Author Topic: dr pulley slider weights  (Read 12291 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: dr pulley slider weights
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
I have what sounds like a similar bolt on my zx, I can get it with a 10mm 1/4" drive socket though it is tight behind the plastic cover.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
..hmm..dunno...the 50 has plenty of clearance to get at all the fasteners...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 09:30:01 PM »
  Ya the people is all access,but the s200 got to pull the plastic to get to it all
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 03:23:26 AM »
on my P250 (vintage, non-s) I need to remove all plastics from the back half of the bike.

If you go to the photo with this link and follow the image, if will show you how I take my plastics off.  You may need to move to the image of me removing the rear rack mounting screws.

http://picasaweb.google.com/guyharrison/ScooterPhotos?feat=directlink

After you get the plastics off, I need to take these bolts from the pillion foot rest off. I cannot take my CVT cover off without taking off the foot rest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 12:38:58 AM »
...wow....not mod-friendly......

art

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 12:43:11 AM »
  Ha! the plus is you can still electric start with out the cover. Havn't had mine on in months!!! Some day  ::)  It's start gear is ran on the other side somehow  :D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
I hate the thought of pulling all this stuff off to get to this bolt so I can remove the cover.  No one with current ps250 has posted though - that means there is still hope.

:)>>

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 11:31:01 PM »
sounds like 20 grams for me - I like the sound of shot out of a cannon - although my scooter already has real good acceleration compared to my 200 Aprilia which is kinda doggy (6 seconds to 40 mph from standstill).  I will order some next week and refer to pictures and info here when I go to  put them in.  One other question - when I tried to get my cover off the variator I could not get one on the bolts out - it was the one upper left (as I recall) - I could not get to it with the tools I have - anyone have a tip to get this one out?

You need to pull the body. S is NOT user friendly.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 07:58:27 AM »
I rode tonight.  First time in over a month due to medical issue and dizziness.. not a good pairing with scooters.

Well, I was getting on the freeway next to a 50 foot long truck and behind the slowest car in America...  I was able to move from 60 MPH to better than 80 MPH in a timely manner with the on-ramp and my NEW sliders (installed correctly).  I did it with confidence.  CONFIDENCE is all I ask for.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 03:10:19 AM »
CONFIDENCE is all I ask for.

...i hear you screaming brother!!

;)

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
Never did go any further with plans to do this to my ps250.  In the meantime I bought a Honda Big Ruckus and did do it to it - it was really a dog - the sliders and rejetting the carb have helped immensely.  And now I am thinking about doing the ps2560 again - curse that bolt!!  If anyone has the current ps250 and has done this mod could you please post what sliders you bought for the ps250.  I have a very slight jerkiness on the BR when I first start moving - do you think I might have put one or more in wrong?  It only happens on first motion and is not drastic - I suppose I will have to open it up and make sure - not my favorite!  But a lot easier than the ps250.

ispud

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 10:50:25 PM »
Change of plans - J. Costa variator sounds like the way to go - trying to get one for my Big Ruckus.  Think I will leave well enough alone with the Kymco - it goes like a rocket already compared to the Honda.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()