Author Topic: 2018 like 150i ABS top case  (Read 3247 times)

Scottcraig17

• View Profile
2018 like 150i ABS top case
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »
Hey people!

New member here. Just purchased a new 2018 Kymco Like 150i ABS.

Loving the little thing! Absolutely awesome!

Looking to see if anyone has any info on a top case? 

Dealer had no info on anything and can’t find anything online. Just wondered if there are any mounts out there that would fit it?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Re: 2018 like 150i ABS top case
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 07:54:56 PM »
I know someone on here got the rack from the dealer and got a Givi case, while another ordered the rack from Amazon France or something. 
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:09:34 PM »
gv-sr6109   Part number for rear rack
2018 Kymco Like 150i

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:13:04 PM »
I know someone on here got the rack from the dealer and got a Givi case, while another ordered the rack from Amazon France or something.

Yeah my dealer sold me the rack on my bike.  Here is the advice I posted in the other thread:

The rack my dealer ordered and installed from Kymco.  I do not have a part # handy, it was not written on the sales invoice. You could try contacting my dealer:

www.sargentsmotorsports.com

To see if they could order you the rack themselves, or if they have the part # handy. The box on top of the rack is just a Shad SH-33 which is commonly available.

The other source to try would be Kymco Parts Monster (http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/p/Kymco-Parts) .  They don't have Like 150i parts yet on their website, but I called them the other day and they are able to order/find parts with you on the phone with them.

Hope this helps. The other Like 150i owner who order the part from Amazon France mentioned they ordered part #: gv-sr6109 , not sure if that is correct or not, but Google seems to show the exact same rack I have, so I bet it is correct. I'd contact Kymco Parts Monster with that part # and see if they can order it for you.

Good luck!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 10:04:58 PM »
Yeah my dealer sold me the rack on my bike.  Here is the advice I posted in the other thread:

The rack my dealer ordered and installed from Kymco.  I do not have a part # handy, it was not written on the sales invoice. You could try contacting my dealer:

www.sargentsmotorsports.com

To see if they could order you the rack themselves, or if they have the part # handy. The box on top of the rack is just a Shad SH-33 which is commonly available.

The other source to try would be Kymco Parts Monster (http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/p/Kymco-Parts) .  They don't have Like 150i parts yet on their website, but I called them the other day and they are able to order/find parts with you on the phone with them.

Hope this helps. The other Like 150i owner who order the part from Amazon France mentioned they ordered part #: gv-sr6109 , not sure if that is correct or not, but Google seems to show the exact same rack I have, so I bet it is correct. I'd contact Kymco Parts Monster with that part # and see if they can order it for you.

Good luck!
You know, THAT is pretty darn good work for a dealer to track down one of these rare & desirable racks!
Well done them!
That white Shad looked really good on the white 150i!
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

pdx150i

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 01:12:23 AM »
You know, THAT is pretty darn good work for a dealer to track down one of these rare & desirable racks!
Well done them!
That white Shad looked really good on the white 150i!
Stig

Sargent's really knows their stuff and we had an excellent experience there.  They seemed to indicate that getting Like 150i's for them was fairly easy, so for those out of state or somewhere else it might be worth it to give them a call.  They even delivered it right to our house for us, A+!

jmcdo13

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 09:16:46 PM »
I just received on that I found on amazon. Have not put it on yet, but seems to be the right thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0785Y39FT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 10:19:06 PM »
I just received on that I found on amazon. Have not put it on yet, but seems to be the right thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0785Y39FT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Geez! $100 just for the rack and shipping!!
Somebody in the USA must have access to one.
Long distance calls on my cell are free...I'd call a bunch of USA dealers first.
Moxie scooters in Texas worked well for me and my Kymco accessories.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 05:28:09 PM »
I put a GIVI E370NA top case on mine.  It's 39 liters.  I had to wait for the mounting kit.  I couldn't find any other options for a mounting kit.  Shad didn't offer one and Kymco has NO accessories for this scooter yet.

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »
That white scoot is a dead tie with the red one for best looks!!
And the coloring of that case makes a great combination back there.
Hunking big case - talk about increasing your "rear presence"!

Will we be getting light in there?

Thanks for the info - and for the really nice close-ups of that pretty scooter.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 07:15:47 PM »
I found a 27" X 13" top box on ebay for $50, shipping included. I cut a 3/4" piece of plywood to match the mounting bracket that comes with the box and fastened it to the rear carrier with four bolts, countersunk. You don't have to drill through the aluminum rear carrier if you use wide brackets that grip the underside of the carrier. I then bolted the mounting bracket to the plywood. I have one of these boxes on each of my two Grandvistas and my Downtown. I did the same on my Yamaha Vino but used a much smaller box, which cost $30 and bolted it directly to the carrier so it's permanently afixed to the scooter.The boxes on the GV and DT can be easily taken off by unscrewing the knob supplied with the box and this is much easier to do than with the GIVI boxes, which I hate for their complicated latching and heaviness.
2009 GV 250

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 07:10:58 AM »
I put a GIVI E370NA top case on mine.  It's 39 liters.  I had to wait for the mounting kit.  I couldn't find any other options for a mounting kit.  Shad didn't offer one and Kymco has NO accessories for this scooter yet.

I installed one of those boxes on my previous bike (Honda NC700) and installed a light kit plus honeycomb reflecting tape right next to the light strips as well. The honeycomb tape gave a “glowing” effect even in daylight, and made the bike more visable.

If you are thinking of making the scooter more visable, I can really recommend installing honeycomb reflecting tape at the inside of the red “light” screens as well.

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

josmty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2022, 06:21:34 PM »

Hi!  Where u found the rear rack mount? I just ordered an SHAD top case but having trouble to find the correct rack mount for my Kymco Like 150i.  Thanks!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2022, 09:35:31 PM »
That big Vespa dealer in SanDiego CA might stock something that will work....if they don't hang up on you when say the word Kymco.
Stig
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:00:29 AM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

scooter freak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2022, 01:03:25 AM »
Love the looks. got a white Kymco like 200 myself. mine came stock with a very cheap version from the factory. it's actually held up good and will fit a helmet. good luck on the 150. I hear they are great. welcome to the addiction of the scooter world.
as the Hotel California song goes, you can check out any time you want but you can never leave. lol

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()