Author Topic: People 150 or Yager 200i???  (Read 3240 times)

neuviemefemme

• View Profile
People 150 or Yager 200i???
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:00:49 AM »
I spent 2 hours at Scooterville in Minneapolis looking for my first scooter. I'm hoping to get my permit and take the class as soon as this week, with I hope, my first bike. After great advice and information from David H., I have narrowed down my interest to two diff. scooters: Yager 200i or People 150. I could really use some responses regarding people's like or dislike or general experiences or knowledge (even rumor) of these two bikes. This is not everything, but some highlights of the + or - of these two for me are:

Yager: fuel injection, slightly more passenger room, would feel better about 2 lane highway use (when i'm ready for it - grow into) when get out of the city, don't need non ox fuel, i'm told it's easy but I woudn't have to be as careful and do as much for winterizing, if we don't get snow for a while in winter still performs better in cold, more storage, feel good sitting on it slightly more substantial scooter without it being "too big" or heavy, but it's not a "cute first scooter" (however I'm the type of girl that likes both power/tough girl (as much as scooter's go lol) and cute euro vintage - quite opposites ) I've been intrigued by real bikes, but I don't want all that power and SIZE. Too much machine for me... so this seems like a happy medium for commuting and enough power to make me giddy so I don't feel I sold myself short? I'm not stuck on the "image" of my bike - can see myself on both, is the extras of these going to make me happy that I will eventually care less that I don't have a "cute looking vintage scooter that could've performed as I would need it and hope"? The fact that this supposedly should live to 90K life seems like it is a more solid machine and I won't (who knows) grow out of it too fast or at all?

People: cute, looks smaller than yager so might be easier when it comes down to city street driving and parking (though tech still a bike so can't legally park with scooters) but size is both a + and - to me, i'm told it can hold up to 2 lane driving just out of town technically hwy legal, but how comfortable would I feel on it because of the size, styling, and slightly less power (?), would immediately need to get more storage...

I hear a lot a of great things about the People 150 and agree, if I end up with that, I won't feel like I got suckered. However, I think what it is coming down to is comfort of ride (*confidence* in what I need power-wise), storage, and most of all, trips from the inner city to the outer suburbs where roads are 45 at the end of freeways (won't take freeway in town, but when it ends busy traffic often goes 50 mph...) and even farther out to the edges of the cities where it's still busy but 2 lane highway going 60ish... Will I feel comfortable on the 150 for those weekly jaunts - the frame and I on the seat (not moving - in store) felt more "secure" or "comfortable" on the Yager. In the city limits, work, groceries, I feel I would be okay and definitely happy with the 150 (with the purchase of extra storage!), but I know that trips 40-60 miles out won't be out of the question and I want to feel comfortable with that decision and I don't know if I would feel comfortable on the 150???  Maybe the Yager is too much bike to start, but I also don't want to feel like, hey, I paid for all this... and I'm not really able to use it for... or... I'm growing out of this and should have just started with the Yager...

I did compare the Like to the Yager... but after weighing the two, decided the Yager was definitely worth the extra price difference... we talked so many scooters that I can't remember why (?) but all three of us (me, my guest helper and the "sales" person (who I don't think actually works there) David who writes the just scoot website stuff - which I have read up, down, and backwards! LOL).

Thanks again...

Please Thoughts?!?!

art

• View Profile
Re: People 150 or Yager 200i???
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:43:01 AM »
 If your planning more in town use and some light back roads and your first scoot the 150 is a great package. It has the handling of a 50cc and a bit more power but will fall a little short  in the 60mph ranges.
  Keep in mind either will need some time to break in before you reach those top speeds.
 I have not ridden the yeager but have heard nothing but good stuff. You will have some more horse power right off. If you have some expierience it may be a great fit. The weight will be noticed a bit more at first but will grow on you. If planning more out of the way places this would shine for you.
  Me personally I like the 16" tire scoots better. They handle well and seem to be less squirely when you need it most. But for 60+ mph may want a 250 or 300 Unless your into doing some mods  ;D Ha!
  You really can't go wrong. If ya can, ride them both. You can always add more storage,check out the givi line up(not cheap)but good quality.  Ps Welcome to the forume!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:49:53 AM by art »
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:48:31 AM »
welcome to the forum.....idk bout either really but the women here dig the ppls for the city driving(several pink ones in town).. i am liking the ppl tho from what i am learning..lmao...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:26:20 AM »
 Ha! just another thought alot of us are 50cc nuts and a 40+ mile one way trip is not a problem of corse the speed is,so lots of tuning   :D  Any way I picked up a people s200 a little while back and can say handles like a 50 and will get you going to speed quik. A little heavier for getting on the center stand but all bussiness once moving and has the 16" tires, I could suggest one of these to you,but 60 mph is about tops without some tuning, It will do this all day long though with little effort and pretty damn fast at it. Just what ya need another to research Ha! I do like the people line up best personaly  ;) Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:49:59 AM by art »

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 03:08:43 PM »
Art, your impressions of the S200, now that you have it all together again, are about the same as mine. Handles like a 50, plenty of Zoom up to and over 50 MPH.

IMHO it is absolutely not a highway bike. Aside from the top speed issue, it is just too light. I don't feel any sense of security at all on the highway.

But for commuting to work on local roads, it is great. Leaves all the cars in the dust and handles rough roads pretty well.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 06:51:56 PM »
 I've got alot of hours in offroad bikes so light and twitchy suits my riding style  ;D (May not be for every one) but deffinetly would not go cross country on something this light.
  Would like it to hit a stretch of freeway here and there. It's not all together yet parts are on a slow boat somewhere  :'(

neuviemefemme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »
Well.  It's official.  The Yager is resting in my garage waiting for day 2 of Motorcycle class.  Hoping to pass this afternoon?!  Have had a Scooter grin for days.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »
Yay!  What color?  Post some pictures?  Welcome! 

If you've not much riding experience, try to find a place to practice riding -- like a vacant parking lot where you won't have any danger or distractions.  Practice a lot.  You'll get a "feel" for it and that takes quite a bit of time.  A big help when taking the test or just riding in the real world. 

Happy scootin' and be safe!   

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
Have had a Scooter grin for days.

..AWESOME!!..

..you're in for some real fun now!!

..Welcome to th' Forum! and yeah!!..Post some pics!!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »
 Good choice,it's a kymco!  ;D

docjones

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 06:58:04 PM »
For what it is worth I think you made the right choice. Right now my girlfriend and I both have 09 agility 125s and are very happy with them. First scooters for both of us. I had already made up my mind my next would be a Yager 200i and after reading your post and the replies to it, I know it will be the right choice. Keep us upto date on your progress and your Yager. By the way we live in Florida so we get to ride a little more during the year than maybe you will. Keep that Kymco smile.
09 Agility 125

neuviemefemme

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19:17 PM »
I passed my test and went to the DMV for my endorsement.  Yeah.  Last night was my first "official" ride.  I took a sunset ride around the chain of lakes in Minneapolis along the parkway. Beautiful!  I love it!

It is the silver blue.  I'll see if I can't figure out how to get images on here.........

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 03:29:59 PM »
Congrats. welcome to a whole new world. Enjoy your scoot and stay safe.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »
..images can only be 192kb or less...

..you either have to reduce pixels or re-size ur pics to make them work....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()