Author Topic: 2006 People 150 Electrical Issue  (Read 1911 times)

bjohns

• View Profile
2006 People 150 Electrical Issue
« on: June 29, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »
I'm having a slight problem with something in the electrical system of my People 150.  For no apparent reason, the headlight goes out and only functions when I press the "pass" button on the headlight switch.  Neither bright nor dim will work otherwise.  It's not a problem with the actual bulb, because I've swapped the bulbs out and get the same results.  Seems that the rear tail light is tied into this issue as well, because when the headlight isn't working properly, neither is the rear tail light.   Note-the brake lights activate like normal when I grab the brakes-it's just the tail light and the headlight that are causing me fits.

This bike has about 4,000 KM, and otherwise runs like a top.  It's never been wrecked, kept in my garage, and ridden regularly.  I have no knowledge of scooter/mc electrical systems.  My guess is that it's a short or loose wire-but that's just a guess and I have no way of really knowing.  Got a couple of months left on the warranty.  Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions you may have.

Brock   

kawzak

• View Profile
Re: 2006 People 150 Electrical Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:30:12 AM »
I looked at some of the (USA)People wiring schematics, although I havn't seen one for the 150-it looks like most of the lighting circuits are about the same. The hot wires at the head light socket are (l) and (w)and green (ground) After a short distance there is a connector, the wires now get a stripe-and turn into the L/B wire and the W/B wire . These are tied into the pass switch(to make both beams low and high to come on), so the pass switch and obviously the ground circuits are OK. The light switch or the  light control (relay) it will have 6 wires green,r/y,l/b,w/s,l,w/h. the plug or a terminal may be loose. look at the wires from your headlight, follow them to the connector where they change from a solid color wire to a solid color with a stripe. note these colors-they stay the same colors as they go to the light switch and the relay. I suspect the relay is inside the front fairing/body work. Look with a small flashlight through the side radiator vents if you spot it.Hope this helps

CelticCross

• View Profile
Re: 2006 People 150 Electrical Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:52:24 PM »
Here is a link to the People 150 on-line Parts/Service Manual.  I believe that the electrical diagram is in the first section and section 17 contains info on the headlight

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=41567

scroll down, near the bottom

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()