Author Topic: Technigas Next R on LC super 9  (Read 12260 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: Technigas Next R on LC super 9
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 11:51:14 AM »
same spped liimit here, BUUUUUUUUT. ;D ;)  you will still be rescricted with oem airbox but, yeah, k+n, etc makes a filter for the oem style box..take a 3/8 drill bit and drill a few holes in the box to help with flow...i have a pa14, same jets i think.(threads whole length, slot in end for screwdriver). :D :D :D  probably not, supposedly they make them soewhere. but i NEVER have found any, got tired of looking..learned to make my own recently ;D ;)   makes it easier actually.....  just put a kit together and rock.. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 11:53:33 AM »
oh yeah, pretty sure carbs are the same..check out my thread oem carb tunning, may help somewhere. i am still learning much. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »
  I ordered a couple sets of rollers today and a KRD 5% silver torque spring.Steve at MH told me not to go to stiff with a stock engine,so I'll give this a shot first and see what happens.I have noticed since I've been riding to work and with an added couple pounds from my bag,the dead spot at the 7000 rpm mark is more noticable on hills and it takes about a second and a half when you take off at WOT before the rpms jump up at somewhere around 8200,then it really hammers! Hopefully the new T.spring will make it not have that delay at launch and will help it downshift on hills to get the engine revs back up into it's powerband.I think the rollers need to be a little lighter,but I also know I'm going to have to play with weights again after the T.spring change.So hopefully I got enough weights to find one that will work!

art

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »
  Sounds good. Let us know how it goe's for you.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 09:19:05 PM »
  I will,thanks.I got the news tires put on this morning.All I can say is WoW! What a difference between these Michelins over the old Kenda's.The other ones had started to cup and wear really weird,and had all but made me very uneasy about wet roads.The Michelins pilot sports I've used before on a Hyosung and are even better than I remember!

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »
  Ok guys,I got the torque spring and the new rollers today.I got the clutch bell off and couldn't figure out how to get that bigass nut off of the clutch.Neither I nor my neighbor had anything big enough to break that bitch loose.It was on there too.Will I need an impact for that? I put in the 6 gram rollers and the take off doesn't have as much hesitation before revving nicely and hills I was doing 33-35 by the time I got to the top I'm now getting 40 MPH.So not too bad for just the rollers.I also got a set of 7.5 grams for when I get the torque spring installed,so along with the 6.5's I should be able to dial it in a little after the spring goes in.So far so good!

art

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
  Nice, An impact would do it if you have the right socket. I usually use a large cresent wrench and a rubber mallet to tap it loose. May need some pb blaster or = to get it off the first time(It's a bitch)
  You do have to be carfull not to bugger up the nut if you go this rout. I hold the box end tight to the nut and try tapping to start,if it don't go you may need someone to hold wrench or do the hammering and go at it with some more force.(This is while i have it secured in a vice)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 11:12:25 PM »
i use a vise....turn the clutch upside down, install the nut in the vise, tighten...either by hand or with some big channel locks, grab the outside rim of the pulley itself and twist..works very easy, alot easier than trying to fing a socket/wrench..mine is a 39mm.... the vise is easier....of course your vise needs good square jaws to hold the nut, otherwise itll pop back out when you try amd tighten....  and i use my feet to reinstall the spring/clutch then place back in vise to final tighten..takes about 7min all together....   art is correct about messing the nut up, wont take much to cross thread..be careful there.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 12:17:56 AM »
  Wow! :D  you just taught me something, I'll have to try that next time. I didn't think there would be enouph leverage to do it that way considered it once, and the standing on it priceless  8) Ha! usually get the wife to help with that one(she hates it :D) I don't bend so well anymore but got to try that one  ;)

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 01:04:32 AM »
woo hooo, iz a teacher. ;D    yeah, works good, to me.  i use my feet (i am usually sitting tho, lil easier)to press down the clutch and screw nut on, then vise it again to tighten.... never could find a 39mm, and seen this done and BAM, another no labor cost from any shop.... ;D :D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

art

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 01:39:43 AM »
 Ha! ya the 39mm cost about the same as a shop visit, not to many cheap alternatives

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2010, 02:10:57 AM »
 Well damn.I just borrowed a 34 and a 36 from my wife's Uncles shop,thinking it looked pretty close to one of them.After that I was going to use an impact,but the vice idea should work nicely as well.They seemed to jump two sizes and they were all even so IDK if there was a 39 in his set on not.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2010, 02:16:38 AM »
I had one once cost about $38 so havn't replaced it. Lent it out somewhere along the line never seen it again  :'(  I think there is an amercan = but can't remember the size. at those prices don't want to be wrong.

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »
if i am not mistaken, 1-5/8 is the = 2 the 39mm.   yeah, they arent cheap...in a jumbo socket/ratchet set, whichs cost about $125, the size is there....another reason the vise issssssss ggggrrreeeeeat.. :D ;D
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

dont_tread_on_me

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »
  39mm's is 1.54 inches so...5/8 = 0.625 I think the 9/16 = 0.5625,which is closer to the 1.54.Anyone know if they make an 1 an 9/16ths socket...lol?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()