Author Topic: Hello from SW USA  (Read 1423 times)

Draco

• View Profile
Hello from SW USA
« on: August 26, 2018, 07:34:33 PM »
New member here,  I'm an old retired guy.  I've had many, many motorcycles -- I have 8 motorcycles right now.  Just agreed to purchase a very low mileage 2016 Like 200i, which I will pick up tomorrow.  This will be my first scooter.
2015 Like 200i

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
Re: Hello from SW USA
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 07:37:31 PM »
New member here,  I'm an old retired guy.  I've had many, many motorcycles -- I have 8 motorcycles right now.  Just agreed to purchase a very low mileage 2016 Like 200i, which I will pick up tomorrow.  This will be my first scooter.
Congrats!  Great scooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 07:40:18 PM »
Congrats!  Great scooter

Thanks.  I sat on it and I seem to fit pretty good.  I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs.  I hope it can drag me around.   ;)
2015 Like 200i

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 08:11:46 PM »
Good scoot, it won't be a problem.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 08:13:47 PM »
Good scoot, it won't be a problem.
I don't intend to take it on the interstate but I'm hoping it can haul me around on the back roads at 40-50 MPH -- that will be sufficient for me.   :)
2015 Like 200i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 08:53:19 PM »
I don't intend to take it on the interstate but I'm hoping it can haul me around on the back roads at 40-50 MPH -- that will be sufficient for me.   :)

Welcome !

It'll pull a couch at those speeds....in case you need seating when you get there.
Take it easy on that 'clutch' lever - this thing has superb brakes - it'll lock up the rear if you bottom that clutch lever!

Stig
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:57:09 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 09:04:32 PM »
Welcome !

It'll pull a couch at those speeds....in case you need seating when you get there.
Take it easy on that 'clutch' lever - this thing has superb brakes - it'll lock up the rear if you bottom that clutch lever!

Stig
Yes, after 40+ years of riding motorcycles it may take me a while to get used to the "clutch" lever being the rear brake.  Sort of like driving a manual transmission car all my life then going to an automatic transmission -- and then slamming on the brake thinking I'm dis-engaging the clutch.   :o
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:18:34 PM by Draco »
2015 Like 200i

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 11:22:10 PM »
Nice.  Should handle that like a breeze. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Kymco Like 150i

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 11:35:58 PM »
Nice.  Should handle that like a breeze. 
I will have my first ride tomorrow afternoon or the following morning.  I will let everyone know my first impressions.

BTW, it's red, not my favorite color . . .
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:43:21 PM by Draco »
2015 Like 200i

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 02:27:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, you should easily go over 50. My first bike was 170 cc and I got her up to 68 mph. Scooters are like the Swiss Army knife of the 2-wheeled world making them great for all sorts of task, errands, and just having fun on the road.

- Wolf

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 02:29:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, you should easily go over 50. My first bike was 170 cc and I got her up to 68 mph. Scooters are like the Swiss Army knife of the 2-wheeled world making them great for all sorts of task, errands, and just having fun on the road.

- Wolf
Thanks!   :)
2015 Like 200i

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
welcome Draco
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 12:02:26 PM »
Hope you like your new scooter.
You will fit in here. Bunch of old farts here. This board is full of likable people and i`m the most likable of all.  ;)
Many here have ridden motorcycles all their lives but have discovered "modern motor scooters" and love them.
Ride safe, boo.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 01:50:55 PM »
Morning Draco.....
Congrats on the purchase and I guess you are gone now to pick it up.
I've also been riding a few years (just over 50). Gold Wings (7) to mini bikes. I think 7 or 8 were scooters.
In all those years, I had never had a problem confusing the brake on the scooter with the clutch on a motorcycle....until....
2 days ago, I finished the break in of my new Kymco Xciting 400i. While making a left turn uphill, I got on it a bit more than usual and tried to upshift.
I had a silly grin on my face for about 5 minutes. Nothing happened otherwise.

Be careful, scooters are addictive when you get the right one that puts that silly scooter grin on your face. And it don't wash off!!!!!

Expecting pics when you get a chance!!!

I was wondering if you were a McClintock fan when I saw your user name, then I realized the spelling was different (Draco vs Drago - Chill Wills)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 01:58:29 PM by Clampett »

Draco

• View Profile
Re: welcome Draco
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 11:15:38 PM »
Hope you like your new scooter.
You will fit in here. Bunch of old farts here. This board is full of likable people and i`m the most likable of all.  ;)
Many here have ridden motorcycles all their lives but have discovered "modern motor scooters" and love them.
Ride safe, boo.
Thanks for the welcome!   :)
2015 Like 200i

Draco

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 11:21:52 PM »
Be careful, scooters are addictive when you get the right one that puts that silly scooter grin on your face. And it don't wash off!!!!!

Expecting pics when you get a chance!!!

I was wondering if you were a McClintock fan when I saw your user name, then I realized the spelling was different (Draco vs Drago - Chill Wills)
I enjoyed the movie McClintock when I was a kid -- haven't seen it in years.  (Draco is a constellation, a north circumpolar constellation.)

My first ride is tomorrow morning.  I got it home and did all the prelim stuff:  checked the oil, tire pressure, siphoned the gas and put in  fresh gas.  All I need to do is install a pigtail on the battery but that should be a snap since the battery is so easily accessed under the floor panel.
2015 Like 200i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()