, not happy.......I'm ecstatic......  ;D
random order as I think about it:
Light weight feel, still lots of get up and go IF you need/want it.
Found out 2 days ago, it is good in the rain. Had a gully washer with 30mph gusts and it handled it well.
Still having the short OEM shield, I was still able to ride with one hand while protecting my mouth/nose with my left hand.
Worst thing to me is the DOT requirement of the stalk signals and mirror signals instead of the integrated units. 16" requirement between signals.
The odd ball oil filter can be a problem as you will definitely have to order it.
The owners manual is half joke. Wrong dash and operating procedures for the instruments in the manual.
I have a short inseam (28"), so the height is a challenge, but I'm adapting.
I like the sound, performance, mileage, & looks. The ride is smoother than my CTX1300 on the same roads, but no where as nice as my old Gold Wings.
I started out at about 62 mpg and since break-in service it is about 66 mpg(66.8 on the last fuel up). OF course that is indicated.
I need a longer trip to verify, but a short 32 mile trip indicates that should be 64.2 mpg. That was using the GPS on my phone as the initial check.
According the phone GPS, my 32 miles was 30.8 approx. My speed at indicated 43, was 41. I'll use my Garmin later for more validating.
I also don't like how the luggage rack on the rear has the bracket come down to attach to the tag mount. Aesthetic, but still a peeve of mine.
I do not like the red strip across the seat. No, it doesn't hurt anything and not noticeable when riding, but I like to de-badge everything and it is just one of those burr under the saddle(figuratively) things for me.
I don't know for sure if it is because I'm getting older and thus more careful, but this is the first bike I've not drug hard parts while taking sharp curves in my riding area.
Also 2 days ago, I noticed a very small clanking sound as I slowed down to turn. I heard it 3 times. I was stopping and checking everything to makes sure nothing was coming loose. After 2 hours, I realized it was just the brake levers. Now that I know what it was, I don't hear it any more....yeah, you know what I mean.
Grated bridges, twisties up/down hill, and tar/gravel roads are handled fine (daily ride for me).
A low grade video of my daily ride:
So, as you can see, the dislikes are not a problem any more than a color choice would be. All the things that matter are really good.
Ask something else specific and I'll answer if I can......

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2018, 04:00:38 PM »
No, not happy.......I'm ecstatic......  ;D

Ask something else specific and I'll answer if I can......
Thank you!  Thank you!  Nice looking scoot.

No need to ask you anything more right now but if I think of something I surely will.  Thanks for the in-depth review and the video -- nice country roads -- beautiful scenery.

You know, I find my CTX1300 kind of rough riding too.  It is no where near as smooth as my H-D Softails.  And the CTX1300 weighs about the same as a Softail -- 730 lbs.
2015 Like 200i

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2018, 05:45:54 PM »
Draco: I too have an X400i and I love it just as much as Alexis and Clampett love theirs. Maybe a little bit more. I too have added a better windscreen (the Ermax) and I echo the warning that parts are hell the ruggedest mile to get (I've been waiting over a month for an oil filter and service parts!) and I also didn't care for the DOT signals, so I have changed mine out. I've already completed the rear turn signals (looks fantastic! Tutorial on the board) and the fronts are coming up as soon as I get my 600 (more like 740) mile service done. I'll post a tutorial thread on that one too, FWIW.

Let me recommend getting a pair of foam grip sleeves to slip on over the stock grips if you plan on doing any distance riding, as that makes grip pressure and hand fatigue vanish. Got mine from Amazon, but there are other sources out there.

Can't recommend this machine enough.
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »
Draco: I too have an X400i and I love it just as much as Alexis and Clampett love theirs.

Can't recommend this machine enough.
Thank you for your comments.  I want to get a larger displacement scooter, not to replace my 200i, but to have a bit more power when I want it.  I'm not sure what I will purchase -- it depends on what pops up on Craigslist most likely.  I'm looking for at least 250-300cc and up.

Thanks again!
2015 Like 200i

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2018, 01:34:44 AM »
Alexis, is your givi screen clear or opaque. What was the model number( I can speak and read Italian so I might order from the Castelgondolfo site)? I was looking at the puig also. I was just curious because the givi model looks a little opaque.
Thanks

Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2018, 02:02:39 AM »
Alexis, is your givi screen clear or opaque. What was the model number( I can speak and read Italian so I might order from the Castelgondolfo site)? I was looking at the puig also. I was just curious because the givi model looks a little opaque.
Thanks

Dean

Beware the difference in height. I think the Puig is 4.5 inches taller while the Givi is about 10" more. Working from memory here, so that may not be exact, but I do remember seeing the Givi was taller.

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2018, 02:07:22 AM »
Thanks

Dean
I got the clear, As I was unsure if I’d need to look through it (I do occasionally) and didn’t want it to obscure night vision! I’ll get you that model number early tomorrow!

Also, I have now passed the 5000mile mark (closer to 5100 now)
I’ve had this machine for coming up quickly on two full months!
And BOY do I have some good experience with it at this point.

There’s a heat shield on the first exposed bend of the exhaust, I highly recommend checking the bolts on it.
I discovered I lost one, and the last one was becoming loose (the roads up here are absolutely awful.
(I found replacements at homedepot if anyone wants to know those.)

I used to be (still am sort of) a racing cyclist, and personally love hard grips, but I do have my cycling fingerless gloves for any longer riding (>3 hours).

Doing a quick highspeed burst (possibly speeding, but very shortly!) seemingly shifts the CVT to its highest point, allowing you to run 500-1000 rpm LOWER for the same speeds. (I’ve been testing this and going to 85-90 seems to cause it, and it lasts until a long shut off at which point you’ll need to repeat it) I can’t recommend breaking the law however.

Also I’ve been using castrol (?) 5w/40 full synthetic motor oil in my scooter since the first change.
Also I recommend amazon prime to anyone who owns this scooter, I easily found my sparkplug, and oil filter on there, and they arrive about two days later!
At 5000 miles I’d like to give an endorsement for this scooter, it’s amazing in cities, and road tearing, tire shreddingly fun on highways.
It’s not given me a single issue, and does whatever I ask, the moment I ask.
It’s comfortable and has a good weight to it. Fun to corner (no chicken strips here), and keeps up with just about anyone.
I love Victoire, and how much fun everything is on her.
I hope everyone else enjoys it just as much!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()