Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 1311 times)

Hardly Davidson

• Yippee Kyyay...
    • View Profile
Hello!!
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »
OMG so much to say... OK first, hello! I've just got back into biking after way to many years and am the proud owner of a Kymco Zing 125. I don't know if it is a series 1 or 2 yet as tbh before last week I had not even heard of Kymco motorcycles  ;D
I have a zillion questions and will probably bore you all to tears, but for the moment, I've managed to get a pdf of the owners handbook for my bike, but have not yet found a workshop manual... Any ideas welcome! Anyone want a copy of the owners handbook, drop me a line!   :)

Hardly

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:40:22 PM »
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!.... personally i know nothing about those scoots but their is loads of valuble info running about...im more than certain that somebody here can help you...(has been a slow summer tho,lmao)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 12:52:46 PM »
..I've searched all over for the shop manual...

..can't find one....  :-\

..Welcome to th' Forum! Hardly Davidson!!!

..like the hell outta your name!!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:48:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum and to scoot'n.  Rode bikes many years and and now have a Kymco scooter that gets a lot more use than the big bike.  Just too much fun...
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 03:24:33 AM »
Ditto what Winginman said.   ;D  Welcome, Hardley! !

scorpion_uk24

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:14:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum Hardly Davidson. I'm kind of new myself but its a great forum the people on here are very helpful too. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Hardly Davidson

• Yippee Kyyay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 11:26:15 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys! I realise that a lot of you may be more scooter than bike orientated, which is no big deal to me, as long as it has two wheels and an engine, I'll give em a nod  ;D The name came from when I fist looked her over and said 'well she's hardly a Harley is she?'  ::)

Well I made my first 'work run' on her yesterday and I must admit I'm impressed. Having ridden all sorts from MZ's to Honda's, I must admit I did not know what to expect. I've read elseware that they do not pull well, but let me tell you I'm no lightweight and I found no difficulty climbing hills in 4th! The ride is interesting... being my first custom, I think it will take a while until I'm confident enough to hack into the corners the way I used to and even then carefully as I feel a lot closer to the road now! There is the issue of neutral and finding it! There is a perfect one, unfortunately its between 4th and 5th LMAO! and the the one between 1st and 2nd takes some finding.

The upshot is that she was way cheaper than the 'big four' and I think it will take surgery to remove the smile from my face especially when I zip between the speed bumps that surround us everywhere!

Now...custom parts catalogue... what can I do to pretty her...

Laterz
Hardley

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 04:59:09 PM »
A Liverpudlian I see.  Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new scoot!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 02:32:25 AM »
The upshot is that she was way cheaper than the 'big four'

..soon to be included in the "Big 5"...

;D

..ride on brother!!!

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()