Author Topic: First service done!  (Read 1268 times)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
First service done!
« on: August 03, 2018, 10:26:39 PM »
Mj

Alright so finally hit 500 miles and since I get off work early decide to do my first oil/gear oil change on the Like 150i today.  So now I can finally take it up to 3/4 throttle for next 500 miles. Almost took the full quart of oil.  Had to tighten my exhaust bolts, only thing that was loose.  Couple pics of the dash and my girlfriends Vespa and my Like.  Still loving this thing!  .  Now to wash the odd annoying stench of hypoid gear oil off my hand......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
Re: First service done!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 01:09:51 AM »
Nice!  Changing the oil on these things is sooooo easy.  Bike looks great!  You are riding it way more than we are, only at ~310 miles so far..

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 02:10:22 AM »
Nice!  Changing the oil on these things is sooooo easy.  Bike looks great!  You are riding it way more than we are, only at ~310 miles so far..
Thanks!  Yeah doing a scooter rally this weekend (Land of 10k scooter rally) and wanted to make sure I at least was through the first part of break in.  Excited.  Question for you....so mine was nice and quite when I first started out but seems to have gotten louder.  I did check the exhaust header bolts and they were a little loose so kind of tightened them (have no idea what torque spec is) and was hoping that was it, but made it a hair quieter.  Has yours become louder?  (Maybe it’s Normal break in or maybe I just have an exhaust leak or rattle from being loose or maybe I am
Just being paranoid). It’s almost like a slight rattle sound....

2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:42:14 AM »
EASY it goes on those header fasteners. It does not take much to strip the stud in there! Would trust only the best & recently calibrated torque wrench on those --' otherwise...it is just snug for what? a 10mm /12mm nut? On a LIKE200i that stud is pretty slim. And has been stripped with a torque wrench.
Noisier now?......please post an audio for your fellow 150i owners to comment for your peace of mind? Or swing by your dealer and let them hear it on the center stand.
I know the CVT gets less quiet as it gets some time on it. Rollers banging around, belt slapping a bit, etc.
Stg
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:45:58 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
First service done!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 02:47:01 AM »
EASY it goes on those header fasteners. It does not take much to strip the stud in there! Would trust only the best & recently calibrated torque wrench on those --' otherwise...it is just snug for what? a 10mm /12mm nut? On a LIKE200i that stud is pretty slim.
Noisier now?......please post an audio for your fellow 150i owners to comment for your peace of mind? Or swing by your dealer and let them hear on the center stand.
I know the CVT gets less quiet as it gets some time on it. Rollers banging around, etc.
Stg
Oh ok.  Yeah I didn’t tighten them anymore then I do a spark plug, really didn’t want to snap them off.  12mm.  I will take an audio tomorrow, but you know what now that I think of it it’s only when I am moving so the cvt thing makes sense.  But it also sounds like something is vibrating under the seat sometimes and it’s intermittent.  Hmmm how to make an audio while on the go...not sure I can figure that out. Maybe I will have the girlfriend ride it real slow as I walk behind
Thanks Stig

2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 03:21:10 AM »
Thanks!  Yeah doing a scooter rally this weekend (Land of 10k scooter rally) and wanted to make sure I at least was through the first part of break in.  Excited.  Question for you....so mine was nice and quite when I first started out but seems to have gotten louder.  I did check the exhaust header bolts and they were a little loose so kind of tightened them (have no idea what torque spec is) and was hoping that was it, but made it a hair quieter.  Has yours become louder?  (Maybe it’s Normal break in or maybe I just have an exhaust leak or rattle from being loose or maybe I am
Just being paranoid). It’s almost like a slight rattle sound....

Hmm, no rattle sound on our's that I have heard yet. I can record audio tomorrow as well of it at idle.

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 08:26:15 PM »
Here is a quick video of the sounds of startup and idle of our 150i:

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 09:15:57 PM »
Here is a quick video of the sounds of startup and idle of our 150i:

Thanks so much man.  You alleviated my worries.  My other one I forgot to mention was how long the fuel pump cycles on start up (forgot to mention yesterday).  My girlfriend said one day is your fuel injection ump supposed to sound like that?  And I
Showed her Vespa doing it but it only does it a third of the amount of time as our Likes, but obviously it’s normal for them.  And yours idles the same.  Will post mine when I get home later.

Thanks again!
2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 09:27:56 PM »
Thanks so much man.  You alleviated my worries.  My other one I forgot to mention was how long the fuel pump cycles on start up (forgot to mention yesterday).  My girlfriend said one day is your fuel injection ump supposed to sound like that?  And I
Showed her Vespa doing it but it only does it a third of the amount of time as our Likes, but obviously it’s normal for them.  And yours idles the same.  Will post mine when I get home later.

Thanks again!

Yeah no problem at all, so do you hear a rattle on my video?  I don't hear one, but maybe my definition of rattle is different than yours!  And yes the fuel pump runs forever...Engine will start with it still running, not quite sure if that is bad on the engine or not to start it during that time?

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »
Yeah no problem at all, so do you hear a rattle on my video?  I don't hear one, but maybe my definition of rattle is different than yours!  And yes the fuel pump runs forever...Engine will start with it still running, not quite sure if that is bad on the engine or not to start it during that time?
I should of clarified yesterday idle is louder then new (which you clarified as normal) and the rattle/buzzing occurs while moving...coming from exhaust area/under seat some where’s.  Does yours do that?  Kind of intermittent.

2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
I should of clarified yesterday idle is louder then new (which you clarified as normal) and the rattle/buzzing occurs while moving...coming from exhaust area/under seat some where’s.  Does yours do that?  Kind of intermittent.

No rattling/buzzing while moving on mine that I can detect.... :-\

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 01:50:25 AM »
Oh ok.  Now I took it for a ride and tried to replicate for a quick video clip and no dice.  Will just have to be ready next time it does it.  Unless me tightening the exhaust header bolts was the cure

2018 Kymco Like 150i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()