Author Topic: Crank bearings?????  (Read 6856 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: Crank bearings?????
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »
  Ah! I see  :D  I think its a matter of fitting your crank. The ball bearings are engineered for the lode and the race is tailered to fit your case and shaft. That outer does look a bit beefy but the inner looks to be standard.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:05 PM »
Yeah, tried two bearing places, no good. Tried thd local bike shop, screw up their faces at chinese, even though they have a ZX50 in for sale. I have spoken to GC Motorcycles in Adelaide and he thinks the bearings are about $30 each and the seals $15. Crank, about $300. I will go the ebay route.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 02:16:30 AM »
 Ya thats to bad. I've had alot of luck with some of the old honda stuff,but there are those oem only out there. That might be why yours looks a little odd  :D .Maybe check the dio spec's should be cheaper if they fit.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 04:12:39 AM »
Nope, local shop dont want to know about it.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 04:15:59 AM »
Send Mrs Sid in for parts next time maybe?  ;D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »
Delayed replies, my forte. I won't bother sending mrs. Sid in, I am losing faith in them more and more, each time I go in there.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 04:17:18 PM »
Yeah, I understand, sid. It's a shame, though. I hate it when it looks like what you need is right there so close and it's not accessible.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:22:55 PM by Rianna »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »
that is just the problem with these scoots Rianna, nothing is close, everything is a half a world away. With the fuel tap I got lucky, so far everything else is a long wait. The carb insulator took ten months and 3 dealers to get. We only have one bike shop in town, they sell Yamaha and KTM and apparently they are trying to get a Harley franchise, I think that speaks volumes.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Ten months! Yikes!!! We gotta find you someone over here to get your parts and ship them to you so you will get them faster because that's so long to wait. If my income wasn't so low at the moment and I lived in a bigger city I would gladly do it for you when you needed something. Sometimes I have a hard time here finding things even though I'm in the U.S. I think it's because of where I live. One day I'm going to either move to a big city where some things are easier or I'm going to say the heck with it and the heck with all this cold weather and go live on a beach in sunny Florida. lol.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:25:31 PM by Rianna »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 10:47:01 PM »
It is just a matter of interest, or a lack of.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 07:34:31 PM »
yeah, i think about sid every time i go into a shop around here.. even the sh** shops have the carb insulater for like 3.95...never noticed some things till i signed up here,... and we think we have it bad here with waiting a week. ::)   unfortunately the states is heading that direction more everyday.  >:( >:( :-\ ... :-X......
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

lankeeyankee

• I have an attitude problem with stupidity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 10:49:33 PM »
I am actually at this part of my engine build of selecting crankshaft bearings.
Here is some info you may use.
Most bearings in scooters are cheap. NYN is a qaulity Japanese bearing which are used in the top end engines such as Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki.
Cheaper bearings are CJB which may be used by Kymco if there engines are being built in China by 6 yr olds.
When searching for crank bearings the size goes like this. Example
The bearings I will be using are. 58MMX22MMX15MM  58mm = outter diameter, 22MM = inner bore, and 15MM is the width. Take measurements and enter it into google and you will find bearings. The style used on cranks are deep groove.
If you are looking for the BEST type bearings, get Ceramic Hybrid bearings. These are the best you can do for a crank and have many benefits over standards roller bearings. Be ready to dig in your pocket I just got a price of 95.00 a piece for ceramic bearings.
Timken makes great bearing such as SKS. But if your wanting to go with a good qaulity I would select NYN

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 10:51:36 PM »
Yeah, tried two bearing places, no good. Tried thd local bike shop, screw up their faces at chinese, even though they have a ZX50 in for sale. I have spoken to GC Motorcycles in Adelaide and he thinks the bearings are about $30 each and the seals $15. Crank, about $300. I will go the ebay route.

300.00 for a crank?? LMAO!!! LMAO !! I hope its forged, balanced, and stroked!! A stock crank should sell for 125.00

lankeeyankee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »
One more thing. Most likely you wiped your crank out by the bearing that went bad. Check the crankshft for scoring, heat marks, and put a set of calipers to see how true it is. But I would bet you wiped the crank where the bearing sits.

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 02:56:35 AM »
300.00 for a crank?? LMAO!!! LMAO !! I hope its forged, balanced, and stroked!! A stock crank should sell for 125.00

Agreed!  If you really need a crank, I've got a brand new Italjet crank that I'll let go of for $80.  $300?  Good grief.  Drugs are involved here.  It's the only logical (well, somewhat) explanation.

Even many of the racing crankshafts don't cost that much. 

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()