Author Topic: CDI for new Agility City 16+ 50i  (Read 2381 times)

Gwhizz

• View Profile
CDI for new Agility City 16+ 50i
« on: August 16, 2018, 06:54:00 AM »
Hi all,
New to the forum, hoping someone can help.  ;)
I've got a new Agility City 16+ 50i, 2018 model and I can't find any info about it on the internet anywhere. Plus, no technical images/info in the manual.
My problem? It's slow as hell!  :( Has anyone else got one, and had experience with getting it to go a bit faster – perhaps by replacing the CDI?
Thanks,
/GWHIZZ

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Re: CDI for new Agility City 16+ 50i
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »
I think there's another post somewhere on the forum with quite a bit of detail about somebody who's having similar problems. If I can find it i'll get the link.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 11:01:47 AM »
Have you had a talk with your dealer about this?
Most likely it is running fine.....as built.
Your dealer should have some ideas on getting more speed from this scooter.
BTW - when looking at this scooter before the purchase, what did they tell you about its performance?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
A 50cc 4 stroke scoot is NEVER going to have the grunt of a 2 stroke one.  Better gas mileage and longevity as well a cleaner operation is the reason that these now exist. Find out if the variator is restricted it could be capable of a little more speed if the restriction is removed.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

KymcoBDA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 10:44:17 PM »
Hi all,
New to the forum, hoping someone can help.  ;)
I've got a new Agility City 16+ 50i, 2018 model and I can't find any info about it on the internet anywhere. Plus, no technical images/info in the manual.
My problem? It's slow as hell!  :( Has anyone else got one, and had experience with getting it to go a bit faster – perhaps by replacing the CDI?
Thanks,
/GWHIZZ
There should be a purple wire with a pink tracer that loops at the CDI. Cut it to derestrict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »
Have you had a talk with your dealer about this?
Most likely it is running fine.....as built.
Your dealer should have some ideas on getting more speed from this scooter.
BTW - when looking at this scooter before the purchase, what did they tell you about its performance?

Stig

They spoke mostly about its reliability (especially when starting) and for me that was a key point as I use the bike for commuting into the city. HOWEVER, I did expect more performance.

I test-rode the older Agility City model before purchase (they didn't have a test-ride model on the floor for the 16+) and this got speeds up to 55kph. Granted, this could've been a "super-tuned" model from the dealer – BUT when I drove my 16+ home for the first time I was reaching about 53kph downhill. After about 300km it started slowing dramatically, barely doing 45kph. I took it in for the first "tightening" service at 500km and mentioned the problem. They said afterwards everything looked fine, and the bike did pick up some speed, but has never exceeded 50kph since.

Point it, the bike IS DEFINITELY capable of more speed! So what could be causing this fluctuation in performance over time? I'm tempted to go back to the dealer, but I know I'll just get the stock response: "it's a 45kph EU moped, so if it goes faster without being tuned then lucky you!"

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 11:13:05 AM »
There should be a purple wire with a pink tracer that loops at the CDI. Cut it to derestrict.

Thanks, KYMCOBDA. But where is the CDI on this bike?? I haven't managed to locate it…

KymcoBDA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »
Thanks, KYMCOBDA. But where is the CDI on this bike?? I haven't managed to locate it…
It should be right next to the battery, under the seat.

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 08:14:50 AM »
It should be right next to the battery, under the seat.

The attached pic shows the battery compartment. No CDI to be seen! But there are a bunch of loose wires there – not connected to anything! Any idea what these could be for??

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
UPDATE for anyone following this topic!! Performance on the bike has continued to drop, so that it now won't even get to 45kph unless going downhill for an extended period of time. I have been in contact with the Kymco importer here in Sweden and they have acknowledged that there is a problem and I'm not the first to experience it with this model. They are contacting Kymco for a solution. Holding thumbs it'll be resolved quickly!

tony-iow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »
cdi behind battery .you need to remove battery box as its fix to back of box...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 06:40:14 PM »
That three conductor black plug is for the Kymco analyzer tool on all the EFI engines. Is your 50 cc fuel injected? Do NOT go cutting any wires until you get it established what that black plug is for!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Gwhizz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 04:00:08 PM »
That three conductor black plug is for the Kymco analyzer tool on all the EFI engines. Is your 50 cc fuel injected? Do NOT go cutting any wires until you get it established what that black plug is for!
Hi Karl, yes it's fuel injected. I'm starting to think it was a big mistake going that route! But don't worry, I'm not going to try and do any modifications myself. My engine performance has continued to drop, to the point that the bike barely does 45kph going downhill. Kymco are aware there is an issue with this model, so it's their problem to sort out now. It's just €&%#!% annoying!  >:(

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 05:57:35 PM »
EFI should be a huge improvement over the traditional carb especially for starting. The Agility 50 was notorious for lousy cold weather starts! Sounds like your dealer has a problem to solve for you. Let us know how that goes, please.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

bullpen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2021, 07:48:48 AM »
BUMP!

Hi Gwhizz. I'm experiencing the same problem (with a 2020 fuel injected Super 8), its going slower and slower and now barely makes 45km/h unless good dowhill. Read that you where in contact with the importer in Sweden (i'm also located in Sweden), did you get any answers or solution to your problem?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()