2 (2%)
Spade 150
8 (7.8%)
Sento, all engines
2 (2%)
AK550
33 (32.4%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: Creat a subheading for your new Kymco model  (Read 37166 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Creat a subheading for your new Kymco model
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2024, 12:32:52 PM »
There should be a subheading for AK550 owners. Put it right with the MyRoad700 and Xciting500.
Could if I would!
No, wait...where's my white-out!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Super Dirt Dud

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2024, 11:03:14 PM »
Well I guess someone has the keys to this forum so why don’t they make these simple changes ? I also want a AK550 subhead for everything in one place who runs this forum?
I HAD THE RIGHT-OF-WAY will look splendid chiseled on your tombstone !

Be Careful out there
 2022 AK550
2023 People 150

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2024, 10:21:03 AM »
… who runs this forum?

Aye, there’s the rub. Who indeed. Whomsoever set it up aeons ago seems now to have left us to our own devices!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2024, 05:38:20 PM »
Aye, there’s the rub. Who indeed. Whomsoever set it up aeons ago seems now to have left us to our own devices!

Bonus points for "Whomsoever" in a sentence.
And , "aeons" !, Well - you've won the ham!

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2024, 10:13:22 PM »
no love for the K-Pipe ?  my vote went there before I bought my AK550, so now I want 2 more model headings, The SxS forum covers my UXV450i pretty good
RandyO
IBA#9560

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2024, 11:35:39 AM »

Bonus points for "Whomsoever" in a sentence.
And , "aeons" !, Well - you've won the ham!

Stig

And very tasty it was too!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Netizen

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2024, 07:34:29 AM »
I just bought a AK550.   I also have a Honda NCX700. 

I'm amazed there is no forum specifically for the AK550 yet. 
I think it would be sufficient to have one here in a subheading.   
I am used to a forum with a URL specifically for the HondaNCX700/750 it promotes interest in the bike which drives sales.
Kymco is really missing a great marketing tool by not providing at least subheadings in this forum for each scooter/bike they sell.

There is a much good information on the AK550 in reddit as there is here.   
This needs to be addressed or if not someone else will create a forum and take all the traffic from Kymco's forums which would be a real shame.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2024, 12:55:59 PM »
I just bought a AK550.   I also have a Honda NCX700. 

I'm amazed there is no forum specifically for the AK550 yet. 
I think it would be sufficient to have one here in a subheading.   
I am used to a forum with a URL specifically for the HondaNCX700/750 it promotes interest in the bike which drives sales.
Kymco is really missing a great marketing tool by not providing at least subheadings in this forum for each scooter/bike they sell.

There is a much good information on the AK550 in reddit as there is here.   
This needs to be addressed or if not someone else will create a forum and take all the traffic from Kymco's forums which would be a real shame.

To be clear - this isn't a KYMCOUSA.com forum.

Not certain KYMCOUSA knows where our tent is located!

Kymco makes a good scooter....so rugged & reliable that USA owners have learned to get along with minimal dealer support, company promotion or easy parts availability.  Maybe that helps keep the U.S. prices down on their bread & butter 50>300 models.

Place AK550 in the title of your post here. It will be read.

Welcome to the farm forum!

Stig
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 01:38:43 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Netizen

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2024, 05:57:46 AM »
Please indicate your interest in creating a few new subheadings for the new Kymco models listed in the poll.

Thanks.
Stig

This was posted in 2018 and still no forum created for KYMCO AK550.

For every bike I've owned I've found a forum specific to the model I bought usually hosted by the Manufacturer.   

I've grown accustomed to spending my time there sharing information with other owners and getting information with other owners.   We also bonded and created meet-ups for other owners of the same bike.  This not only helped the owners but it promoted the bikes and the manufacture and helped sell more of these bikes.

I am at a loss as to how there is no forum support from Kymco after all these years.   Kymco is losing out on a big marketing tool that is cheap to host and run by their customers who promote their bikes for them.

Does anyone here know of a host were we can make a AK550 forum and we can hang out and share information?   I've been looking but I haven't had a need to make a forum in a very long time so it will take me some time to find one on my own.

Other model owners could create their forums there too since Kymco doesn't seem to want to support us.   6 years is long enough to know we aren't important to them.  We need to move on and make our own communities elsewhere.

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2024, 03:37:50 PM »
This was posted in 2018 and still no forum created for KYMCO AK550.

For every bike I've owned I've found a forum specific to the model I bought usually hosted by the Manufacturer.   

I've grown accustomed to spending my time there sharing information with other owners and getting information with other owners.   We also bonded and created meet-ups for other owners of the same bike.  This not only helped the owners but it promoted the bikes and the manufacture and helped sell more of these bikes.

I am at a loss as to how there is no forum support from Kymco after all these years.   Kymco is losing out on a big marketing tool that is cheap to host and run by their customers who promote their bikes for them.

Does anyone here know of a host were we can make a AK550 forum and we can hang out and share information?   I've been looking but I haven't had a need to make a forum in a very long time so it will take me some time to find one on my own.

Other model owners could create their forums there too since Kymco doesn't seem to want to support us.   6 years is long enough to know we aren't important to them.  We need to move on and make our own communities elsewhere.

If you read throughout this thread... as well as other places in the forum... all you really need to do is be sure to put "AK 550" somewhere in the title of your thread. I find no problem finding information when I simply look for that in the title. I'm on 5 different forums and all are the same. I put the term "AK 550" in the title of any threads I start and go from there. I also find a great many posts in threads where that is done. I started riding in 1979 (with a break from it early on) and have belonged to several forums intended for those bike makes if not for the specific model I rode and NONE of those forums were ever hosted or even sponsored by the manufacturer. That includes the Gold Wing forum I belonged to several years ago. Only one forum that I have ever been associated with was ever visited by a manufacturer rep and that was out of voluntary courtesy by that rep and not instigated by the company. I know HD does sponsor forums for their bikes, but they have a major stake in the social connection of their riders since that is a major part of their product (a social group created by ownership of their bikes). I think I've heard of BMW doing similar but most riders I know who ride a BMW (and I now know many) only belong to BMW forums NOT sponsored by that company and intentionally choose not to. I find forums that are independent from their brands are far more informative and open with valid and true information and not biased about it.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2024, 04:46:38 PM »

Do we have a volunteer here?!  Go for it!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Netizen

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2024, 05:26:33 AM »
If you read throughout this thread... as well as other places in the forum... all you really need to do is be sure to put "AK 550" somewhere in the title of your thread. I find no problem finding information when I simply look for that in the title. I'm on 5 different forums and all are the same. I put the term "AK 550" in the title of any threads I start and go from there. I also find a great many posts in threads where that is done. I started riding in 1979 (with a break from it early on) and have belonged to several forums intended for those bike makes if not for the specific model I rode and NONE of those forums were ever hosted or even sponsored by the manufacturer. That includes the Gold Wing forum I belonged to several years ago. Only one forum that I have ever been associated with was ever visited by a manufacturer rep and that was out of voluntary courtesy by that rep and not instigated by the company. I know HD does sponsor forums for their bikes, but they have a major stake in the social connection of their riders since that is a major part of their product (a social group created by ownership of their bikes). I think I've heard of BMW doing similar but most riders I know who ride a BMW (and I now know many) only belong to BMW forums NOT sponsored by that company and intentionally choose not to. I find forums that are independent from their brands are far more informative and open with valid and true information and not biased about it.

It sounds like your saying the Forum is not run by Kymco.   I may have wrongly assumed it was just because of the domain name and if so, thank you for bringing that to my attention.   

Believe me I do search for the term AK550 and would continue to do that search regardless of having a Forum heading for AK550.   But it's not the same thing as having a home where you hang out and check the latest posts just by logging in to the forum each day.  That is where you get the camaraderie of hanging out with fellow riders of your same bike and sharing sharing finds of accessories or planning meetups or rides.   You need a home forum for that and that is what is lacking here.

I have never been a mod for a forum, I would be willing to try but I know choosing the forum host is very important as you won't be able to move it to a better host once it has become established.  All the content would be lost.
I've been reading the downfalls of some of the "Free" hosting sites such as invasive adds, difficulty in setting up and maintaining and I wouldn't want to make those mistakes.   Maybe someone has some experience or knowledge that would help pick the best host.  That would be the major part of the battle.   I would be happy to do whatever I can in modding it or also be happy to let someone take over.
I'd also be just as happy if we could get our own Subheading right here.   That would solve the problem.   
My frustration at seeing that the AK550 is the most requested subheading and this poll and question was asked back in 2018 and there still is no AK550 Subheading is why I suggested creating one elsewhere since it doesn't look like it is ever going to happen here.
I just want to have a home to hang out with my fellow AK550 riders at and share information.  I don't care where it is as long as it works.
I'm open to any suggestions, let's make this happen here or elsewhere, let's just make it happen so we can all hang out.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()