Author Topic: How come no XTown 300?  (Read 1327 times)

ccemn1

• View Profile
How come no XTown 300?
« on: November 01, 2018, 12:41:48 AM »
I bought an XTown 300 several months ago, after owning two Super 8, 150's.
Love them all, but I'd like to see a page here for the XTown line.
About my only complaint has been the windscreen design. I'm 5' 11" and get a wind blast right in the face.
I looked into getting another screen, but couldn't find anyone making one, so I bought a Puig, clamp on, air blade from Rev Zilla. Best $79. dollars I've ever spent.
It only raises the distance about 3 inches, but creates a venturi effect, forcing the air stream between the screen & blade, moving it higher, and now over my head.
Before it was downright uncomfortable at speed, but now, I only get slight buffeting around my ears.
The only drawback is above 65 MPH, there's a bit of a Wooshing noise created.

djammons

• View Profile
Re: How come no XTown 300?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:55:01 AM »
About my only complaint has been the windscreen design. I'm 5' 11" and get a wind blast right in the face.
I looked into getting another screen, but couldn't find anyone making one, so I bought a Puig, clamp on, air blade from Rev Zilla. Best $79. dollars I've ever spent.
It only raises the distance about 3 inches, but creates a venturi effect, forcing the air stream between the screen & blade, moving it higher, and now over my head.
Before it was downright uncomfortable at speed, but now, I only get slight buffeting around my ears.
I believe I am about to be the proud owner of a 2018 X Town 300i in the next few days.  I am just  5'7" so it sounds like the factory windscreen may work for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 11:39:45 AM »
Please cast you vote in the sticky, "create new subheadings..."
Thanks, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ccemn1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm pretty Tech Challenged. Not sure how to do that, or even what it is you're talking about?

Texas Like

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 01:47:12 AM »
I've had my Like 200i 11 months and put 5000 miles on her,I've been really pleased but looking to upgrade to a brand new Xtown 300i in a few months.
I'm interested in what brand and size of top cases y'all are using on maxi scooters?

ccemn1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 03:00:47 PM »
I've had my Like 200i 11 months and put 5000 miles on her,I've been really pleased but looking to upgrade to a brand new Xtown 300i in a few months.
I'm interested in what brand and size of top cases y'all are using on maxi scooters?
I got mine on eBay for around $39.00. It is large, easily removable & carried, and will hold two full face helmets, but fits a maxi bike well.
I just painted it, not to be vain, but when shopping here in Florida, the groceries would be hot, from the original black color it came in.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 07:29:38 PM »
Nice repaint! That lizard monster on top the box ought to keep the morons away!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 07:18:37 PM »
Windshield solution for XTown 300i is:  Puig Touring---about  $200----after 10 new maxi-scooters wince 1990 and over 400,000 miles with them---buffeting always problem---really bad with standard windshields, maybe better with some aftermarket shields.

The Puig is best I have had and am satisfied for comfort, air management, look over/fit   Kymco has nice mounting system, minor diddletime installing.

My bike is 2019, but I think all are same back to 2016.

ccemn1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 03:07:29 PM »
Nice repaint! That lizard monster on top the box ought to keep the morons away!
I did that as a goof. Here in Key West, Iguanas are all over the place and so prolific, they're a problem!

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 10:09:02 PM »
Be patient. I have a feeling the thread will be created.

- Wolf

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()