Author Topic: Head Light, Tail Light, Instrument Lights not working - help  (Read 5250 times)

Dibber

• View Profile
Head Light, Tail Light, Instrument Lights not working - help
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:27:06 PM »
My son's People 150's headlight has a very dim glow, the instrument lights do not work, Tail light not working.  Blinkers work, Passing Light switch works, brake lights work.  Has anyone had this problem or have a fix.  Fuses also look good.
Thanks.

art

• View Profile
Re: Head Light, Tail Light, Instrument Lights not working - help
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »
 If the rectifier has been unplugged while running it will blow all the bulbs that were on at the time. If that is not the case rectifier may be going or have a bad connettion would be my guess. It's under the front shield.
  Ps welcome to the forum good luck
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

thatsricci

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:53:09 PM »
I had an issue with mine that would intermittenly cause all the headlights and instrument lights to flicker, and go out, and back on, then out again...  The wire that was leading to the license plate light came loose and dropped low enough to get shredded by the rear tire and short out.   Inspect ALL wires on your bike and look for shredded ones that may be shorting...  use a continuity tester to look for continuity between wires that shouldn't be with 'ground'.

Dibber

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:19:58 PM »
The scooter is still under warranty and Bob from Scooterville MN assured it is a warranty issue. 
They just started to dig into it today and I will report what it was that caused all of the troubles.  Anyone in Minnesota interested in a Kymco, Genuine Buddy, Stella, Vespa, or Hyosung scooter/motorcycle should stop by Scooterville.  They are a great shop and tops in my book.
Dibber

art

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 12:05:57 AM »
 Cool  8)  Ya would like to know the cause, seems another member is haveing the same issue with a 250cc scoot
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Dibber

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »
Well my son got his scooter back.  It was a ground problem.  Took a couple of days to find it, but after digging they found it and fixed it.  Warranty is a nice thing to have. 

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 11:59:14 PM »
..awesome Dibber!!!

:o
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Dibber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 01:36:43 AM »
The ground issue was a worn tail light wire.  Scooterville replaced the wiring and it was good to go.  Scooterville is a big dealer in Minnesota and they never ran into this issue before.  Now hope nothing else creeps up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()