Author Topic: Get respect in the dark...  (Read 306 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Get respect in the dark...
« on: September 01, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »
In the dark, I think drivers ahead of me think I'm a Harley Davidson coming at them.. So I seem to get that kind of respect in the dark. "Don't mess with that guy...or he'll call up his Club."
I mean, in this Ohio town - it's gotta be an HD. Darn few sport bikes on the roads.....and only one known scooter rider in the County, right?
I love it. Scooting in the wake of HD's reps!

Stig
'Course, when the sun comes - it's a whole different bucket of Monkeys.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:16:44 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
Re: Get respect in the dark...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 02:34:11 PM »
It's interesting you should say that...

Perception means a lot, I've noticed.

When I had Natasha, she was a (comparatively) little-bitty scooter compared to Diana. Once I traded, I noticed a distinct difference in how drivers around me looked at her. I get far more "two down" hand signs from other motorcyclists, and I have gotten more "Nice bike" comments from people since April than I got in the three years I had the PCX combined.

Bigger must have an effect on perception.
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 03:17:34 PM »
It's interesting you should say that...

Perception means a lot, I've noticed.

When I had Natasha, she was a (comparatively) little-bitty scooter compared to Diana. Once I traded, I noticed a distinct difference in how drivers around me looked at her. I get far more "two down" hand signs from other motorcyclists, and I have gotten more "Nice bike" comments from people since April than I got in the three years I had the PCX combined.

Bigger must have an effect on perception.

Ever since I’ve gotten my Like 150i, more people ask me about it then all the time I had my Lance Havana. Plus I am getting a lot more “two down” from motorcycles now.  Everyone thinks it’s a Vespa.  So yeah perception does play a part
2018 Kymco Like 150i

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »
You know it's amazing how I get the "two down" wave from many older  HD guys and touring bike riders but almost never from the sport bike crowd.  ::)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()