Author Topic: Scooter...or moped....??  (Read 5079 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Scooter...or moped....??
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 01:13:01 AM »
..i know...dang, ain't that crazy!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 01:33:19 AM »
VERY FKN CRAZY!!!!...(sounds like an ism to me, no matter how its looked at).... you ever see where he pays over 70% in taxes each pay....way crazy, thankfully its not here....... a lisence for a 50cc would kill me...lmao   (check other, got a ?)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 02:16:26 AM »
What a crack up :) :) :), Go Word, keep slingin'.
Yeah, we have to have a licence but at least it is not as bad as where Axy is. Mrs. sid has just got her bike licence. The first part is $328 for the first two half day courses, then $42 for the learner's permit. Ten months later it was $318 for the second test to obtain her licence. If under 50cc, can be covered by a car licence.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 02:21:37 AM »
...wow..sid..thats a lot of cash!!!

..however, it cost ME damned near $15,000 during my expiditions....just to get to the point of being able to...1..not be in jail...and 2..still be able to get to where i need to go on a regular basis...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 05:19:40 AM »
 ;D    ;D     ;D  That is some good stuff  Ha! I thought it was cool here in oregon to skate on the 50cc wow! I want to move! It does create a little nitch for me here  ;D colledge kids and all. Don't wan't to get endorsment and get some realitivly cheap transport(of corse i make them faster) But thats the way this country used to be  :'(
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »
EU (and quite similar Switzerland) definitions for  2-3 wheeler or light 4-wheeler (quad), Chapter I Article 1.2:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32002L0024:EN:HTML

For (nearly, exceptions 1.1) every motor/engine/... powered vehicle you need a driving license, passing theoretical/practical lessons/tests. And insurance, of course.
But these regulations are by far too complex for a single link.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 09:23:26 AM »
VERY FKN CRAZY!!!!...(sounds like an ism to me, no matter how its looked at).... you ever see where he pays over 70% in taxes each pay....way crazy, thankfully its not here....... a lisence for a 50cc would kill me...lmao   (check other, got a ?)

We were talking about it on another thread, it is a trade-off.

Remember that social insurance, all health services, education up to master`s degree etc. are for free here.

Driving school is very expensive throughout Europe.

It is interesting to get to know other cultures. For example, a number of things in everyday life in USA are completely different than in Europe, and it is always fun to see how people in USA are amazed about that fact. People that live in smaller countries that have borders with a lot of other countries are usually more exposed to external influences and for us it is easier to accept there are different realities, even if they are completely opposed.

Let me give you an example. In USA when you are pulled over by a cop it is very "formal" event, you cannot get out of the car unless told so and it is good if you keep your hands on the steering all the time, right? In Europe, you can normally speak to the cop as if it was your peer, just another person. Of course, it is still formal thing, but there is no problem to lean over to the passenger side, or get the drivers license from the glove compartment without announcing your intention. The cops in Europe do not approach you with their arm on the weapon in the holster.

You see, it is all about customs that are different throughout the world.

To get back to the topic, yes, getting the license here is very expensive but that is in fact, batman, consequence of the free market.
It is not the government that is asking for this money, but the driving school. You have to pay for usage of the car, for the instructor, etc. The exam is paid to the auto club certified examiner.
You pay pretty much close to nothing to the state.

Also, one more thing, if your license is revoked for DUI, you are not allowed to drive any other vehicle category.

Finally, if you have a full license for a motorcycle or a car, you can drive moped, scooter or motorcycle up to 55 cc/<50 km/h without additional license, 50 cc quads.

Also, if you have a car driving license, you can drive a tractor and all other agricultural things that are powered by internal combustion engines.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:30:40 AM by axy »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 09:29:17 AM »
EU (and quite similar Switzerland) definitions for  2-3 wheeler or light 4-wheeler (quad), Chapter I Article 1:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32002L0024:EN:HTML

For every motor/engine/... powered vehicle you need a driving license, passing theoretical/practical lessons/tests. And insurance, of course.
But these regulations are by far too complex for a single link.

Everything needs to be insured here too, except a bicycle.
You can have up to -50 % bonus on insurance (-10 % first year if you do not have accident and then -5 % every year until and if you reach -50 %).

Here are some real numbers:

1. 50 cc scoot, full insurance around 60 EUR, technical inspection/registration/road tax 35 EUR, eco tax a few EUR. No yearly property tax.

2. 250 cc scoot/quad/bike5, full insurance around 100 EUR, technical inspection/registration/road tax 60 EUR, eco tax 20 EUR. 20 EUR yearly property tax.

3. 600 cc bike, full insurance 300 EUR, technical inspection/registration/road tax 70 EUR, eco tax 30 EUR. 70 EUR yearly property tax.

4. 110 hp car, obligatory insurance 500 EUR, full 100 % coverage insurance 400 EUR, technical inspection/registration/road tax 150 EUR, eco tax 30 EUR. 100 EUR yearly property tax.

The good thing for rich people: insurance and registration is the same above certain cut off point of engine power, so you pay the same for 250 hp Mercedes worth 60.000 EUR and 1000 hp Bugatti Veyron. :)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 09:31:42 AM »
The cops in Europe do not approach you with their arm on the weapon in the holster.
But at least one securing German cop should do. Not actually pulling out of the holster, but beeing able to do quickly in case of emergency.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »
But at least one securing German cop should do. Not actually pulling out of the holster, but beeing able to do quickly in case of emergency.

We're relaxed nation here. :) :) :)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

realestateguy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »
I go with MoPed because it was the only way I could sell it to my wife when I wanted to get one!  I also like to tell people I drive a moped because it always gets the same funny look from them!

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »
So Axy if I don't have a driver's license for a car then I have to have a tractor license for my farm tractor? 
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 02:27:57 PM »
Some people here will get upset if you call it a moped.  Scooter's the way to go!

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 03:55:03 PM »
The cops in Europe do not approach you with their arm on the weapon in the holster.  Cops here in USA didn't do that 35 - 40 years ago.  We were relaxed culture then too.  Our culture has degenerated greatly. 

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »
So Axy if I don't have a driver's license for a car then I have to have a tractor license for my farm tractor? 

Here are the categories:

1. A - motorcycles
2. B - cars (<3500 kg, <9 seats)
3. C - trucks (>3500 kg)
4. D - buses
5. E - vehicles from categories B, C or D that tow a trailer > 750 kg
6. F - tram(way)s :)
7. G - tractors
8. H - mopeds and small agricultural self-propelled vehicles (like lawn mowers...)

When you get A, you automatically get H.
When you get B, you automatically get G and H.

You cannot take exam only for tractors as there is no driving or operating school for tractors, you need to get B category.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()