Author Topic: Didn’t take long for my Like 150i to get bruises.  (Read 843 times)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Didn’t take long for my Like 150i to get bruises.
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:11:45 PM »
Well, girlfriend just grazed my heatshield with her wheel on her Audi and it was enough to snap the muffler heat shield and push my scooter into the wall and scrape my front fender pretty good.  Not even broken in yet.  (She already backed straight into her Vespa Sprint and knocked it over big scrape on side of the body so you’d think she learned her lesson to pay attention). Not even sure if I can
Obtain part numbers even at this point.  Wish I could load pics on here but no matter what I try the file is just a hair too big.  Might just bring the heat shield into work and take a grinder/sander and reshape it.  Guess I could always put a sticker over the fender.  Could be a lot worse though, if I wasn’t standing there yelling for her to stop, would be looking at an insurance claim.
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Didn’t take long for my Like 150i to get bruises.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 11:46:41 PM »
That's a shame snoop!

Wish our forum had member's country under the avatar. Are you in the USA?
Hopefully parts will be along soon from a distributor. Right now I don't see parts for the new 300, the 400 or the new LIKE150i.
What does the dealer say?
We all feel your pain on this one!

Our loved ones are just that, aren't they? Glad no one holds my mistakes against me for too long.
(as for photos - try googling free photo hosting sites - some help you select for forums)

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:03:43 AM »
That's a shame snoop!

Hopefully parts will be along soon from a distributor. Right now I don't see parts for the new 300, the 400 or the new LIKE150i.

Our loved ones are just that, aren't they? Glad no one holds my mistakes against me for too long.
(as for photos - try googling free photo hosting sites - some help you select for forums)

Stig
. Dealer couldn’t even order a new mirror to replace the one that came stripped (guess everything is showing backordered, so we will see how long.  Yep in the USA (Minneapolis, Minnesota) .  Think she’s come to rely too much on the parking sensors on her car, but they only cover the front and back and they aren’t reliable enough to count on (maybe 80 percent). I was worried she bent my exhaust or possibly cracked/stressed a mount, but don’t think it was any near that kind of damage.  Guess I will be rocking a scratched fender and broken heat shield for awhile.  If prices are
Similar to 200i parts, should come in around $100 or so give or
Take so not bad.  Could be worse.  Really hate living in a condo with only once parking spot.  Alright I will work on finding a picture hosting site. 
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 12:21:05 AM »
We started seeing pictures of this new, 2nd generation LIKE @ 3 years ago. It has changed shape a little bit from the scooter shown on the world Kymco site, and the ones displayed at European motor shows.
This final version might have been in European dealers as early as late 2016. Maybe this 4 valve engine has been used previously in other Kymco models. There are a boatload of Asian models which we never see.

My point being that surely it won't be long before you can get some parts which are unique to this model's engine and panels.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 01:07:14 AM »
We started seeing pictures of this new, 2nd generation LIKE @ 3 years ago. It has changed shape a little bit from the scooter shown on the world Kymco site, and the ones displayed at European motor shows.
This final version might have been in European dealers as early as late 2016. Maybe this 4 valve engine has been used previously in other Kymco models. There are a boatload of Asian models which we never see.

My point being that surely it won't be long before you can get some parts which are unique to this model's engine and panels.

Stig

Oh ok.  Yeah I hope so soon.  Otherwise might swing by an automotive parts store and see if they can match my paint at least decent enough for a temporary fix on the fender.  At least nothing got cracked (well besides the end of the heat shield, which is plastic with a foil inner I could always try gluing it back together, but I think I will just round off the ends at work and wait to get a new one.  Hopefully I can get some pics loaded up of the carnage. I think I read some where that this is the same or similar engine to the one used in the movie 150, not sure about that though.  But am sure the newer people s (not Available here in the states, uses this engine as well, almost wish that model was available here, pretty much looks like a copy of the Honda sh150, or more similar to your Piaggio Liberty)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:18:23 AM by Snoopzilla »
2018 Kymco Like 150i

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 04:45:48 PM »
Hey Snoop I don't use a file sharing site for my pics I just download photos from my digital camera or phone to my PC and use the on- board software to resize them to comply with the sites pixel requirements. I don't get the big panoramic views that Stig achieves but they are sharp and well composed.  ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 04:57:16 PM »
Hey Snoop I don't use a file sharing site for my pics I just download photos from my digital camera or phone to my PC and use the on- board software to resize them to comply with the sites pixel requirements. I don't get the big panoramic views that Stig achieves but they are sharp and well composed.  ;)
. Oh ok I did try a converter yesterday, but they were coming out just a couple kB’s too much, like seriously 5kb. Don’t think I have ever had a problem before
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 05:01:33 PM »
That's a shame snoop!

Stig
I did find the parts on the Kymco site, will be about $90 before shipping and handling.  Now to call the dealer and see if I can actually order them.  Fun fact the new led headlight assembly is $245 to replace! Edit.  Ok just got off the phone with the dealer and $96 later I ordered my parts.  They say it should be here in a week or so
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 06:11:33 PM by Snoopzilla »
2018 Kymco Like 150i

jmcdo13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 10:44:22 PM »
I just picked up  my new Like 150i today! Loading onto the truck, to take it home, I scraped the front wheel cover. My said, it gives her  (the scoot) character... I guess.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2018, 10:46:07 PM »
I just picked up  my new Like 150i today! Loading onto the truck, to take it home, I scraped the front wheel cover. My said, it gives her  (the scoot) character... I guess.
congrats!!!  Sucks about the front wheel cover, which coincidentally is one of the parts I am replacing...you can get a painted one from Kymco for $46
2018 Kymco Like 150i

jmcdo13

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 02:09:54 PM »
Have you added a top case to your Like 150 yet? if so where did you get it?

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 03:08:40 PM »
Have you added a top case to your Like 150 yet? if so where did you get it?
. No I haven’t.  My scoot before this one (Lance Havana) had the smallest underseat storage, anything larger then a paperback book wasn’t fitting.  So I am still getting used to this huge one now.  I know the other guy on here with a like 150 does though.  Think he got the luggage rack from the dealer and a shad case.
2018 Kymco Like 150i

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 08:43:00 PM »
There is a proper Kymco top case for them.  My local dealer (Australia) has a white 150i on his show room floor with a factory fitted top case.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 01:55:18 AM »
There is a proper Kymco top case for them.  My local dealer (Australia) has a white 150i on his show room floor with a factory fitted top case.
Can we get a photo of it?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()