Author Topic: Question about performance exhaust and Fuel Injection  (Read 653 times)

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Question about performance exhaust and Fuel Injection
« on: August 12, 2018, 08:44:58 PM »
So am curious if anyone has upgraded the exhaust on their fuel injected Like 200i?  I know I have the 150i which would probably be the same exhaust or at least similar anyways.  But curious if one does upgrade do you have to tune the ecu or does it adapt with oxygen sensor and all that automatically?  Cause I know on a carb bike you have to upjet for a different exhaust.  I am sure nothing is out for the new Like 150i yet, not even sure if anyone made one for the Like 200i even or if it just takes a gy6 one. Not so much expecting a wild increase in horsepower or anything nor do I want it to be all loud and obnoxious (even though the saying is loud pipes save lives.). Just more of an Aesthetic thing, but a slight improvement in performance would be a plus I suppose.  Or maybe it’s just not worth the hassle.
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Question about performance exhaust and Fuel Injection
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 12:02:31 AM »
Just my opinion. ....
"Upgrading. & Performance exhausts" for 4 stroke scooters.😊
You can buy loud pipes (so the people behind you can hear you leaving ....because that is where your tail pipe is aimed) and save a bit of weight. That little bit of weight loss should lead to the only 'performance ' gain you should expect.
If you get the really loud generic pipes (good luck cobbling them to your scooter) - you can also annoy the cars along side you in traffic...not just those behind you.
Annoying the people in large machines sharing the road with you makes for exciting rides.

Or you could spend your money on a better helmet.

Stig
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 12:28:47 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 12:44:18 AM »
People also think that Kymco accidentally  inserted a rubber part into the air intake tube, which is retricting the air flow in the tube to the air filter box. 
To get more _______ (your choice, "noise", "power", "speed", "mpg's") just pull out that restricter.
IMHO, lads at Kymco might have put it there to increase the velocity or pressure of the air stream. So I spend my time checking the tire pressures.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Question about performance exhaust and Fuel Injection
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 02:38:13 AM »
People also think that Kymco accidentally  inserted a rubber part into the air intake tube, which is retricting the air flow in the tube to the air filter box. 
To get more _______ (your choice, "noise", "power", "speed", "mpg's") just pull out that restricter.
IMHO, lads at Kymco might have put it there to increase the velocity or pressure of the air stream. So I spend my time checking the tire pressures.
Stig
Oh ok.  Kind of figured that.  Just really looking for an exhaust that looks better.  Not really interested in a louder exhaust note, or performance increase.  Just was hoping to get one that matched the appearance of the bike better.  But assumed that no specialty company made one specifically for one as not too many
People are trying to hop up the Kymco Like.  Maybe I could find a slip on kind, but don’t want to mess with the tune of the ecu, but maybe an easier better solution would be to powder coat my current exhaust (oh wait maybe ceramic coating since the heat issue, or maybe just good ol vht or bbq paint) a better color as I was planning on doing the cvt cover and a few other bits this winter. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 04:54:03 AM by Snoopzilla »
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 11:09:11 AM »
Sure. My Piaggio came in an "S" version and a reg. version
 I liked the chrome mirrors and silver/grey heat shield of the reg. model so I  painted the muffler heat shield and bought the chrome mirrors for my "S".
Stig
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:10:55 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 04:17:46 PM »
This is the only aftermarket exhaust I have seen that is said to be engineered for the Like 200i. It is made by GPR in Italy and has a port for the O2 sensor included.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 04:48:01 PM »
This is the only aftermarket exhaust I have seen that is said to be engineered for the Like 200i. It is made by GPR in Italy and has a port for the O2 sensor included.
Now that’s a good looking exhaust.  Might have to inquire if they have one for the 150i coming
2018 Kymco Like 150i

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »
They sell on E-bay and at there own website. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 09:12:17 PM »
Thanks big!
Probably some new owners will look into one of these.
The Italians make some cool stuff for the LIKE. (although vespbretta says the chroming quality is suspect sometimes)
That pipe is probably lighter than the stock version.  Dropped the exhaust one time from its mount, broke my camera that I was using for DIYing post! Heavy.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 11:06:47 PM »
I sent them an email inquiry, will report back what they respond with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()