Author Topic: Stalling  (Read 8296 times)

scosgt

• View Profile
Re: Stalling
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 03:17:08 PM »
I also suggest you add i oz of Seafoam per gallon of gas. It keeps the carb and valves clean, and displaces water.

spooker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »
Well obviously I know what it refers to, since I used it correctly in a sentence.  Let me rephrase the question: what is the linguistic derivation of "met-in"?  Any idears?

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinglishtown.

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 11:56:32 PM »
I googled met-in, and the fifth one down was "we met in a bar". Works for me.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 11:59:19 PM »
I googled met-in, and the fifth one down was "we met in a bar". Works for me.

..WOO-HOOO!!..ME TOOO!!!...

;D

..seriously tho...i don't think anybody here knows....

:-\
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

spooker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 07:35:35 AM »
So apparently the problem is not completely solved.  I think turning up the idle screw kinda masked it, but didn't solve the underlying problem, because today it felt like it almost stalled as I was pulling down the block from my house.  Any ideas?  Should I clean the carb????

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
Any ideas?

Yes; I offered mine a few days ago.

Did you try what I suggested?

spooker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
No, not yet.  I don't know what an air intake is or where to find it.  The shop manual refers to an intake manifold.  Is this it?

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »
The black plastic ductwork on either side of the carb -- one end goes to the air filter, the other end to the intake manifold. A leak in either of these can cause the engine to run rough or stall at low speeds.

spooker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 12:40:19 AM »
Bump!

Still having problems with this.  To recap, the problem is that when the engine on my P S 250 is cold (first couple minutes or two of riding), and the auto-choke has come down, the bike sometimes idles low, and occasionally stalls.  It doesn't happen every time, and once the bike gets warmed up it's fine.

The solutions I've tried so far:
1) Turning up the idle--at first it seemed to fix it, but it didn't.  I don't think I can turn it up anymore, since it's already revving pretty high once it's warmed up.
2) JPrestonian said it might be the air intake, so I tried his trick of spraying ether around those tubes on the carb and seeing if the engine revved.  They didn't, but I tightened the clamps anyway.
3) The guy at Autozone said I probably had debris in my carb jets, so I got some Seafoam.  I've run a little bit through there, and haven't seen any improvement, but I'll keep using it.

Any other suggestions?  I'm considering taking the plunge and bringing it to a professional, and the nearest reputable one is 80 miles away.  I want my scoot to work perfectly!  Could this potentially be a warranty issue?  If so, I should take it to a mechanic soon, since my warranty runs out in 3 months.  Thanks!

art

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »
  Did you try setting the air idle screw,might be a tad rich if stalling.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 04:35:47 AM »
Bump!

Still having problems with this.  To recap, the problem is that when the engine on my P S 250 is cold (first couple minutes or two of riding), and the auto-choke has come down, the bike sometimes idles low, and occasionally stalls.  It doesn't happen every time, and once the bike gets warmed up it's fine.

The solutions I've tried so far:
1) Turning up the idle--at first it seemed to fix it, but it didn't.  I don't think I can turn it up anymore, since it's already revving pretty high once it's warmed up.
2) JPrestonian said it might be the air intake, so I tried his trick of spraying ether around those tubes on the carb and seeing if the engine revved.  They didn't, but I tightened the clamps anyway.
3) The guy at Autozone said I probably had debris in my carb jets, so I got some Seafoam.  I've run a little bit through there, and haven't seen any improvement, but I'll keep using it.

Any other suggestions?  I'm considering taking the plunge and bringing it to a professional, and the nearest reputable one is 80 miles away.  I want my scoot to work perfectly!  Could this potentially be a warranty issue?  If so, I should take it to a mechanic soon, since my warranty runs out in 3 months.  Thanks!

You have outline my exact steps in my problems.  I had a vacuum leak.  I just read you can use WD40 to spray the vacuum tubes. When you spray the tubes individually and when it effects the idle, that's the one.

spooker

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 01:30:25 AM »
So, Techguy, do you think I have a broken vacuum line??  Where are the vacuum lines, so I can try the WD40 test?  Thanks.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 01:33:01 AM »
Could this potentially be a warranty issue?

..yes it should be, if your scoot is still under warranty...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 04:57:34 AM »
If this is warranty... I would take it to the dealer.  I know its a huge pain in the butt to do so but you are protecting your asset by doing so. See if you can make an appointment for same day service. Drive, drop the scoot (heck ride if it's just an idle issue like mine was, I rode almost 1,500 miles with my idle issues... two rallies and a summer) go off and do some errand or hang around town, check back in an hour or so and see what they say.

Don't let them lolly-gag much more than that. They should respect your time too.  Be honest, let them know that you coming to there shop isa 200 mile trip and dropping it on one day and coming back in a week is not an option for what could be a an hour or labor. Maybe even have then see if they can't talk with the Technical Advisor at Kymco ahaed of time.

What have they looked at already?

Where do you live... where is this dealer?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()