Author Topic: People S 250 price?  (Read 1252 times)

scosgt

• View Profile
People S 250 price?
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:46:19 PM »
OK, lets see what everyone thinks.
I am looking at a 2007 S 250
It has 12K miles
The owner tells me it has the original tires, which probably means original belt, rollers and clutch as well. So I can see having to change all that stuff, and the tires I can not do myself, gotta pay a shop. May need the valve adjustment and radiator bleed as well.

He is asking $2300 but negotiable.

So what do you all think would be a fair price to offer, considering that I have to put some money in - for one thing, I will not ride a bike on 12K tires. That is just way too many miles. I want to ride, not die!

Anyway, input needed.

art

• View Profile
Re: People S 250 price?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »
  Price for miles a bit high,would have to be real clean and proof of service for me to bite(don't know how it was broke in). Tires are not hard to change with the proper irons. Clutch should be ok with a de glaze. I always change belt and rollers just to know where its at and you will have a spare belt just in case.
  I would like to see it under $2000  closer to $1500 because i'm a cheap basterd  ;D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »
I was thinking $1500 because I can not do the tires myself and I am also not sure about the service record. He mentioned something about oil change every 3K KM, in my mind that is not enough for a one cylinder engine. Of course I am anal and do it like every 600 miles, but then my local parts store was closing out Mobil One turbo Diesel 5W40 (suitable for 15W40 applications) for $2 a bottle, so what the heck!

But a S 250 that needs an engine is no bargain. I already figure it needs a transmission, but that one I can do myself.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:22:41 PM »
  Thats the problem and did he switch to a synthetic. 3k changes with modern oil is fair any more than that,it is breaking down.
  At $1500 even with a top end rebuild is'nt bad if the rest is clean!!!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »
It seems a little high.  My P250 (vintage styled) was purchased via Craigslist for $2,200 at 16,000 KM and had been dumped once so the plastics were damaged, this was in 2008.

As far as I could tell, it had factory rollers, belt, and tires.  I changed the rear at about 21,000 KM, The front at about 30k.  I have also run through 2 belts, 2 sets of front brakes, one set of rear brake pads, deglazed the clutch and changed to sliders from rollers. I had the rear tire changed in a  shop but I will take if off myself next time.  I took the front wheel to a local guy and he installed the online purchased tire.  Other than those two incidents, I have done all of my own work.  The date codes on all of the parts I took off were consistent with the factory date for the bike. Oh yeah... my muffler failed.

I don't know if you can go all the way to 1500 but it will depend on how motivated the seller is.

My costs for parts:
Front tire - $42 including shipping
Rear tire - $250 installed
CVT belt - $59 plus shipping
Brake Pads - (same front and rear) $25 per set, plus shipping
Sliders - Used $20 ebay
Muffler - $200, from Kymco dealer, I installed.
Muffler gasket - $4.00

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()